Who else will admit to buying a pair out of hype??

Only so far two pairs and most of you will laught at me
frown.gif

But raging bull pack love the hell out of that pack but bought on release and later dam things were at 160 at my local warehouse shoe sale

And also dmp1 love them but also rushed and later found them for 125 smh again

Lastly boards rushed in and bought a size 9 on Ndc and could of just walked into my local ftl.....but I don't buy much into the hype itself but the fear the hype creates of me not getting a pair :/ owell love all my shoes and have yet to sale more then 3 pairs of my whole collection at the pout where I'm buying and will and won't sale anymore

banned 1's.....I really wanted to see what the leather was all hyped up for...was expecting some bin23 type stuff.lol....i was disappointed.

After the southbeach maddness I bought the china lebrons on release day, thinking there would be hype over the dragon/non dragon version, and i didn't want to get left in the dust.

two pair of south beaches, countless pair of 09' space jams, it happens to the best of us.....see you guys at the concord release

you might dislike a shoe,but sometimes as a collector you just have to have it.
pimp.gif

Other then that,i love all my shoes
laugh.gif

Not out of hype but I do have pairs that I liked when I bought them and now I look at them and dont care for them. Pacific VIIs, Fire Red IIIs, Olive Vs(because one shoe is darker than the other now).

Probably black varsity VI's. Wasn't too sure the pack was coming out. Figured I would regret not getting them, since they're one of my top three favorite Jordan's. Didn't really regret it, since the pack had the same ashy black suede. I like them when I see other people wearing them, but not really when I wear them.

Also the Entourages, because I slept on the South Beaches.

Most of the time I pretty much buy what I like and I'm going to wear though.

I think my problem was I was too obsessed and bought certain retros just to buy them (citrus VII, all white low XIII, 3 pairs of XIX SE, white/green IV, Ceramic VII. I dunno, I bought the Mello 1.5 and that was my biggest regret ever for a sho i purchased, I dont know if it was the hype or that I actualy thought I liked it.

the hype is what was cool at my worst time; NT (no blame here) just helped my addiction to keep on buying...Everything!

i let the spacejams hype me back into collecting shoes. last shoe i had that i prized before that was the og XIV bred. SJs to me arent even comfortable .

Black/cements 3 and Concords of this year brought me back into collecting after a 3 year hiatus. Was doing so good save my money. But Concords and Black Cements are my favorites of all time.

I dont really fall into hype but like many others have stated I guess so in a way cuz Ill get Retros on RD for retail in fear that I wont be able to later on for a disco due to lacc of inventory....

latest example the 2011 True Blue 3s.. got the Cements, love the box/presentation etc. so the TBs were a no-brainer. June rolls up and money is just a little funny plus I've got 09s Int'l Release (which I got on a trade DS for DS Anni 11s, I win IMO) so I figure the kids 8nt really beastin on this OG colorway I'll get em in a week or two....

here we are damn near to August and the 2011 True Blues have eluded me to this point.... small chance I'll cop this weekend on the 50 EA, if not I have other ways but I'll get them for retail, or less, very very soon.... hype is a triccy thing its very low-key but hits with force of sledgehammer cuz!!!!

If I had to put my finger on a hyped-out purchase for me it would be YOTR 7; NEVER really liked them, only scooped cuz they were avail at retail and I hoped to use them for some righteous trades but now will probably just sell them and buy some pairs I really want from Nike Retro....

I did, but not with Jordans but with the Nike SHox BB4.
I wanted the very first model of the new cushioning system.
But i must say i rarely wear them.

I can honestly say I've never done that. Every pair of shoes I buy I wear so I don't buy shoes that I don't like and won't wear

Bordeaux...my friend hyped me up into getting those lol but I like them, will probably wear them more in the winter months.

i did, but then i regret not regretting it... or something like that. before, i thought foams were UGLY. then everyone was getting into foams so i copped a couple pairs. then i sold them but after a while i realised how nice they could actually look, depending on how you wear it of course.. well in my opinion.

the true blues 3....i like them but i could have lived without them...no biggie if i didnt get them but i did.....2 days before release date to

So much hype around those foams, i went to the mall days after release and they had a pair in a size 13 figure why not jump on em and make some money for a future shoe i want

Back
Top Bottom