Which were your first pair of Js?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 years old 3rd grade photo taken in 1990.

My first ever jays fire red 5.

225649_2090187868657_777350_n.jpg[img]

Last edited:
Parents wouldnt buy me any Jordans so my first pair were the black leather 17s that came in the case, i was 17 then. felt better that i got em with my own money i earned workin at a grocery store.

1988 white red and black(aka Mars) O.G. IV's. I was in middle school. $110 was alot for some shoes back then.

I remember my first pair clearly. My uncle was a true Jordan fan back in the 80's in Cleveland, OH. He had the MJ posters on the walls and all the shoes. I was in the 4th grade and I got the white or black IV's, I don't remember which pair I had first. I also recall some of the older kids at school saying random things when I wore them to school. Never any hate, but you guys know how school was.

Damn, things are so different now. I'm certain I would NOT let my son be out and about with these shoes. It's cool for us to go out now with our kicks on and turn heads, but when he gets older I can't imagine letting him out of my sight with them. He'll never have the life I had, and i hope to make sure of that. I grew up in the hood and I learned how to take care of myself from my family and community. I can teach him street smarts but living it and hearing about it is completely different. What's even more crazy, those years in the hood were some of the best times of my life. An education will show you new levels to achieve and I haven't looked back since.

Side note, the breds saved my foot from a rusty nail out of the court. I was running off the court through a rough area when a nail got stuck in the sole. The bubble support stopped the nail from going any deeper into the shoe.

Damn, long *** post.

the maroon 6s!didnt kno wat i had on my feet til my homeboy schooled me on jordans and the shoe game and i been an addict ever since!

First pair of crack I had was the 1992 Raptor VII..... like a dumbass i left them at the local swimming pool and got got but **** i wasnt even 10 yrs old... September first will feel great

Never had J's when I was growing up (I do remember a family friend's parents complaining that their kids want/got $100+ shoes).

My first pair of Jordan Brand kicks (had Team Jordans before) were the Cool Grey 9's in high school.

Jordan 7 "Raptors" or charcoal or whatever you prefer to call them. Got em from my cousin in 8th grade and ever since then i was hooked. Cant wait for the september 1 release!

Pairs of OG 6s in 1st grade. Didn't even like MJ or basketball yet, and I didn't know I was rocking heat (grew up in St. Lucia).

Saw a pic of me from back then a couple years ago in an old family album. My reaction was :wow: :lol: :smokin 8)

Last edited:
my first pair were the the 11 retro in 5th grade, bought my i own first pair in 04 flint 13 which i still have, just gotta paint the pods.

Jumpman Team Flows... I remember seeing J Kidd, Kerry Kittles, & Reggie Miller rockin them so I wanted them pretty bad. :lol:

First numbered pair was the XIX SE's

I was going on vacation to London. Then went and bought the Olympic 7's like two weeks later in London and it begun. :lol: I remember they had a whole stock of them Olympics. People didn't give two ****s about Jordan's out there then.

Were suppose to be these but had a sleezy friend back then who held out on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom