When is it ok to chase a ring? or say you cant be the man to carry a team?

This is a spin off the would you join the Heat... people said that they are to competitive to take the easy way out...
so how long should a player be on a team or how many years in the league til we say " yeah go ahead and chase the ring"...

depends on the situation.

if the team you were loyal to and gave your all for didn't do the right thing and provide you with a decent supporting cast there's only so much you can do and so much losing you can put up with.

while i hope the heat fail miserably and never win a title with the group they have, i won't deny that what they did was one of the smartest moves ever.

i really dont mind players jumping ship to go after the ultimate goal... you talk about the heat, but couldnt you put melo, CP3 in the same category for what lebron did?

A ring is a ring. Don't care how you got it. Your team did something 29 other teams couldn't.

I'll actually be happy when Lebron gets one. He has taken a lot of flak. Some of it warranted but man, people analyze his EVERY move. He could miss some free throws in a regular season game and it's all over the news. He may pass up some shots or not come up big in the 4th and it's all over the place. I understood killing him in the playoffs but now it's just about EVERY game!

Kevin Garnett, MVP, ALL 1st team NBA, All Star MVP, multiple all star nods, got a moderately good team and failed
said i want a ring and went to Bos in the end of his prime

something along the lines of that

Whenever a player feels necessary. I like to think everybody likes to win but I also know that's not always the case.

I will never knock a player for wanting to better his situation.

The ultimate goal of course is to put yourself in the best position to win a chip. If that requires joining forces with other superior players then so beit. Long are the days where a player carried his team all by himself. It's seldom seen therefore completely understood as to why players would want to join together and form a "Super Team" in order to obtain a ring. Typically though, as history has shown, they're joining a team where its' star player has already won one as well.

In the end, I don't really care. As long as there is a team willing to pay you, play for that team.

I'm not even mad at Boston a few years ago, even though that was against my team. It's not like the team was Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Lebron, Wade, CP3, D12, and Melo.
laugh.gif
It was 3 stars surrounded by a decent roster. And apparently they were still beatable, because we did it a couple years later.

I got no problem with that. Got no problem with Malone on the Lakers, or Payton on the Lakers. Glad it finally worked out for Payton on the Heat.

Sure, I would have criticisms if something happened like maybe Nash being on the Heat a month from now, but even then, it's whatever.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by asianplayer

When you are on the downside of your career and you don't have a ring.

would you  play your heart out, year in and year out knowing you are not even gonna sniff the playoffs and not be frustrated?. i really feel bad for nash right now...

^ Why feel bad for him? Trust me, I completely understand being competitive, because I'm uner competitive (and I'm sure a lot of you are, too), but I'm not an uber competitive millionaire.

Nash is.

Zero sympathy for me. I'm not saying he gets no sympathy from me because he's a jerk; no, not saying that at all. I'm just saying that in the end, if I go lose every game I play at the park here in a little bit, I go home sore... the end. If the Suns lose every game they play for the next week, he goes home sore… and rich as hell.
laugh.gif

i have no problem saying the pressure is too much for you and you need help. i get that. i wouldn't necessarily do it, but i understand the mindframe. but just dont be mad or pissy later on when it affects your legacy. cant have it both ways.

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

Kevin Garnett, MVP, ALL 1st team NBA, All Star MVP, multiple all star nods, got a moderately good team and failed
said i want a ring and went to Bos in the end of his prime

something along the lines of that
Thread/.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Why feel bad for him? Trust me, I completely understand being competitive, because I'm uner competitive (and I'm sure a lot of you are, too), but I'm not an uber competitive millionaire.

Nash is.

Zero sympathy for me. I'm not saying he gets no sympathy from me because he's a jerk; no, not saying that at all. I'm just saying that in the end, if I go lose every game I play at the park here in a little bit, I go home sore... the end. If the Suns lose every game they play for the next week, he goes home sore… and rich as hell.
laugh.gif

But his wife got passed around like a newly rolled blunt...

YoungTriz:
^^^^
laugh.gif
that rich bastard nash... how dare him..
Huh? That made zero sense with what I said. Might make sense to a couple of assumptions you may have regarding what I said, but your response makes no sense to what I actually said.

.....oh boy, here we go again with these Fratboy bylaws about who one can and cant root for.

....childish.

....CHILDISH!
roll.gif

.....even worse are the ones that get visibly UPSET over someone going against these rules.

....grow up.

Back
Top Bottom