who has been here the longest?

JRose5 banned me like 4x before he left no warnings or nothing. I think I've been banned 5x after that.smh

Honestly I've probably been banned more times than anyone on this site. I think I got a week ban 3x, not sure if they do that anymore....

Bruh, JRose was racist as hell. I still got PMs from him going in on me :lol:

everyone claims they were lurking in 1999/2000 :rofl:

Everybody always claims they lurked then signed up 2 years later....

Its believable for a site like this though, since im sure a lot of people started lurking in the Nike/JB sections, for info

Not really. The Ezboard days to my knowledge had no wait time during sign up periods. So you were active right away, as soon I as you signed up. So besides the fact it may have taken you an extra 3 minutes to sign up, I don't see how lurking could've been more prevalent than to sign up and just post and be registered.

I've been a member since August of 2001. I was 14 years old at the time, and because the sneaker love was so secluded back than - it created a real community-feel because you didn't see many people relate to our likes and interests during that time. It was actually difficult to find someone who passionly loved sneakers as much as our members did. So we kind of laid the foundation for those were interested in seeking info for sneakers via online. And that conglomerate is what formed our big forums like the General and Sports & Training.

I'm 27 now and I feel like I still belong here after all these years. I've seen a lot of changes and a lot of stories and a lot of people come and go..

Jrose banned me for having a sn called "I'm a little lad", then my avy said "that likes berries and cream". From an old Starburst commercial. That's when I had to turn on him.

I wonder what niketalk was like when it first started up

Method man: sup
Jrose5 : chillin...about to get those retro jordan 4s later.
Method man : me too, probably Sunday afternoon..theyll have a bunch.
Jrose5: holla holla (ja rule voice)
Method man: that hate me now song by nas is the bomb
Jrose5: I like "can I get a" by jay z. Thats my joint
NelsonC: jay > nas

Last edited:
everyone claims they were lurking in 1999/2000 :rofl:

Everybody always claims they lurked then signed up 2 years later....

Its believable for a site like this though, since im sure a lot of people started lurking in the Nike/JB sections, for info

Not really. The Ezboard days to my knowledge had no wait time during sign up periods. So you were active right away, as soon I as you signed up. So besides the fact it may have taken you an extra 3 minutes to sign up, I don't see how lurking could've been more prevalent than to sign up and just post and be registered.

I've been a member since August of 2001. I was 14 years old at the time, and because the sneaker love was so secluded back than - it created a real community-feel because you didn't see many people relate to our likes and interests during that time. It was actually difficult to find someone who passionly loved sneakers as much as our members did. So we kind of laid the foundation for those were interested in seeking info for sneakers via online. And that conglomerate is what formed our big forums like the General and Sports & Training.

I'm 27 now and I feel like I still belong here after all these years. I've seen a lot of changes and a lot of stories and a lot of people come and go..

IDK man i been going on to some other forums now for years and have not made a SN
I had nothing to add to the sneaker discussion so i never cared enough to do more than lurk, just like I am now in other forums

One-Month Wait cost me inclusion in the Class of 2007. :x

Was in the Class of 2005 as twenty3liveson :lol:.

I remember Niketalk being referenced left and right on Uptowns.net, and I would come on here and think this place is too wired. I got used to the format, and it was a wrap since then.

this is true. back then it was easy to sign up.

Back
Top Bottom