Which Region in America has the most longsuffering fans?

I was reading the "What determines a fan" thread, and it got me thinking about fans that suffer the most. Fans of turrible teams, come share your stories. Ill share mine.

For me, 2002 was possibly THE WORST year of sports in my life. I was born in SF and raised in Sacramento, so I'm a fan of the local NorCal teams (Kings, Giants, 49ers). The Kings had an opportunity of a lifetime to win a title that year, but choked it away in game 7. I'm not even going to get into the rest of that damn series. The Giants effed off their championship in game 7 against the Angels, and the 49ers got ROCKED by the eventual SB champs.

Since then, the Kings have never been the same, and the 49ers just made their comeback. I will admit the Giants did get their ring in 2010, but that's one championship in 18 years between 7 teams in one area
30t6p3b.gif

What you guys got
nerd.gif

You can make a strong argument for the Pacific Northwest. Seattle specifically. No Championships to speak of in Seattle except for the now defunct Sonics.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Cleveland?

Zero 'chips in any sport.

Seattle does have it pretty bad, though.
Ever heard of the Cleveland Indians?

Cleveland isn't a region though. The Midwest has been successful. All you have in the PNW is Seattle and Portland.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Cleveland isn't a region though. The Midwest has been successful. All you have in the PNW is Seattle and Portland.
/Thread.

Prolly the Northwest. But as for cities its def Cleveland (Lebron winning that ring made it even worse) & unfornately Philly smh (even tho our last championship in a major sport was in 08)

^ No way. Chicago = Bulls = out of the discussion
laugh.gif

When I read the title, I thought of Cleveland.

But as far as a region, it's definitely the northwest. What was the last championship in any sport in that area? Seattle Storm in '04 & '10?

Exactly.
laugh.gif

If you aren't a Ravens fan the DMV has suffered a lot. The Orioles and Nationals have been horrible until this year. The Wizards are garbage, the Capitals choke year after year, and the ********...don't get me started.

Toronto

last time anyone won anything was back to back world series 92-93

Actually Canada as a whole

Grizzlies - gone
Canucks

Flames 89
Oilers 90

Winnipeg Jets - just came back (Phoenix Coyotes/Atlanta Thrashers)

Leafs - 67
Raptors
Blue Jays - 92-93

Senators

Expos
Canadians

Nodiques - gone (Colorado Avalanche)

Northeast Ohio. By far.
Cleveland-Akron-Ohio-Water-Quality.png

Were a region that hasn't won a championship since 1964. That's almost 50 years. Generations have came and gone, not witnessing a championship in their life. People 50, 60 years old still waiting for a title. Man, that's gotta hurt lol. How could you still cheer if you're someone like that? That's why this city has true fans. Not to mention situations in sports that affected to us en route to not winning anything. The Drive, fumble, the shot, Jose Mesa, getting robbed for our football team, getting our team back, getting Lebron the way we did, and than losing him to the Decision. And we're still here.

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

If you look at every other city in the US, they can claim some type of championship within at least 20 years. NY, LA, CHI, BOSTON, PHI, NJ, PHI, ATL, MIA, DAL, HOU, PIT, SF, OAK CIN, MIN, TOR, etc.

Those teams can claim a championship in one of their last 25 years. Us? We've doubled that. This city needs a championship more than anything. That's why I respect us Cleveland fans. It's inevitable though, we'll get one eventually - and +#@! is going to be swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeter than old Sadie 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

You guys have no idea what it's like to be a Cleveland fan. Period

Seattle does 
tired.gif
As for region its the Northwest.

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

Whatever region you consider Minnesota. Being a Vikings fan is tough.

I feel you're pain man.

I still do this when I think back to that Vikings/Saints OT NFC title game...
Brett and that damn cross body throw interception.

1899644_o.gif

The 98' 15-1 season.... perfect all year, missed the damn game winning FG..

1899644_o.gif

The 2001 season .. lose 41-0 to Giants in NFC title game...

1899644_o.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Northeast Ohio. By far.
Cleveland-Akron-Ohio-Water-Quality.png

Were a region that hasn't won a championship since 1964. That's almost 50 years. Generations have came and gone, not witnessing a championship in their life. People 50, 60 years old still waiting for a title. Man, that's gotta hurt lol. How could you still cheer if you're someone like that? That's why this city has true fans. Not to mention situations in sports that affected to us en route to not winning anything. The Drive, fumble, the shot, Jose Mesa, getting robbed for our football team, getting our team back, getting Lebron the way we did, and than losing him to the Decision. And we're still here.

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

If you look at every other city in the US, they can claim some type of championship within at least 20 years. NY, LA, CHI, BOSTON, PHI, NJ, PHI, ATL, MIA, DAL, HOU, PIT, SF, OAK CIN, MIN, TOR, etc.

Those teams can claim a championship in one of their last 25 years. Us? We've doubled that. This city needs a championship more than anything. That's why I respect us Cleveland fans. It's inevitable though, we'll get one eventually - and +#@! is going to be swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeter than old Sadie 
pimp.gif

<Well, damb.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Cleveland?

Zero 'chips in any sport.

Seattle does have it pretty bad, though.
Ever heard of the Cleveland Indians?
This, and the Browns have 8 championships.  4 before the NFL, and 4 more before the merger

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

But as far as a region, it's definitely the northwest. What was the last championship in any sport in that area? Seattle Storm in '04 & '10?

Exactly.
laugh.gif
Easy now! 
ohwell.gif

At least some of the cities mentioned still have an NBA team. 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom