what's it like living on Miami-Dade county?

Geez everyone hating on my city....

Who ever said this city gets boring and repetitive quick is a broke boy. ****.

I work in ny And live in Miami. And honestly I like Miami more than NY. The weather is better. Cheaper cost of living. Food is better too

Current Miami resident checking in:

I'm from the other coast of Florida and can't wait to go back.
This whole city is a fraud, perfectly depicted by the sports broadcasts at Sun Life Stadium showing the view of Downtown like its next door and NBA telecasts at AA Arena showing people walking on South beach which is like a 30 minute drive away. There is NOTHING in downtown Miami but corporate businesses so people thinking its a real city down there are in for a surprise. South beach is the only draw to Miami and if you live here you cant afford to live within 30 minutes of it.

I pay $15 for pitchers of miller lite on the reg at hole in the wall sports bars. $18-20 at respectable places. $1600/mo for a 650 sq. foot loft, and I have to pay to park to do simple things like shop at grocery stores and go to the movie theater.

Women are gorgeous but all stuck up and looking for the next implant with paper.

Everyone leases there cars to keep up with the perception of living the Miami lifestyle.

Traffic is a DISASTER. Takes me an hour in the morning to drive 10 miles to work.

And for everyone suggesting Kendal/Doral, yea those places are decent but are NOT the Miami people expect when they want to come live here. They're like 40 minutes away from what anyone would consider "Miami", i.e. Downtown, South Beach, etc.

Six more months and I'm out :smokin

OP, If you don't like the hustle and bustle and BS in Dade County, Give Broward a try.

I grew up there, till I was 18.

Then I went to school in Tallahassee for 4 years.

When I came back I was like how did I ever live here?

Miami really can be a polarizing place. I completely understand why you felt that way. But I also understand people coming in from other places that love it there. Especially people from up north. Some love it and don't want to leave. While other can't stand it.

What I will say is you fellas wanting to come down here because of the women..wrap it up.

Geez everyone hating on my city....

Who ever said this city gets boring and repetitive quick is a broke boy. ****.

Far from broke. How many times can you go to South Beach? Downtown Miami is a few blocks, Wynwood is a couple blocks, Gables is a few blocks. What else is there to do?

Downtown Orlando 
nthat.gif

Dade County born and raised right here. Haven't lived there in a long time, tho.

It's a great place to visit, party, engage with beautiful women, etc.

However, cost of living is high, traffic is bad, and corporate opportunities for non-bilinguals are scarce.

It has and pro's and cons, but I'd love to move back down there when I get older.

Like someone else said, you don't have to live in MIA; it's just one part of South Florida.

You can live in Broward. There's plenty to do there and you can still experience Miami.

NY>>>>>>>>>> FL tho

Downtown Orlando :nthat:

Outskirts are pretty sketchy though. I do prefer the weather though compared to south Florida.
since the magic my fav team, always been interested in Orlando :lol: ...only been to disney world down there one time n all i remember was it was hot n ppl said dont go north of downtown ..info on Orlando n the other major cities in FL in general ? :nerd:

Last edited:
Like to hear more about Orlando as well. I stayed out there a few days last year and I'm moving there in February. I don't know a ton about the area. What are some of the better gyms that are cheaper?

Is LIV really live like that though? :nerd:
If you have money yea, if you don't have money prepare to stand in a corner with a lot of people and watch ballers with all the bad females pop bottles at VIP. 

THIS COMMENT MADE ME SPIT MY DRINK OUT. REPPED.

my buddy said he pulled up in honda civic and them ballers had their luxurious bmw, mercedez, maserati. had him feeling inferior

cant wait to get to miami and attend a pitbull concert :smokin

Last edited:
Orlando area is trashy as hell outside the city...and central/north florida is basically a sunnier Alabama
laugh.gif

I've had some yambs from Kendall. Top-notch looks, but they think very highly of themselves; superficial to the max. Will you hit if you got $ or are "exclusive/popular" in their eyes. Fun times.

Also noticed that many certified thots flee Miami and trek up north to NYC to hide from their pasts. Met a few chicks who left their kids in Miami, used to trick down there, or had trouble pasts. Come up here and try to front like they brand new, but get smutted out quick. Also fun times lol.

Also noticed that many certified thots flee Miami and trek up north to NYC to hide from their pasts. Met a few chicks who left their kids in Miami, used to trick down there, or had trouble pasts. Come up here and try to front like they brand new, but get smutted out quick. Also fun times lol.

This is true, but also I've encountered it the other way around too. Florida is weird like that, that's why you have so many strange stories coming out of this state. It does attract the crazies for real.

I live in Ft. Lauderdale (20-30 mins from Miami) and I love it. I work in Miami, I went to school in Miami but wouldn't live there. Ft. Lauderdale is perfect because it's not as fast paced (some areas are) as miami, but it's not slow neither. Perfect balance. 
Yea if South Florida was the move, I would be there. Plus you are 30 mins from MIA.

But I hear the jobs aren't that great out there, as others have said. A lot of folks jobless down there

Think only people born in Miami can live in Miami. We so used too it. If you moving down here (south Florida) find places in the 954/561 area. You won't like it besides south beach

Last edited:
Orlando area is trashy as hell outside the city...and central/north florida is basically a sunnier Alabama :lol:  

That's how it is outside of Broward-Dade counties. Anywhere outside Broward, Dade, and Orlando, it's country as hell. ****, Davie/Cooper City (in Broward) still has a **** load of Clan living out there.

I've had some yambs from Kendall. Top-notch looks, but they think very highly of themselves; superficial to the max. Will you hit if you got $ or are "exclusive/popular" in their eyes. Fun times.

Kendall has those superficial Venezuelan chicks. A lot of chicks in Broward/Dade think there a IG model.

This is true, but also I've encountered it the other way around too. Florida is weird like that, that's why you have so many strange stories coming out of this state. It does attract the crazies for real.

Exactly. Lot of northerners down here running away from something.

Back
Top Bottom