Who's the NBA's next megastar in around 5 years?

[quote name="Mister Friendly"]Also no mention of Kobe :lol:[/quote]Jesus H. Christ. :lol:

Find the Lakers thread or Kobe Appreciation thread, man.

"You would. You hate Kobe."

Right? That's what you're thinking, right?

Must be why I stopped Spurs talk dominating the NBA thread. Big Spurs fan, I must be.

Or maybe I'm a huge Hawks fan, insisting ryanjumpman stop turning the NBA thread into Hawks Talk. Must have been because I'm a huge Hawks fan. That's all I do, just want the whole forum to operate according to my loyalties.

Ooooorrr... this entire discussion going on right now has nothing to do with the thread topic, and was ignited by you having a problem with someone's omission of Kobe, and is continuing because of your agenda.

Petty.

Megastars; discuss.

Last edited:
This is why I take most of these stats with a grain of salt most of them show there was a negligible difference between but then you go find one that makes it seem like it was. Anybody with eyes knows Kobe was a top 5 player in 2013.

Even if you only want to use the basketball-reference metric that you posted, that's not negligible. That's a significant difference.

Or for the old school types who think this is all a bunch of crap and wins and losses are the only stat that matters... Chris got his team 11 more wins and the Lakers squeaked into the playoffs on the last day of the season. You don't have a leg to stand on with this.

Last edited:
I don't want nor care to use any of it really but you come posting TS% that's damn near the same and +/- in non-specific terms like someone cares. Bottom line Chris Paul has never been on Bron, KD or Kobe's level. He's never been a megastar, which was the initial point.

chris paul also needs to get the respect he deserves for winning two more playoff games than kobe's lakers that year 

I like the way Screamin A framed it he said he's a star or superstar point guard ie one of the best at his position but in totality of players in the league he's not a superstar. Just like Melo.

Last edited:
This is why this thread was made. To keep the sea manup troll show in here:

http://niketalk.com/t/626875/the-elite-chris-paul-thread/0_20
this just in! im posting in this thread and not that one!

please deal with it and stop crying. thx 
wink.gif

if chris paul played with this much urgency he might get past the second round for the first time ever 

Is there a way to set up alerts on NT or something? Like when a member uses a word, an e-mail or text goes out?

Don't post in a thread. It goes 4 pages. Make a single post. 22 seconds later... :wow: :wow: :wow:

:nerd:

[quote name="sea manup"][QUOTE name="JD617"]This is why this thread was made. To keep the sea manup troll show in here:

http://niketalk.com/t/626875/the-elite-chris-paul-thread/0_20[/QUOTE]

please deal with it and stop crying. thx :wink: [/quote]No.

JD was right.

When someone's agenda takes over any and all discussion they are in, that's on them, and the forum or at least the thread is better off without them.

:wink:

Originally Posted by sea manup  
Originally Posted by JD617  
This is why this thread was made. To keep the sea manup troll show in here:

http://niketalk.com/t/626875/the-elite-chris-paul-thread/0_20

please deal with it and stop crying. thx 
wink.gif
No.

JD was right.

When someone's agenda takes over any and all discussion they are in, that's on them, and the forum or at least the thread is better off without them.

wink.gif
the question is why is chris paul considered a megastar

i would say its pretty on topic 

if someone brings up jeremy lin in a thread about top 10 pgs in the league im going to ask for an explanation

same thing here 

Back
Top Bottom