Who can say N...the "N" word? vol. all you closet racist NTers contribute to the convo

I feel some type of way when I hear non blacks say it. When Khaled said it that first time on "I'm so Hood remix" I was like who co-signed this bruh?

Grew up with blacks and black families all my life. Hell a lot of my best friends and closest acquaintances are all black so I was called that a lot growing up. I never chose to say it since I always cringed at the word no matter who said it.

As I grew up it just felt even more awkward and cringe worthy when I heard kids say it (black and non black).

-Drew

all it is is we cant have nothing

the cream always rise to the top

I never understood the argument of "blacks shouldn't use it if they don't want others to use it"

If you're not black, why would you want to say it?

From my perspective I never wanted to say it. I didn't wake up every morning thinking to myself "you got a pass, say n as much as you can"

My biggest peeve is wshh fights and non blacks always hitting everyone they punch with "ugnnnn n"

Last edited:
I'm Dominican raised in NYC around Dominicans and blacks alike (although Dominicans are black ) and grew up saying it. Blacks friends let me rock but in college I spoke to this woke black homie and he put me on game on how not all black people rock with it. So I chilled. Try to never say it.

I put it like this, it's culturally ambiguous therefore you should be careful who you says it around. Be mindful, always.

Repped

This has always been bizarre to me. Whether a word that was meant to divide races is adorned/hated is determined by the race of who uses it... Thus continuing to divide races. [emoji]129300[/emoji] that's some inception type irony.

Last edited:
If you put it in context in your mind that it was created as a tongue in cheek bonding phrase between people at a time they were treated less than subhuman, beaten, no rights, underfed, raped etc etc all while using this word, but they used it like they used negro spirituals, as coping and bonding. Understanding that, why would you ever want to dictate to that group how and when it should be used and by who? What great need do you have to say it if you're not of the culture? Even if you grew up in an area with it and have the all day pass, even if I don't have an issue with it, if someone checks you respect the roots and let it go.

This has always been bizarre to me. Whether a word that was meant to divide races is adorned/hated is determined by the race of who uses it... Thus continuing to divide races. [emoji]129300[/emoji] that's some inception type irony.

You can't be serious

It's a racist term no matter how you use it. The word is pushed so heavily in society that no one gives a damb.

David banner made a good point. Black people were treated as inferiors for CENTURIES. Slave owners constantly reminded them,
1)you ain't s***
2)I've got more money than you
3)if you try to jump stupid, I won't hesitate to kill you and your family
4)I'll eff your woman if I want to
5)you're a Nword

And most gangster rap is centered around the exact same points (with the addition of selling crack, which was planted in the black community by Republicans in the 70's)
His point was that after hearing that message for so long, we're accustomed to hearing it, it's indirectly a part of our psyche.

I don't understand for the life of me why these rappers that spew this nonsense are treated with such honor and reverence. All I can think of is, if you're encouraging the destruction of the black community, you'll get rewarded.

Last edited:
If you put it in context in your mind that it was created as a tongue in cheek bonding phrase between people at a time they were treated less than subhuman, beaten, no rights, underfed, raped etc etc all while using this word, but they used it like they used negro spirituals, as coping and bonding. Understanding that, why would you ever want to dictate to that group how and when it should be used and by who? What great need do you have to say it if you're not of the culture? Even if you grew up in an area with it and have the all day pass, even if I don't have an issue with it, if someone checks you respect the roots and let it go.

All of this.

To be 100% transparent...I only said it in my cirlce(s).

I have a very tight knit circle I call brothers, all of whom are black except for me and my other homie. All grew up on the same block since kids. Our dynamic is night and day. All the black guys married Spanish and us 2 Mexicans married black.

I was in all black car club. First non black to ever be initiated. I would use it when used on me...i.e, "what's up my n" then I'd reply "what's good my n"

I wasn't out in public throwing the word around loosely.

Even today...my outtings on my wife side are all black and I'm the sore thumb. I'm a "n" to them all day but I don't use it cause though we're cool and they've said I can use it...they're not my immediate circle.

I totally feel where you're coming from though.

You can't be serious

It's not dividing the races the same way obviously. Blacks were called it against their their will, now blacks are fighting to be the only race that's 'allowed' to say it.

All of this.

To be 100% transparent...I only said it in my cirlce(s).

I have a very tight knit circle I call brothers, all of whom are black except for me and my other homie. All grew up on the same block since kids. Our dynamic is night and day. All the black guys married Spanish and us 2 Mexicans married black.

I was in all black car club. First non black to ever be initiated. I would use it when used on me...i.e, "what's up my n" then I'd reply "what's good my n"

I wasn't out in public throwing the word around loosely.

Even today...my outtings on my wife side are all black and I'm the sore thumb. I'm a "n" to them all day but I don't use it cause though we're cool and they've said I can use it...they're not my immediate circle.

I totally feel where you're coming from though.

I'm curious if you code-switch depending on who you're around? Your boys tolerate it, cool....but u drop that same word around randoms? Someone might put u in check. And if that's the case of picking/choosing when/where to say it, maybe you shouldn't.

Last edited:
It's not dividing the races the same way obviously. Blacks were called it against their their will, now blacks are fighting to be the only race that's 'allowed' to say it.

Why wouldn't they?

Why should other races be allowed to say it?

It's like not being offended if everyone called each other wet backs

I'm curious if you code-switch depending on who you're around? Your boys tolerate it, cool....but u drop that same word around randoms? Someone might put u in check. And if that's the case of picking/choosing when/where to say it, maybe you shouldn't.

Situational awareness. I'm always aware of my surroundings.

I never said it habitually. Just in greeting. I struggled with "you're trying to be black" from Mexicans so I never wanted to give them any more reason to think that I was trying to be black when I was just being who I am.

Amongst friends and family who are black, the word means a great deal to me. It bonds me to them; we have a shared background and the acknowledgement that we go through the same things everyday. The same thing our ancestors went through, and more than likely, the same things future generations will unfortunately go through . . .and full disclosure, my mom is white/puerto rican and my dad is black.

With all of that being said, the current social climate and the amount of cultural appropriation and disregard for black bodies by the majority, while propping up things we create and our cultural contributions, sickens me. And if our use of the N word somehow gives the majority a malicious sign of approval for their use of the word, I'm more than willing to stop using it in a heartbeat. 

I'm 3/4 Puerto Rican/1/3 Black. I used to use it heavy in college, stopped for a time around college, now I use it sparingly.

Amongst friends and family who are black, the word means a great deal to me. It bonds me to them; we have a shared background and the acknowledgement that we go through the same things everyday. The same thing our ancestors went through, and more than likely, the same things future generations will unfortunately go through . . .and full disclosure, my mom is white/puerto rican and my dad is black.

With all of that being said, the current social climate and the amount of cultural appropriation and disregard for black bodies by the majority, while propping up things we create and our cultural contributions, sickens me. And if our use of the N word somehow gives the majority a malicious sign of approval for their use of the word, I'm more than willing to stop using it in a heartbeat. 

Well said.

A lot of coworkers took offense at me not celebrating cinco de mayo because all it is to me is a cultural appropriation that's not celebrated by Mexicans other than those in Puebla.

It's just a day created to perpetuate acholism in our communities

If you're not black, why would you want to say it?
Because everyone else is going to follow whatever black people do. Black culture has been the standard of "cool" (for lack of a better term) for generations now.

If all the rappers and entertainers started calling themselves squirrels tomorrow....the rest of the world would follow suit. 

If a rascist White person wont jump to calling you a ****-er, you shouldn't be using any form of the word. Miss me with that "I grew up around Blacks in the hood" excuse. You're not going to be treated like them when you leave that hood.

If a rascist White person wont jump to calling you a ****-er, you shouldn't be using any form of the word. Miss me with that "I grew up around Blacks in the hood" excuse. You're not going to be treated like them when you leave that hood.

My son and wife are black so im gonna feel the treatment till I die.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom