Who can say N...the "N" word? vol. all you closet racist NTers contribute to the convo

I swear like 99.99% of filipinos in the city of socal say it.

And they don't like the indigenous people of their homeland. They're too dark and live on their own.

Same with Mexico, central and South American countries...the darker skin, the less respected you are

If a rascist White person wont jump to calling you a ****-er, you shouldn't be using any form of the word. Miss me with that "I grew up around Blacks in the hood" excuse. You're not going to be treated like them when you leave that hood.

You right... I get treated like a middle eastern and muslim man, which isnt any better...

If a rascist White person wont jump to calling you a ****-er, you shouldn't be using any form of the word. Miss me with that "I grew up around Blacks in the hood" excuse. You're not going to be treated like them when you leave that hood.

My son and wife are black so im gonna feel the treatment till I die.
So you're not Black is what you're saying? Cool, dont use it.

You right... I get treated like a middle eastern and muslim man, which isnt any better...
Correct. Now use a derogatory word for that and convert it to a term of endearment for you and people like you.

I'm curious if you code-switch depending on who you're around? Your boys tolerate it, cool....but u drop that same word around randoms? Someone might put u in check. And if that's the case of picking/choosing when/where to say it, maybe you shouldn't.

Situational awareness. I'm always aware of my surroundings.

I never said it habitually. Just in greeting. I struggled with "you're trying to be black" from Mexicans so I never wanted to give them any more reason to think that I was trying to be black when I was just being who I am.

Black person to black person, someone might not bat an eye....but you doing it outside of your social circle (where you said it's accepted,) could be a problem. That's why you said situational awareness. I think deep down you know it's not right that you're saying it. It's really easy NOT to do so.

I have roots in Syria and Lebanon thru great great grandparents but can't say I have middle eastern/Muslim friends but I gotta admit it bothers me how you're treated.

In the same breath, a lot of middle easterners and euro (Armenians) in Los Angeles love to throw the word around.

Black person to black person, someone might not bat an eye....but you doing it outside of your social circle (where you said it's accepted,) could be a problem. That's why you said situational awareness. I think deep down you know it's not right that you're saying it. It's really easy NOT to do so.

Totally agree with you. I don't use it as part of my vernacular since I was like 25

around you or in general?

Well said.

A lot of coworkers took offense at me not celebrating cinco de mayo because all it is to me is a cultural appropriation that's not celebrated by Mexicans other than those in Puebla.

It's just a day created to perpetuate acholism in our communities
Man, you ain't never lied. The majority loves Mexican food and culture, but scream from the rooftops about "bad hombres," and immigrants ruining the country. I live in a predominantly hispanic community in Chicago, and nobody gives a damn about Cinco De Mayo 'rounf here . . .but the majority came down here and ACTED up on Friday. It hurt my heart a bit, but it brought money to the community, so I tried to see the silver lining. 

Amongst friends and family who are black, the word means a great deal to me. It bonds me to them; we have a shared background and the acknowledgement that we go through the same things everyday. The same thing our ancestors went through, and more than likely, the same things future generations will unfortunately go through . . .and full disclosure, my mom is white/puerto rican and my dad is black.

Using a racial slur with your darker friends/family created a "bond"?

" Same thing our ancestors went through"...Oh so you were owned by another person?

No offense but that sounds dumb as hell and the way you making it sound like black folks are a monolith lets me know you're confused.

Last edited:
I have roots in Syria and Lebanon thru great great grandparents but can't say I have middle eastern/Muslim friends but I gotta admit it bothers me how you're treated.

In the same breath, a lot of middle easterners and euro (Armenians) in Los Angeles love to throw the word around.

Ya like i said im not out here throwing it around every other word. I say it with my people i grew up with cuz thats how we spoke to each other growing up as kids.

Ya like i said im not out here throwing it around every other word. I say it with my people i grew up with cuz thats how we spoke to each other growing up as kids.

We in the same boat.

I can only speak for myself based on my experience.

I love and respect black culture.

I didn't marry or hang around blacks to be "cool" they was the only ones to embrace me. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Using a racial slur with your darker friends/family created a "bond"?

" Same thing our ancestors went through"...Oh so you were owned by another person?

No offense but that sounds dumb as hell and the way you making it sound like black folks are a monolith lets me know you're confused.
"Darker" . . . Did I say that? You're making assumptions, so miss me with that particular portion. And we're still subjected to discrimination and are marginalized by the majority, or does that not comport with you? Additionally, did you not read the second paragraph? Or did you just take small excerpts from my post to fit your assumptions and poorly conceived argument trying to invalidate my opinion?

Totally agree with you. I don't use it as part of my vernacular since I was like 25

around you or in general?
In general

Was at an Ab-Soul show the other night in Philly. He blatantly gave everyone a pass to say it. It was so cringe. I just think its harmful when it's blindly and ignorantly acceptable when people of other races use it.Too much to even write at the moment. Such a complex thing.

Was at an Ab-Soul show the other night in Philly. He blatantly gave everyone a pass to say it. It was so cringe. I just think its harmful when it's blindly and ignorantly acceptable when people of other races use it.Too much to even write at the moment. Such a complex thing.

It's so complex.

My kids use music as the permission to use the word openly at school around black staff and it's alarming.

I wasn't comfortable using it till I was in my 20s.

Kids are using it in elementary

Back
Top Bottom