who pays on a first date???

Not a slight to you at all...But from my experience, if she does ask me out, she's either crazy, or I'm just not interested to begin with.
no offense taken...but news flash: all women are crazy

1. Food is a wack first date. I would avoid it.

2. The safest bet I think is to pay for food and tell her to get the first round of drinks.

Why?

if you are with a girl who is very attractive and you have designs on getting to know her in the biblical sense, pay for the food.

While there are some girls who are enlightened enough to see that men paying for stuff is an outdated social convention, some are not, even some of the most ardently feminist women will have a negative reaction to haggling and going 50/50.

So why take the risk? just pay for the food.

Making her pay for drinks allows you to retain some semblance of dignity.

BUT

If the girl is

A. not THAT attractive.
B. You are in an expensive place.
C. You are hard up for cash.

Then by all means split the bill, but if this girl is someone you are intent on continuing to see, then pay for it, and tell her to get the drinks.

I pay. I dont care about the price at. Just sees how she acts.

If she was willing to pay
If I have her attention
You know just overall acting good on a date.

I'll happily pay. But her willing to pitch in is key. Not all the time though. Can't judge a girl off little things.

If I pay and then one of us says how about drinks? And then she offers that's a W

If i have a daughter im telling her if dude dont want pay for the first date delete his number hes not worth your time!

I already started telling mine stuff like this. Don't want my girls with any bum *** dudes.

I pay for every date like a simp. Never understood the "you're paying for it anyway" argument until I grew up.

This is of course for girls I actually dig; if it's just a friendly excursion naw

Last edited:
First date (not even really a date at that point) is dive bar or coffee shop for the vetting process.

If all goes well, can easily spill into lunch, dinner, bar hopping, whatever, and I'm glad to pay. And I've not been out when the girl doesn't at least offer.

If doesn't work out, "something comes up" and I'm no more than $10 poorer (charged to the game)

Funny when I'm out and see dudes trying to impress girls at fancy joints, with that look on their face like they already know they dun goofed

For the record, haven't been on a bad first date in a while, girls in DC have been pretty solid lately (until about the 3 month mark)

Guy pays first date, it just looks right.

I take my girl out to most dinners. She'll usually grab the bill if we're going for breakfast or lunch. Sometimes dinners too.

Usually when I go on dates involving restaurants/bars, usually it ends up being "I'll get dinner, you can get drinks later" or vice versa. This ends up splitting the total cost anyway without anyone looking cheap

Last edited:
I buy 2 drinks first, and see what happens. Usually if the conversation over drinks is going smoothly, than go get dinner, and I have no problem paying. Making plans only for dinner on a first date means you're stuck with her and in some cases she could be annoying. I have no problem ditching a chick while having drinks but dinner is tough cause the bill comes after the food.

2. The safest bet I think is to pay for food and tell her to get the first round of drinks.

Why?

if you are with a girl who is very attractive and you have designs on getting to know her in the biblical sense, pay for the food.

While there are some girls who are enlightened enough to see that men paying for stuff is an outdated social convention, some are not, even some of the most ardently feminist women will have a negative reaction to haggling and going 50/50.

BUT

If the girl is

A. not THAT attractive.

Then by all means split the bill, but if this girl is someone you are intent on continuing to see, then pay for it, and tell her to get the drinks.

And what happens if she doesn't want to get the drinks?

If you can't pay for a reasonable first date then you shouldn't be going on a first date.

Last edited:
addressing the video at hand besides what he said.... this english dude has a sweet gimmick of getting ladies to go to a double tree hotel, pay money and tell them why they can't find a man. set aside the fact that the women at hand are separated into a different category of women that would do such a thing. this is the same type of women that has been reading cosmo and seventeen magazine for way too many years believing in such rules like don't send two consecutive texts or look up one of his hobbies online when you're away from him to surprise him with your new found knowledge. while thinking at the same time some want to date that english dude.

that best friend analogy was great he said. the end result of a relationship is getting married and all that and at weddings they always say during their vows "I married my best friend" guys do feel used if it's always on him. cue the meme "when you go thru bae's phone and you see you're under "free food""

It's 2017 no reason you cant split a damn bill :lol:
If she makes a big deal about it when the time comes than she wasn't feeling you and just wanted a free meal.

Does this still apply nowadays though?

Not unless dude is driving and ol school joint. I think we need to think of a more modern test.

Yeah you got to remember not to turn on the alarm and unlock your door with the key.. :rofl:

*if your car door has a key hole

Even if I avoid using the alarm and unlock the passenger door with my key to let her in automatically unlocks driver side door. The only option would be to unlock let her in then lock when I walk around the back of the car :lol:. That is too much work though, which is why we need a new test.

If you can't pay for a reasonable first date then you shouldn't be going on a first date.

View media item 1067611
View media item 2136185
View media item 1069342

I always pay the first time and go ghost if they don't at least offer

If you going ghost anyway just make them cover their portion. Saved it for the chick who will actually offer.

Last edited:

my lady was the one who asked me out so she emphatically refused to let me pay and took care of the bill on the first date.

we had sushi and drinks

we've been together ever since 
smokin.gif

So hard to find. But when you do, grab on tight.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Some of these chicks want to stay out all night and hit spot after spot and not expect to have to come out of pocket.
laugh.gif

Why?

BUT

If the girl is

A. not THAT attractive.

And what happens if she doesn't want to get the drinks?

easy.

View media item 2325239

Back
Top Bottom