What's in a name?

I used to want to change my name. Same old story, dad was a piece of crap/didn't raise me/blah blah blah. But then I came about the idea of 'restoring' the name...kinda corny, I know. Not even like our name is known around the way, just a personal thing to me.

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

I used to want to change my name. Same old story, dad was a piece of crap/didn't raise me/blah blah blah. But then I came about the idea of 'restoring' the name...kinda corny, I know. Not even like our name is known around the way, just a personal thing to me.

Huh... That's very interesting..my dad also didint raise an I've thot about it before tooBut that's a cool way to spin it..I'm from brasil... When people first meet me they think I'm white.. After they find out my name..They think I'm puerto rican..White people can never pronounce my name..No other race ever has a problem..

I don't personally know I a black Cody. But here's one I know of:

Cody-ChesnuTT_King.jpg

the whitest names i can think of are Bo Levi Mitchell (central washington QB) John David Booty (usc QB) and wyatt, and tanner

I changed my first name when I became an American citizen only because everyone has called me Pia since I was born and not my real name, so I decided to just make it permanent. Plus I like my name.
Changing it wasn't too difficult though. It was just part of the citizenship process.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

the whitest names i can think of are Bo Levi Mitchell (central washington QB) John David Booty (usc QB) and wyatt, and tanner

tucker, richard, kyle, brent, dan, luke, bob, and bart.

My mother told me when I was younger that she was considering changing the spelling of my name. I've always been intrigued by the thought. I think I may still go through with it. I do wonder if it will make legal and financial things a hassle.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

tucker, richard, kyle, brent, dan, luke, bob, and bart.
if your names greg youre either white or a hilarious black dude
laugh.gif

I might do it in the future. The story that my pops and grandma have told me is the same story that they were told. My great great grandfather's last name was Dela Cruz. But the MFer was so f'ing lazy he just wrote Cruz on paper everytime. And, well, in the Philippines just about anything goes. So, Cruz became his lineage and he's passed it on ever since. Whenever it is in life I feel accomplished I may change my name back to Dela Cruz to show that you can't be lazy if you want to get to where you want to go.

Back
Top Bottom