What's Your Favorite Whisky?

Willett Family Estate 12 Year bourbon.  I've had pricier bourbons but this one is still my favorite.

I still love Jack Daniels and Booker's.

All neat.

I'm very fond of Southern Comfort 

"Although the original product contained whiskey, the current formula for Southern Comfort only contains whiskey-tasting flavoring rather than actual whiskey (except for the premium version called "Special Reserve")."

Just starting my single malt journey since i'm on a cut, but I mess with:

Glenmorangie
Glenlivet 12
Oban
Macallan

Joints put me night night smoothly.

I've been waiting for this thread. :pimp:.

OP, I feel the same way about Blue Label. It's a great whiskey, no doubt, but it's not the end all be all for me. As is the case for many romanticized products that people hype up. Definitely one of those bottles to have, but only break out on special occasion.

For regular drinking I like Jack Daniels or Makers Mark. The local "hood" liquor store often has sales on MM cause the demographic doesn't drink it a whole lot, so I can usually get a liter for $20 or so.

I also like a newer brand called 2Gingers. I've only seen it at the store recently and bought it, i was pleasantly surprised. :smokin

For Irish whiskey drinkers try tullemore dew. A big step up over jamison and not much more expensive. For scotch I love dewars white label...its cheaper than j walker and is much better that the red or black labels. Everyone I had try it agrees.

If you like smoky Scotch you should try single malts from Islay - Known for their smoky peat flavors

Laphroig - My favorite, very smoky, rich iodine aftertaste. Great peat flavor
Ardbeg - Ridiculously smoky, and iodine. Incredible flavor, but I need it on the rocks
Lagavulin - Smoky, but lighter than the others. Maybe a better entry to Islay malts. Delicious

I always have a case of Templeton Rye on-hand. That's my go-to, for a drink, to share, or to gift.
^Zephyr isn't playing around when he says Laphroaig. I keep hold of 18-year Laphroaig, as well.
If I'm looking for scotch, that is what I seek.
Other notables I enjoy are Knob Creek, Macallan and Cedar Ridge.

Last edited:
Whiskey: Jameson's on the rocks. NEVER mixed with anything.
Bourbon: Maker's Mark or JD Single Barrel in a good Old Fashioned or a Manhattan

That's it. No need to drink anything else when it comes to whisk(e)y.
Although if I ever get a chance to try Pappy Van Winkle, I'll jump at it..

-J-

I've talked to some folks who said Jameson 12 year is much better then the regular. Gonna try that soon

"Although the original product contained whiskey, the current formula for Southern Comfort only contains whiskey-tasting flavoring rather than actual whiskey (except for the premium version called "Special Reserve")."
Still good though. It's mellow. I like it. I'll make sure to look for special reserve thnx.

Been a long time henny drinker... drink crown and Jameson on occasion.. started messing with whisky... Like I said before, been drinking Pendleton lately... Just picked up this bottle of gibson's... Same price as henny, Def has some nice notes to it.. wife enjoys it also (straight).
View media item 651143

Last edited:
Always been a jameo guy but the last couple weeks been on a fireball kick..that's WILL knock u on ur *** next thing u know lol

Been a long time henny drinker... drink crown and Jameson on occasion.. started messing with whisky... Like I said before, been drinking Pendleton lately... Just picked up this bottle of gibson's... Same price as henny, Def has some nice notes to it.. wife enjoys it also (straight).
View media item 651143

Why the NT tag though? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

VVVNDS 1.5 litre

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom