What's Your Favorite Whisky?

Question is in the title.

Looking to explore some different whisky's.

My go to is Jameson. Second favorite is Bushmills

As far as the high end stuff...my favorite is probably Macallan 18 year old.

My best friend bought me a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue for my 25th birthday. It was our Loch Ness Monster...we always knew about how people bragged about it and loved it. We had it for the first time before Vegas, and while he loved it...I didn't care for it. (*shields self*)

Tried it for the 2nd time after my gf ran the NYC marathon and again it reaffirmed my feelings that I'm just not fond of it. While it's smooth, i hate the taste and especially the after taste.

I've tried most of the popular stuff...Jack, Crown, Makers, JW red, black, gold.

So I'm looking for branch out. All recommendations welcome.

Alcoholics Unite.

Whiskey is very broad. It would be better to break this down to scotch, Irish whiskey, bourbon, etc.

I pretty much drink only single malt scotch now.

You looking for whiskey to drink at bars/lounges/clubs or to buy as a bottle to drink at home?

Also do you drink the whiskey straight up, neat, on the rocks, or mixed with something?

as the 2nd to last line reads...I'm ready to try all...just suggest stuff maybe short reasons why etc.

You looking for whiskey to drink at bars/lounges/clubs or to buy as a bottle to drink at home?

Also do you drink the whiskey straight up, neat, on the rocks, or mixed with something?

as to where to drink - both.

I like my whisky straight and on the rocks. I mix Jameo on occasion with gingerale or coke but 90% of the time its straight

Last edited:
Wild Turkey 101
Bulleit Bourbon and Bulleit Rye Whiskey
Chivas Regal 12, 18, or 21 yr
Jim Beam Black

Maker's is my go to drink... So tasty and easy to drink a lot...

Jamison is the first thing I ever got drunk off.... Not a huge fan of it, but it holds a place in my heart and I love drinking it...

Jim Rye is so damn good.... Rye is so different than any other whiskeys..

evan williams is currently in rotation right now.

Bulleit or Jack Daniels. Flame suit on. I rarely drink hard alcohol. Catch me in the beer thread.

Don't drink often but,

picture-kavalan4.png

Back
Top Bottom