Who loves Happy Endings? Cancelled (sad face)

Arthur Ashy line :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The wedding episode :lol: "I'm the Jackie Robinson of the Kerkovich family"

Show canceled :stoneface: :smh: :frown:

I would wish Netflix gives it another season but I know it doesn't have the following Arrested had behind it and persistent/dedicated creator.

To think I had less hope for Community being renewed than Happy Endings and Community makes it through.

Ah damn. It should have been obvious by now but that sucks to hear officially.

At least Sony made an effort to find a new home, I'm surprised USA, TBS, Comedy Central, didn't want to take a chance, but I guess it wasn't worth the money.

Show was too good.

Great. Cancel this but now we're left with garbage shows that will be cancelled by the end of their first seasons.

Most of ABC comedy shows won't get past a 6th episode. Hell maybe a 3rd.

GO @#$% YOURSELF ABC!

Postmortem interview

http://tvline.com/2013/07/09/happy-endings-ending-season-4-unaired-episodes-cancelled/

A couple of excerpts, the full interview discusses more.

TVLINE | As far as crushing disappointments go, where does this one rank?
CASPE | For me, the show’s a gigantic success. The people that I want to love the show love the show in a way that I could never have necessarily imagined when I went out to pitch it. It was the first television show I ever pitched. I came from writing movies. For it to go to pilot, much less series, much less 57 episodes, is pretty incredible. It’s hard for me to really complain. That said, I am super bummed. Devastated [is HEa word] I would like to reserve for non-career disappointments. [Laughs] But I’m super bummed in that it was very fun. Everyone, all down the line from the crew to the cast to the writers, loved making the show and was proud of the show. And I think it’s very rare that you get to work on something that you actually think is good and you would watch on your own. So I’m very bummed that I don’t get to continue to work with all those people and make this show that was very fun to make.
GROFF | I agree with David. My goal in my career always is to work on stuff I like with people that I like. That’s always the definition of success. I really liked the show and I really liked the people I was working with, from top to bottom. I also liked these characters. I really would like to have seen where Penny ends up and what happens with Dave and Alex. Do they ever get back together? They seem like they’re right for each other. And to see Elisha Cuthbert, who is so funny and was sort of undiscovered to us before as a really talented comedienne, to get to see [Alex] out dating really for the first time with someone other than Dave would have been a lot of fun. Brad and Jane talking about starting a family or new jobs, things like that. I’m bummed about not getting to tell those stories more.
CASPE | If there’s one thing that we are a little pissed about — and I’m not laying the blame anywhere because I don’t know where it lays — but the show felt like it was built to be a better performer than it was in the end. It maybe wasn’t gonna be a Modern Family-sized [hit], but it shouldn’t have died the way it died, in our opinion… It didn’t deserve 14 million views, possibly, but it also didn’t deserve 1 million. It should have performed more in the middle and should have been able to hang out for a few more seasons, in our humble opinion.

That quote there sums up how I feel. The people I know who saw the show loved it... but the audience just wasn't there for some reason. I never expected it to be a mega smash, but it should have done better.

GROFF | I really liked the comfort and matter-of-factness with which Max’s sexual orientation was [handled]. I thought he was an interesting character that I hadn’t seen before. I loved the ease with which his sexuality was just part of the basic facts of the group. I also really liked the way that race was handled easily in the group. I’m proud of that. I lot of that was, honestly, in David’s original pilot script. I’m proud of having been a part of that and to help keep that going, not to sound lofty or grand about it. But I like the fact that people noticed that and responded to that.

And another highlight I liked from the creators/showrunners.

That Friday slot really didn't give the show a chance
mean.gif
yeah, Friday is like hospice for TV shows

I'd love to see Damon go back to New Girl, but I don't know if they're willing to add him back other than a guest spot.

And the writing was on the wall by this last season thus explaining the Friday and bizarro Sunday time slots, but they had better timeslots including behind Modern Family for a bit and the audience just wasn't there. :smh:

Was just gonna post that the article about the season 4 potential storylines but Big J beat me to the punch.

I really would've like to have seen how the Dave and Penny getting together would've played out and the effect it would have on the group dynamic.

But alas....
frown.gif

As much as I loved this show....it overachieved on how long it stayed on. It should of been canceled after the 1st season. It never really had the viewers.

Back
Top Bottom