Where do you stand on ghost writing?

to be honest i think its trash. i can see someone who sings R&B,hooks,gospel anything because they have nice vocals. but rappers i don't get it. i feellike if you cant write your own stuff then its time to find a new profession. i don't listen to rappers because i like the sound of their voices. i listenbecause SOME of them can paint a picture and the lyrics you can relate too and some of the bars put stuff in words i never thought of. whats your opinion NT?

If the rapper is a bubblegum artist(Nelly, Drake,etc) I really don't care. But if I find out Nas, Big, Scarface, GFK, ir eminem has one i quit.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by gunnascott

If the rapper is a bubblegum artist(Nelly, Drake,etc) I really don't care. But if I find out Nas, Big, Scarface, GFK, ir eminem has one i quit.
ohwell.gif

word...people aint gonna like you calling drake bubblegum
laugh.gif
but he's basically type casted to go that route

You can get away with it in every genre but rap. Rap is the only one that really focuses on the words.

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You can get away with it in every genre but rap. Rap is the only one that really focuses on the words.

pretty much
yeah...

I think in R&B its whack too...most r&b artists get on for singing OTHER people's songs...I feel like its easier to find singers tha its easier tofind rappers that are good. EVERYONE sings...and they rarely get popular for UNIQUE songs...or discovered for that reason.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
Tell them to come see me...................Whats Up WHats Happanning
grin.gif

Yea rap music has evolved to where the lyrics are just as important as the hook and beat sometimes more. It's even more of a focus when the rapper displaysskill, emotion and are spitting personal shh.

For clowns I look down on them since they don't got creativity to write average rhymes. It's not like the shh Lil Bow Wow is spittin is nice.

I see it as something for nice Mcs to make extra $ but I do find it disgusting when you find out someone you thought was nice had a ghost writer, I view it inthe same area as biting. If I find out my fav artist had a ghost writer for most of his work I'm deleting their catalog.

When i found out Dre didnt write the song dedicated to his brother on 2001, and Puff on "ill be missing you" i was a lil upset. but then i take astep back and realize they are entertainers, if its entertaining ima like it.

Now if im havin a "HipHop" discussion then well thats a knock on that Artist. Snooop had help on his last album.

I don't rock wit it...
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif

Dese boy groups like day 26 ect...I don't listen 2 dey music

U gotta b creative son sit in tha lab fa hours & write i respect, datt

Don't rap wat somebody else wrote....
eyes.gif

If your trash anyway who cares I'm not listening to you even if a council of Nobel Laureates met and wrote your album for you.

Other than that hell no. Especially if you gonna front for years like you are nice and writing everything. Lyrics to me are profoundly important so havingsomeone else write them for you is like having someone else do most of your job for you. +!$% am I paying or giving you credit for if you can't even do amajor part of your profession ?

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
I co-sign with him saying Drake is bubblegum artist.
but there is no way, no way, Nas or B.I.G. had a ghost writer. i mean, the way they rap just makes it seem like they took a significant amount of time to writeit all down
nerd.gif

yea i feel if you have a ghost writer its almost a facade. i did this and that and now im gonna put it into words. but im gonna pay someone else to do it andI'll just dance around to it with my hype man

On an interesting idea it'd be something to see a rapper who we all perceive as nice that doesn't write his rhymes. I know most ghostwriters coach whothey write for but lets say there's a rapper who had impeccable flow, delivery, cadence, multi-syallable skills n all that, and for the sake of theargument enough swag but didn't right shh. Say like an Eminem
laugh.gif
orsomething along those lines.

That'd be quite the experiment.

Oh yea one of Hip Hop's most famous and successful songs Rapper's Delight wasn't even written by them dudes but MC Casanova. It says a lot abouthow far that type of rap can go. Not surprised that lames today do it, thing is the music is no where near the same

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

I don't rock wit it...
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif

Dese boy groups like day 26 ect...I don't listen 2 dey music

U gotta b creative son sit in tha lab fa hours & write i respect, datt

Don't rap wat somebody else wrote....
eyes.gif

R&B gets a pass. Even heavyweights don't write on everything. Different writers give u different perspectives and arrangements on the same damn topic.It keeps it fresh. Every thing balances out: everybody cant be an artist, everybody cant be a writer. You could be a ill writer, have nice music, thatdon't mean u gonna pop as an artist.

Even if it's not your track, there's still room for creativity: [your own] adlibs, runs, breakdown. You don't gotta straight karaoke a writer'sdemo
laugh.gif
. I respect good music period. I'm not gonna ignore somethingcuz they aint write it. That's crazy
laugh.gif

Some rappers just aren't all that creative. If you start off in a crew and one of you got the best flow, delivery, can ride the beat the best, but gotnothing to say, and your boy is nice with the pen but just sounds like trash your gonna get in where you fit in. For example Snoop, not saying he wasn'tnice with the pen but dudes flow is really what got him on it wasn't lyrics. There's a reason ghost writers make so much money off of hip-hop and musicin general it's not as easy as it seems to generate as much music as some of these artist do without running out of things to say. However unlike Snoop alot of artist don't have amazing flow and really don't bring anything to the game and are basically worthless other then the fact their image sells.That I can't respect you might as well be a actor or a model or something. I do appreciate ghost writing though because some people got a lot to say butare just unbearable to listen to. For example Cormega dude is a lyrical genius yet can't ride a beat if his life depended on it. Imagine how much beautifulmusic could be made if he just wrote for some one like AZ.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

for pop and r&b its cool... anything else nah...
Pretty much.

Those ppl sing, that's they're talent.

But a rapper who cant rap?

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

for pop and r&b its cool... anything else nah...
Pretty much.

Those ppl sing, that's they're talent.

But a rapper who cant rap?
I'm saying. I completely agree with both statements.
laugh.gif

In hip hop.. Unless you're Dr. Dre, you're a straight fraud.. Especially 88-89 L.L. Cool J whose stuff was ghostwrote by The LA Posse and Big DaddyKane. Do your homework..

Oh yeah.. I can't forget Ice Cube.. Amerikka's Most, and Death Certificate had the borrowed pens on Del the Funkee Homosapien and KAM respectively.

Back
Top Bottom