What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

I thought id ask here instead of making a thread out of it, but does nike even make good, thick ankle height socks anymore? all I see are super thin, super low cut ones with some strange weaving in the middle. those things have to be a joke. sigh.

now I havent bought socks in many years, and the current crop is wearing out and I need to replace them, but I cant find anything suitable locally.

all I want are plain white, thick (3-4x thicker than this elite stuff) ankle height (normal height, not low cut) socks that will fit 11-12 without being tight. any brand will do btw. help me out nt!

nba quarter cut socks

Last edited:
do they make the nba socks in xl?
probably, but the large 8-13 size is the most common size sold. nba players for the most part fit the xl range, so there should be some out there

Anyone know where I can cop the black kay yow socks? I would from NDC, but i dont want to pay for shipping. BCAs are much easier to cop now but i need the black ones!

Last edited:
probably, but the large 8-13 size is the most common size sold. nba players for the most part fit the xl range, so there should be some out there

Anyone know where I can cop the black kay yow socks? I would from NDC, but i dont want to pay for shipping. BCAs are much easier to cop now but i need the black ones!

Order $100 or more worth of stuff through NDC, then return everything but the socks. If there isn't a Nike Store nearby, your $ is tied up for a week or so but hey, its free shipping that way.

Picked all these up from champs today! BCA's are from NDC which came in on Tuesday

So did anyone else notice that the elites were the same as the regular Nike drifit + cushion socks that come in a 3 pk for the same price? Copped the Germany colorway to compare & they were exactly the same. Same padding, compression, length, dri-fit, and L & R distinction.

Doubling up with both was nice. But you just gotta love Nike's marketing skills.
are the new elites that bad? lol i got the same dri fit socks and they're pretty good, but the og elites feel better for bball.

Thought I would post a couple of new pickups and some older stuff...All are PE and not retail version

Nike Elites with NO stripe

I saw some kobe elites today at my local champs. They weren't the black ones that i've seen though. They were the green with I think yellow stripe in the back. Don't remember exactly, but I didn't think of taking pics at the time.

I saw some kobe elites today at my local champs. They weren't the black ones that i've seen though. They were the green with I think yellow stripe in the back. Don't remember exactly, but I didn't think of taking pics at the time.

Someone in the Kobe 8 thread posted pics of several different colors of the Kobe 8 socks.

Someone in the Kobe 8 thread posted pics of several different colors of the Kobe 8 socks.
Haha. Yep. These would be the ones. I didn't know they came out with more of them. I dont really follow the kobe elite socks. 

Back
Top Bottom