Which Region in America has the most longsuffering fans?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

But as far as a region, it's definitely the northwest. What was the last championship in any sport in that area? Seattle Storm in '04 & '10?

Exactly.
laugh.gif
Easy now! 
ohwell.gif

At least some of the cities mentioned still have an NBA team. 
tired.gif

Parkview Little league LLWS champions 2009
San Diego Soccers (Indoor Soccer) were like 10 time champions
San Diego Gulls (minor league hockey) i think won a seasons best record or something

SD is sorry

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

Whatever region you consider Minnesota. Being a Vikings fan is tough.

I feel you're pain man.

I still do this when I think back to that Vikings/Saints OT NFC title game...
Brett and that damn cross body throw interception.

1899644_o.gif

The 98' 15-1 season.... perfect all year, missed the damn game winning FG..

1899644_o.gif

The 2001 season .. lose 41-0 to Giants in NFC title game...

1899644_o.gif

Now Christian Ponder as our QB of the future

1899644_o.gif

I read "Which Region in America has the most longsuffering" and immediately thought Cleveland. I'll stick with Cleveland

Insert typical "living where I do sucks, we haven't won at anything in god knows how many years. I'm such a great fan for putting up with this, *pats myself on the back and hopes others give me e-props*" comment here.

*insert "My team just won a championship so I don't see what the big deal is" fans here*

laugh.gif

If it wasn't for KU basketball (or the '08 Orange Bowl KU football team) the KC area would be hurting...we only have two pro teams (out of the four major sports) but the Royals SUCK and the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since '93. And not to mention I'm also a Suns fan...man smh. Thank God for KU basketball.
laugh.gif

I know there are other cities that have it worse...but for being the capital of the world essentially, D.C. has been in struggle mode for far too long all across the board. 

Capitals
Bullets/Wizards
Orioles

Things might finally be changing around as the District has some talented young players, hopefully championships follow. 

being a laker fan is tough.

havent had a championship in a bout two whole years

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Northeast Ohio. By far.
Cleveland-Akron-Ohio-Water-Quality.png

Were a region that hasn't won a championship since 1964. That's almost 50 years. Generations have came and gone, not witnessing a championship in their life. People 50, 60 years old still waiting for a title. Man, that's gotta hurt lol. How could you still cheer if you're someone like that? That's why this city has true fans. Not to mention situations in sports that affected to us en route to not winning anything. The Drive, fumble, the shot, Jose Mesa, getting robbed for our football team, getting our team back, getting Lebron the way we did, and than losing him to the Decision. And we're still here.

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

If you look at every other city in the US, they can claim some type of championship within at least 20 years. NY, LA, CHI, BOSTON, PHI, NJ, PHI, ATL, MIA, DAL, HOU, PIT, SF, OAK CIN, MIN, TOR, etc.

Those teams can claim a championship in one of their last 25 years. Us? We've doubled that. This city needs a championship more than anything. That's why I respect us Cleveland fans. It's inevitable though, we'll get one eventually - and +#@! is going to be swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeter than old Sadie 
pimp.gif

< Well, damb.

That was sad as hell
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I feel you're pain man.

1899644_o.gif

1899644_o.gif

1899644_o.gif

1899644_o.gif
Atleast you dont have Alex Smith

1899644_o.gif

Longsuffering is not a word. I didn't come in here at first cuz I thought it said longsurfering which I thought was some surfer thing.

Chicago Cubs, NY Mets, NY Jets (sorta since they haven't won it all but suffering comes from being really good but not good enough), KNICKS.

I feel you're pain man.

1899644_o.gif

1899644_o.gif

1899644_o.gif

1899644_o.gif

The feel, I know it. 
frown.gif

I'm still optimistic for Ponder though.. not a lot.. but whatever, can't really do much but hope for the best.  I think the kid will be alright.. he showed some flashes of decency last season.

laugh.gif
Vikings. Our generation has all these heartbreaking NFC Championship losses, while our Dad's had to go through 4 Super Bowl losses. A curse that passes down from generation to generation.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom