Where my CLASS OF 2009 folk at?! Where you been accepted? Where you going to college?

I'm going to Cal Poly SLO (Civil Engineering).
pimp.gif

I have to decide between Virginia Tech and George Washington Univeristy by the end of next week. I kind of want to go to GW with a student loan. I plan ongoing to dental school tho so I don't know if i wanna add up all these loans.

Any suggestions? smh yuku

Originally Posted by Shaky3

I have to decide between Virginia Tech and George Washington University. I kind of want to go to GW and get a student loan. Any suggestions?
One of my closest friends goes to GW, said he kinda regrets it since it's so expensive. What are you trying to major in?

^ I might major in math or business. Either way i want to become a dentist and all I need to complete are the pre-reqs and I can major in anything really.

The problem is that I really want to try and transfer to Cornell after my first year, no matter where I go, so I have to make a tough decision this week.

I have to decide between Virginia Tech and George Washington University. I kind of want to go to GW and get a student loan. Any suggestions?

Dont go to GW, its an overrated, overpriced university (ranked #1 as the most expensive in the country). Depending on your major if Virginia Tech has it andits cheaper then go there. 4 years at GW will put you in debt more than the avg student in medical school.

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Got accepted into Howard.. Waiting on a response from Albany
Unless you want the Ultimate HBCU experience than go to Albany. Howard is a good school but its a overly expensive school as well. Plus GA Aveis hood
grin.gif
. Really most DC schools in the hood, except Georgetown and GWand I think American.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Only applied to Western Washington University because both of my brothers go there and of course I want to go anyway. I got accepted in like January. Can't wait.
pimp.gif

And congrats on your acceptances.
Fail.

Applied to University of Washington and Washington State. Got into both.

I'm all about UW though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by the coolness

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Applied and accepted to University of Florida, University of Miami, Florida State, Florida Atlantic, and Florida International. Waiting on the results of a scholarship to UM, if I get it I'll be going there, if not, I want to go to UF but my parents are trying to keep me here and make me go to Florida International.

gator chomp your way to UF
smile.gif
I kno I am
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: and I wanna give a shout out to AJChick. She was a big help during a dark time
happy.gif
I remember talking to you a while back...congrats and welcome to the Gator Nation.
pimp.gif

Unless you want the Ultimate HBCU experience than go to Albany. Howard is a good school but its a overly expensive school as well. Plus GA Ave is hood
grin.gif
. Really most DC schools in the hood, except Georgetown and GW and I think American.
Im waiting for a response from the peeps over at Albany..But right now I dont plan on going to Howard unless I have no other options

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Dont go to GW, its an overrated, overpriced university (ranked #1 as the most expensive in the country). Depending on your major if Virginia Tech has it and its cheaper then go there. 4 years at GW will put you in debt more than the avg student in medical school.

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Got accepted into Howard.. Waiting on a response from Albany
Unless you want the Ultimate HBCU experience than go to Albany. Howard is a good school but its a overly expensive school as well. Plus GA Ave is hood
grin.gif
. Really most DC schools in the hood, except Georgetown and GW and I think American.

I was at Howard last friday to visit a fellow NTer and I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Not gonna sugar-coat it...it's goon-central. His dorm was in a pretty decent area. DC perpexes me, it's literally a few patches of decentareas surrounded by projects.

So far for med school

3 Acceptances
2 Waitlists
2 unheard from post interview
2 declined interviews

I'll have the answer for u by end of July....let's see if I can get off some waiting lists.

A couple of rejections, anticipating many more
laugh.gif
....got one today fromthe only cali school i applied to, meh....i don't have money to make that trip anyhow

Got into

Syracuse
Pitt
Loyola Maryland
Boston University
Hobart & William Smith

I'm really excited with my acceptances plus they all gave me extremely generous financial aid. It looks like I'm going to Hobart though. A smallerliberal arts school but it seems like they're really dedicated to the student and seemingly nice academics.

I've been here too long. Class of '09, but college. Graduating from UC Berkeley this May. Going to law school in the fall. Accepted to Columbia, NYU,and Berkeley Law so far. Still waiting for Harvard, Yale, and Stanford Law to get back to me. Any other NT'ers waiting on law school acceptances? Theconstant mailbox, phone, and e-mail checking is exhausting. Young people thinking about applying to law school, beware. It's a hell of a process. Planahead.

Originally Posted by Beats05

I've been here too long. Class of '09, but college. Graduating from UC Berkeley this May. Going to law school in the fall. Accepted to Columbia, NYU, and Berkeley Law so far. Still waiting for Harvard, Yale, and Stanford Law to get back to me. Any other NT'ers waiting on law school acceptances? The constant mailbox, phone, and e-mail checking is exhausting. Young people thinking about applying to law school, beware. It's a hell of a process. Plan ahead.
nerd.gif
What's good? we need to talk sometime. I'mdefinitely looking into law school.

being wait listed to 90% of the schools i applied for FTL. i'm praying to get into mainly the university at buffalo (pharmacy) or uconn (pharmacy) , but sofar only acceptances i got were Hunter (nursing) and St. Johns (PA).

Word up to all the people who were accepted. I'm class of 08' but I'll be going into Kent State University as a freshmen
pimp.gif
, anyone else goingthere?

Back
Top Bottom