What's the allure of a McDonald's burger?

I mean I knew FLorida wouldn't have it, but TEXAS?

:smh: bunch of uncivilized heathens

Funny because Mcdonalds actually owned Chipotle at one point.

It does seem like they are behind with creations of new burgers at least. Carls Jr, Jack In the Box and Wendys seem to come out with a new type of burger every month while at McDonalds, you're kind of stuck ordering the same thing.
With new leadership, I can see them putting in more high end burgers to fit in with that growing market. I'd pay the extra $ for a better quality burger.
mcdonalds will never be talked about as a high end burger
They have the best sweet tea of any national chain.

Chick fil a will probably make it to nyc sooner or later, I'm pretty sure NYU has had one on campus for a while now. Though my college had one too and quality was nowhere near an actual chic fil a store. Looks like In-n-out, unfortunately, may never make it out here for us east coasters.

I consider where I live to be a "Food Desert" and there are no quality options so I only go to McDs for convenience. I often have to choose between McDonalds and White Castle. I know I shouldn't be eating these places though and often feel remorse because I know it's bad for me.

On another note I tried that Wendys Bacon and Bleu burger and it wasn't bad. If you like bleu cheese you should like it.

On the cool, I think everyone should take up Chic-fil-a's business model(aside from being closed on Sundays and gay marriages).

Stop trying to cut corners to maximize profits and just do what you're supposed to do really well.

this may sound silly

but for most Americans/canadians Mcd's it is your first consistent interaction with a burger. We as children went MacDonald's, it was the reward after winning a soccer game, it was the place where you had your 7th birthday party, it's the place where you got that transformers figurine in your happy meal, the place where you mixed different found drinks to create new flavors.

and even when you grow up and your palette matures, you still have this nostalgic twinge in the recesses of you memory banks when you taste a McDonalds fries, or Burger and no matter how old people get they can't quite shake it.

It's why McDonalds has play places, and happy meal toys, not just to make money but so children associate McDonalds with positive emotions. :lol:

Does in and out taste better, 100% yes.

Does Five Guys taste better 100% yes.

but when I'm in a certain mood, or I'm feeling kind of down, I'm embarrassed to say sometimes only Mcd burger does the trick.

Mad Men monologue
If McD was smart they'd hire John Hamm to recite this :lol: :pimp:
Wtf is a Cookout?

How yall bringing up local burger joint in a conversation about McDs?

Of course its better...its a local spot.
View media item 1398670Are you even alive fam?
I don't know what the **** that place is either.

Yall dudes are not talking about national chains.

It's like when I see commercials for Arbys and Carl's Jr. They're not in NYC :lol: I assume they're only on highway exits.

Haven't had a burger from Mickey D's in a long time, but never had a bad experience.

Convenience and price. That's it. Unless you talking Wendy's or BK, those other places are typically more expensive and you have to wait.

5 Guys is ridiculous with the pricing, you're better off just going to a true sit down restaurant. The local burger joints are usually the best medium.

Cook-out is legit and is as cheap as McDonalds.

McDonald's definitely has the worst burgers out of all the burger chains. I mean I know they're cheap and convenient but their burgers are just ***! Lol I never find myself just wanting to go get a burger from McDonalds. Their fries are the best thing they got going IMO. (Only when their fresh though and not overly salted)

I will say Wendy's and Burger King taste better overall to me. But I still go to McDonalds more often than either of them.

Though if I could I would go to Shake Shack everyday.

going to chicago next month, dying to try shake shack :smh:

Back
Top Bottom