Who else will admit to buying a pair out of hype??

I did but not for air jordans. I did bought the
air hyperflights and shox bb4 because of the hype.
I like them but dont love.

I must admit -because of the limitedness-yes I have--the Laser 5s-I think they are dope but I bought them simply because of they actually had them in stock and it was later in the day when I thought they were gone and I got excited---The XIII Black Maize Lows-I was caught in that XIII hype ,shoot even the Altitudes aren't my type of hype(no pun intended) but I was there camped out. I honestly had a bunch-thats prolly why I sold a lot of them so easily-I do want to get to where I absolutely LOVE my entire collection.

I like the Melo M7 advance but not enough to buy it per say. but then when i heard there were limited and only 800 pairs i had to have them

the laker 6's i bought.

I am very happy with all of the other jordan releases I own (anniv/white cement/true blue 3, playoff 13, taxi 12 low, CG 11). No regrets there.

I only wish I had known that the red griffeys ran a half size small because I LOVE those. If I get some extra money I may try to find an extra 11.5..

Anything.that gets hype I am not really able to.buy. I don't like paying over retail for shoes and can't rationalize paying for 2 or 3 pairs and only gettig one lol. I live in a super small town about 5 hours from anyplace that gets more than general releases but try to get stuff.I want when it comes out, usually have no luck copping from Eastbay.or NDC so its like whatever.

The anniversary 11s were a regret after day 2. I wore them a couple of times and kept trying to convince myself that I like them..........I don't seem to be very convincing.

hype can definitely make a shoe more appealing than it really is. i remember buying the stupid green bean 5's just because i was too poor to afford the 3M dunk sb's and these were hyped. overall a terrible shoe and got rid of them quick.

Cool Grey IIIs.... should have traded them for the 1st Amares like I was going to when they came out. Could have had the Stat 1s 2 months early....smh

nah i buy wat i like
pimp.gif

I bought the TBs out of hype. They're my first Js actually. Doubled up because I ended up liking em that much.

The only shoe(s) I felt that I bought out of hype were the CDP 6/17 package. Hahaha I thought I was the only one that felt like that. I really only collect jordans 1-6 and the 12's. Out of all the shoes in my collection these were the only ones that didn't look that good after I tried them on. After trying them on I kept them in my closet for 3 years and finally sold them to someone who really loved the shoe.

Visiting this site doesn't help
tongue.gif
With 300+pages for topics with some shoe releases, you cant help but get caught up in the hype !Due to all the hype from this site, I had to try on the CG XI, but I ended up passing, as I just didn't love the colourway enough to pay $260 retail for them *shrugs*I only have about 30 pairs in my collection, but it's Jordan's that I have loved since seeing MJ play in them many years ago
smile.gif
===I'm suprised so many people have mentioned the Carmines VI ! It was a cleaver ploy by JB to release them in a pack, so you were forced to buy the XVII with them in an uninspiring CW.

the ice blue 10's. i actually waited in line for these...
tired.gif

i thought these were a pretty good colorway, but the quality was downright horrible. the shoe itself was one i never really wanted to keep if i were to choose only a handful of pairs. its still in my closet nonetheless and i might actually consider selling it.

Space Jams. While I liked the XIs from the get go, I hadn't come around to buying a pair ever until these dropped again in 2009. I picked them up and wore them maybe 4 times. There was just something odd about wearing them out in public that I didn't like, it didn't feel like it fit my personality. So I traded them last week with cash for a pair of Tiffany Dunks. Since a good chunk of my footwear choices are either dunks or AM I feel like I'm going to get way more use and value out of those than I did the Space Jams and hopefully the guy I traded them to will enjoy them more than I did.

Still keeping my Cool Greys though, the grey works with my wardrobe better than the space jams did.

Originally Posted by mints

Space Jams. While I liked the XIs from the get go, I hadn't come around to buying a pair ever until these dropped again in 2009. I picked them up and wore them maybe 4 times. There was just something odd about wearing them out in public that I didn't like, it didn't feel like it fit my personality. So I traded them last week with cash for a pair of Tiffany Dunks. Since a good chunk of my footwear choices are either dunks or AM I feel like I'm going to get way more use and value out of those than I did the Space Jams and hopefully the guy I traded them to will enjoy them more than I did.

Still keeping my Cool Greys though, the grey works with my wardrobe better than the space jams did.
it was a great day, "space jam day" a lot of memories 

I only buy what I like. I passed on the God awful bin 5's even though everyone was on the wagon. I also passed on the "popular" yotr 7's. Why get a shoe that is close enough to the hares? Which I have 2 pair of. Buy what you like, not what someone else likes. A lot passed on the cardinal 7's. I look in the thread and people are saying "ehh" to them knowing damn well they would have waited hours in line if the hype had been there. Followers. BTW, the cardinal 7 is by far the nicest shoe I've bought this year next to the playoff XIII's.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Startin2Stack

I know no one wants to admit to ever being a hypebeast but if you have over 50 pairs of shoes you've most likely bought a pair you dont love. I'll admit to buying some of the cdp's for one of the shoes (6/19) the carmine 6s. Also, i bought the all star 23's because they were number 23 and i hoped this would be the second most limited colorway. Recently i've been selling a bunch of pairs because i'd rather love every pair i own...
Anyone else brave enough to admit to the hype??

Never that cuz.

Back
Top Bottom