Who here plays Golf?

Originally Posted by Notorious P A C

im an addict... i recently got my first eagle
that's a good feelin huh? golf is an addictive game. it only sucks and is for lames if your game sucks. once u start feelin it, you get addictedlike no other.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by Recka101

like i said... golf is for lames.

95% of high-profiled people wish they were good at Golf...

Michael Jordan plays Golf...Go call him a lame so he can blow is Cohiba smoke in your face and proceed to putt
pimp.gif

you a lame for that one...

Nike "One" golf-balls, Nike TW signature shoes, Nike TW tour Polos
You're not impressing any real golfers with top of the line gear. You look like a tool when you have top of the line equipment and your gameis weak.

I love to golf, i'm also addicted to the sport. I try and get out every weekend I can. I'm in So-Cal and I really dont have anyone to play with. I playwith my co-workers but theyre stifflers on the course. I'd rather play with guys who have fun with the game, crack some beers and smoke some stogies.

solesavage, where in socal u at? i'm out in the brea / db area and we can play or hit the range (although my school schedule is gnarly these days)

oh, it was an eagle 2 by the way! right after i hit it, my uncle said "oh i think that one has a chance of going in!" and sure enough, it did.

also, like dude said, the equipment doesnt make the player, everything i have in my bag besides my putter is a hand-me-down, thanks to my Grandpa, God blesshis soul, the man who introduced me to this wonderful game.

Also, big ups to Tiger Woods, he changed the game for minorities like us. I believe it is because of him that within the past decade more and more minoritiesare playing golf

Originally Posted by solesavage

Nike "One" golf-balls, Nike TW signature shoes, Nike TW tour Polos
You're not impressing any real golfers with top of the line gear. You look like a tool when you have top of the line equipment and your game is weak.

I love to golf, i'm also addicted to the sport. I try and get out every weekend I can. I'm in So-Cal and I really dont have anyone to play with. I play with my co-workers but theyre stifflers on the course. I'd rather play with guys who have fun with the game, crack some beers and smoke some stogies.

I know...Thats why I said try...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

like i said... golf is for lames.

95% of high-profiled people wish they were good at Golf...

Michael Jordan plays Golf...Go call him a lame so he can blow is Cohiba smoke in your face and proceed to putt
pimp.gif

you a lame for that one...

To you I might be a lame, but theres no Vagina between your legs so I could care less
laugh.gif
Plus, Im Sexin' a beautiful female everynight, My current outfit probablycost more than half of your wordrobe....and when it comes to income...Well, I wont even go there with you li'l buddy
wink.gif

Man I've never played a game of golf ever in my life... I'm thinking about playing it at my HS though, looks like a pretty laid back and fun sport.

1. definitely not laid back. it could very well be the most frustrating thing you've ever encountered in your life
2. i've played for the past 5 years or so and i wouldn't really call it a "sport." i'd call it a game and at most an athletic game. itdefinitely is a very mentally challenging thing if you take it serious.

Raises hand- big golfer here. Played on my HS team, our team was pretty good and we did well in the state tournament my last 3 years.

Almost decided to play in college, but I was just kind of burnt out by it all because we played so many tournaments, and thought it might affect my gradesbecause of all the traveling I would have done on the team in college.

Back in the day, I really never thought I would like golf at all, but once I tried it I was hooked.

solesavage, where in socal u at? i'm out in the brea / db area and we can play or hit the range (although my school schedule is gnarly these days)

I'm also in La Habra/Brea....off of Lambert.

What range do you play at? I normally play at the Islands off of ball rd. only because its on the way home from work. I work in Orange. I've been playing for about 2 years now.

Back in the day, I really never thought I would like golf at all, but once I tried it I was hooked.
I think that applies to everyone who tries golf for the first time.

Originally Posted by solesavage

this is too$%*$*@# funny. i live in brea / yorba linda (i actually live on black gold golf course in yl). i also practice at islands and am actually reallygood buddies with the guys at roger dunn there as well as the range guy. good people. we should hit up the range at the very least, neil you can come thruanytime too.

blco2 my wrx homie! hahahahaha

btw, i got selected for testing some nike spikes and they should be comin in anyday hahaha

yo kobe. so your trying to tell me that all previous titleist drivers are crap? I'll admit that the ones they came out with towards mid/late summerdidn't move much at all. we had a ton left in our pro-shop... members would demo them and complain about the feel of the club along with the awkward soundit made during contract. any one hear about the guy stealing the Scotty Cameron putter stuff this past summer..... guy used to be a member at our club.

Originally Posted by PearI Jam

yo kobe. so your trying to tell me that all previous titleist drivers are crap? I'll admit that the ones they came out with towards mid/late summer didn't move much at all. we had a ton left in our pro-shop... members would demo them and complain about the feel of the club along with the awkward sound it made during contract. any one hear about the guy stealing the Scotty Cameron putter stuff this past summer..... guy used to be a member at our club.
the LAST semi-successful driver that titleist had was the 983k and that driver is like what? 3 years old? the 905 series did not sell well and neitherdid the 907 series. anyone who's a serious golfer knows that probably one of the greatest sounding and feeling drivers of all time was a titleist driver(975d) but let's be seriously honest here. titleist has not had a successful driver in years. aside from the 905s, they've all be high spin driverfaces that required extremely spin reduction shafts to make them usable (at least in the retail sector).

so basically yes i am telling you that most previous titleist drivers have been crap.

here's how i would put it in my own eyes...

current retail drivers out right now that have the best performance: ping g10 & the callaway ft-5
current retail drivers out right now that have extreme forgiveness: callaway ft-i & supposedly the cobra l4v and the nike sumo5900
previous generation 460cc retail drivers w/ best performance: nike ignite 460, ping g2, and MAYBE the cleveland launcher 460
previous generation of drivers less than 460cc w/ best performance: taylormade r510tp and taylormade r7tp

edit: i will concede though. i did in fact play with a titleist 907d1 driver earlier this year. it however was a tour issue driver so that's a completelydifferent animal...

^i got that ping g2 driver... as well as the irons... theres something about the sound and feel of pings.

i play at least once a week or at least hit the range... love the challenge of getting better.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom