Which NTer is this? NYC Man Earns $55,000 A Year Peddling Candy On Subway

In school I could make $50 in a day, albeit I stole half of my supply. If he's gettin cases on the cheap then $150 is a slow day. Think about it. Thousands of people. 1 in 20 could buy $1 worth and out of 3000 people that's $150. He should stock some 5 hour energy and maybe some ExtenZe.

^^^ 5hr energy and extenze = genius. quick come up if your willing to be that guy hustlin on a train.

As long as he's not buying shoes to flip props to him for that hustle. Peanut M&Ms
pimp.gif
I'd buy off him. Where does he keeps his inventory if he runs out assuming he sells out in one day? He has to buy the train tickets so that'll cut into his profits as well. How much are tickets/passes?

Originally Posted by thapointguy

As long as he's not buying shoes to flip props to him for that hustle. Peanut M&Ms
pimp.gif
I'd buy off him. Where does he keeps his inventory if he runs out assuming he sells out in one day? He has to buy the train tickets so that'll cut into his profits as well. How much are tickets/passes?
$2.25 for a single fare (there are also monthly passes, student passes, etc), you can take as many rides as you want as long you don't exit the subway system.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

pimp.gif

he probably hopping the turn-styles to decrease lost in profits monthly metro cards go for $100+.

I never buy from people like him.

You can make sum serious cash selling water though buy staten island ferry or high traffic area in the summer time.

Originally Posted by kdawg

^ you still have to pay on your profits too though. If that was true anyone who provides any goods wouldn't be paying more than sales tax. Unfortunately for most small businesses it doesn't work like that.

Yea uncle sam wants a cut of any profit made on his soil the US. I know the IRS can touch him, but other then this video hes not on anybodys radar. Hes pretty much a bum with a product. No store, not kiosk, no licence, no paperwork(Candy receipts lol) so he'd be hard to find, and who is interested in screwing over a small time candy pusher. MJ dealer, but he has legal candy. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
If he does make that 55k, he's making 10k more then an average american worker considering the candy expenses.
pimp.gif

If def copped from dude.

Can't remember which train...R or the 4,5 or 6?

I copped the fruit punch fruit snacks.

I was rockin' the Mars Blackmon IV's

dude must have great willpower not to dip into his supply.

I know if that were me a good amount of those peanut m&m would be gone...
30t6p3b.gif

If you buy in bulk (and I mean conservatively at a regular Sam's Club/Costco type store), M&M's individual packs are appox. $0.50, so he nets $0.50 a sale.
Based on a 365 day full schedule, to make $55k, working 8 hrs a day, he's essentially selling 35-40 candy packs per hour. Even taking into account that he takes off time for holidays and vacation time, still not bad.

Considering how many people are on a subway and if he gets a better deal somewhere else for his product, I figure that's more than do-able.

Never seen that dude in my life. I stay mostly 34th and down though. Only dudes I see with candy are the ones for basketball team

these dudes out there all day everyday....

I cop from them if im one the train which is like 1 a month ......

its a way to make a living.. cant knock the hustle

Excuse me ladies and gentlemen.....I'm not trying to sell candy for a basketball team, I'm just trying to keep some money in my pocket and stay out of trouble lol

Flippin candy for Foamz. Man, I remember kids in high school used to do this and they'd make at least $30 a day.

150 units a day is definitely feasible. Son is sellin candy not cufflinks. If you're in a crowded area and people see candy, they're going to want candy. Hell, I went and bought some peanut m&ms myself after watching the vid.
Sons presentation is mad wack tho, but hey, it works. I guess if it looked too polished it might raise too many eyebrows.

Don't believe it.

He still has to buy the candy and make consistent high sales every single day.

I doubt he makes 1/3 of that, but I give him props since it's better than doing nothing

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

If you buy in bulk (and I mean conservatively at a regular Sam's Club/Costco type store), M&M's individual packs are appox. $0.50, so he nets $0.50 a sale.
Based on a 365 day full schedule, to make $55k, working 8 hrs a day, he's essentially selling 35-40 candy packs per hour. Even taking into account that he takes off time for holidays and vacation time, still not bad.

Considering how many people are on a subway and if he gets a better deal somewhere else for his product, I figure that's more than do-able.

35-40 an hour... You are out of your damn mind if you think that's doable. And that is a conservative estimate IMO.

Back
Top Bottom