What's the allure of a McDonald's burger?

They have the best sweet tea of any national chain.

A whataburger honey bar-b-que chicken step sandwich with some sweet tea from McDonald's.

Better combo than Kobe and Shaq

Last edited:
McDonald's
Dumb topic, but you took the time to respond....

Anyways...most people get cravings. I love burgers, but I'd never go to McDonald's to get that fix. That's just me. I don't like their food and think it's crap. However, for those who do eat there, are you eating their burgers because you think they're good, or is it just getting a burger fix on the cheap?

I'm sure if we had the choice we would eat at a quality burger spot. Fast food burgers are just convenient and it does the job especially if your really hungry.

Dumb topic, but you took the time to respond....

Anyways...most people get cravings. I love burgers, but I'd never go to McDonald's to get that fix. That's just me. I don't like their food and think it's crap. However, for those who do eat there, are you eating their burgers because you think they're good, or is it just getting a burger fix on the cheap?

this may sound silly

but for most Americans/canadians Mcd's it is your first consistent interaction with a burger. We as children went MacDonald's, it was the reward after winning a soccer game, it was the place where you had your 7th birthday party, it's the place where you got that transformers figurine in your happy meal, the place where you mixed different found drinks to create new flavors.

and even when you grow up and your palette matures, you still have this nostalgic twinge in the recesses of you memory banks when you taste a McDonalds fries, or Burger and no matter how old people get they can't quite shake it.

It's why McDonalds has play places, and happy meal toys, not just to make money but so children associate McDonalds with positive emotions. :lol:

Does in and out taste better, 100% yes.

Does Five Guys taste better 100% yes.

but when I'm in a certain mood, or I'm feeling kind of down, I'm embarrassed to say sometimes only Mcd burger does the trick.

Last edited:
this may sound silly

but for most Americans/canadians Mcd's it is your first consistent interaction with a burger. We as children went MacDonald's, it was the reward after winning a soccer game, it was the place where you had your 7th birthday party, it's the place where you got that transformers figurine in your happy meal, the place where you mixed different found drinks to create new flavors.

and even when you grow up and your palette matures, you still have this nostalgic twinge in the recesses of you memory banks when you taste a McDonalds fries, or Burger and no matter how old people get they can't quite shake it.

It's why McDonalds has play places, and happy meal toys, not just to make money but so children associate McDonalds with positive emotions. :lol:

Does in and out taste better, 100% yes.

Does Five Guys taste better 100% yes.

but when I'm in a certain mood, or I'm feeling kind of down, I'm embarrassed to say sometimes only Mcd burger does the trick.

Mad Men monologue

I never really liked Mcdonalds like that. I liked their breakfast, but didn't order from their regular menu too much. Only double cheeseburgers. I always preferred BK. That charbroiledness >>>>>>>>>

As I grew up, I stopped eating as much fast food. I went back like a year ago, and the burger was just dull and grey looking. Quality definitely dipped. Same with Mcdonalds. It's like wtf happened between when I was a kid and now?

At the end of the day, IN N Out >>>>>>>>>>>>

You out of towners just wont get it. The ability to get a 3x3 with Animal Fries at like 2 AM >>>>>

Last edited:
No in n outs in NY so I don't give a crap about them. If you're that good, you should have a location here.

In n out is good, but if you have a five guys nearby you aren't missing anything. I've had both. The best burger is a personally grilled burger off the grill with whatever condiments you feel like putting on. Nobody knows your taste buds like you. Might cop a Forman and a pack off beef patties this weekend just to get my thing off.

Last edited:
Takes me back to my childhood . We never ate out back in the 80s and Mickey Deez was a treat.

No in n outs in NY so I don't give a crap about them. If you're that good, you should have a location here.
Well that's just silly. I'm sho there are east coast chains that are bomb but aren't available over here.

This ***** 
laugh.gif

Can't stand McDonald's. Food is terrible even by fast food standards. For that 2am late night meal I usually get Jack in the Box. Satisfies my hunger and doesn't break my already fragile wallet. Lately my friends and u will get IHOP late night though, those country fried steaks :pimp:

Can't stand McDonald's. Food is terrible even by fast food standards. For that 2am late night meal I usually get Jack in the Box. Satisfies my hunger and doesn't break my already fragile wallet. Lately my friends and u will get IHOP late night though, those country fried steaks
pimp.gif
Tha homey said they put Kangaroo meat in they tacos.

**** what 90% of the people in this thread are talking about. I would consider myself a food elitist and the fact of the matter is a double quarter pounder with cheese taste damn good.

McDonalds is just another of many viable alternatives. Sometimes I have a distinct taste for In N Out, sometimes I want a gourmet burger with avocado or carmalized onions, sometimes I want that double quarter pounder with those fries laced with crack and that distinct Sprite formula exclusive to McDonalds. When I get that specific craving I satisfy it, that's the allure of McDonalds.

McDoanlds and fast food in general isn't even
cheap relative to comparable lunch/dinner options unless we're talking dollar/value menu.

Back
Top Bottom