WHY ARE EBAY BUYERS SO $&@! FLAKY???!!!

flaking isnt popular just with Ebay'ers.

Facebook and Craigslist has many as well.

I think many people change their minds when it comes down to crunchtime. Unfortunately.

And this is why cosignment shops are doing good business. It saves you and I from wasting time negotiating on price, meetups, fraudulent money. We dont have time for that.

Yes but when people flake on eBay the buyer can't turn around and just sell them to the next guy without 4-5 days passing.

That's the problem. Flakers on ebay should be banned if they get numerous non paying buyer strikes.

Again I can live with a flaker on craigslist or on here because I'm not paying any few for the services to sell on here. On ebay where I'm paying a fee, did an auction for a few days and had those days wasted because some 16 year old kid who's unsure if he wants the shoes or not wins them and decides to flake after placing a bid to commit to buy the shoes is a bigger annoyance.

Whatever happened to a bid being a contract to commit to buy?

Its not going to happen, but since sellers are the ones forking out all the fee money, they should be better protected from scammers and when dealing with non paying bidders.

I hope google or amazon or a site like that one day are able to make an auction site that can compete with ebay.

It's not necessarily an age thing though. 17 or 36. It's the same m.o. regardless Lowballing, flaking ect. It's just easier to assume it's someone young :lol:

Grown *** dudes with kids/families are doing this too.

Update:

Pair of Griffeys the guy won where he asked for a break on shipping: I tell him I'll take off $7 so he asks for a new invoice. I tell him I don't want to mess around with multiple invoices just pay and I'll gift him back $7. He says paypal is asking him for my tracking info. I know it's BS, I just ignore it. He then says he's paying the next day, and asks if I can rush to get them delivered, I said the sooner he pays the better. No word for 2 days, then he asks for another invoice which I know is just his way of stalking/BSing. I ignore him, he still hasn't paid. Next day he messages me that these are the wrong size and he wants to cancel the transaction. I swear if this guy lived anywhere near my city...

Foams that I put up for second chance offer turned into an episode of let's make a deal and the buyer also asked for rush delivery because they were a "birthday present". Why is bday present the go-to BS to try to make the seller rush delivery? And why the hell you buyin people NDS and VNDS shoes off eBay as birthday gifts? The hell?! And you want to talk the price down from what YOU BID and then expect me to rush to the post office? FOH. I relisted them as a BIN with a minimum offer acceptance and they sold. Buyer hasn't paid yet but had the decency to message me and tell me he'd pay by the 5th. I can at least respect that and if he holds up they're already boxed and ready to ship.

3rd pair was just a no-response, no pay buyer and I just filed an unpaid item complaint same as the other 2.

Everything is definitely gonna be BIN immediate payment required, and I found the place where you can restrict buyers with 2 strikes, etc. so this thread has been helpful. Thanks and reps to everyone who suggested that.

I'm not in favor of that. Some people really may need to get their funds in order. Can take up to a week.
A week. What if someone wins a steal on eBay and gets a paycheck at the end of the week? So your gonna penalize them for winning a steal on an item and wanting to get their funds in order? Nah, I don't like the unpaid claim in 24 hours.

It's actually 48 hrs which is plenty of time. And why is it suddenly ok to @$! bet on eBay? Like dude said above, it's not layaway. It's a huge waste of time that I have to sit on sold goods for 2 days, and then another 4 days after filing an unpaid item reminder to be certain you're not getting paid. Just frustrating is all.

@BLASTERCOMBO  I agree I hate the 4-5 day wait for flaky buyers.  I haven't had too much bad luck with Flaky buyers on eBay, but that's mostly because I mostly use BIN.  The ish I don't like it how eBay has instituted an insertion fee on BIN listings now.  eBay always finding a way to squeeze money out sellers 
mean.gif

Your selling sneakers and the issue is 99% of your clientele is kids.

So.God.Damn.True.

"i know it says $120 shipped im wondering if you can do $50" like WTF %^&* this aint charity beat it brat

The lowballers are the worst. I usually list my stuff dumb cheap anyways, yet dudes stay looking for deals.

Main thing that bugs me is haggling over shipping costs. Like yo, it costs to ship homie....why do you expect free overnight shipping?

International buyers are the WORST with that. Canadians especially :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
I'm not in favor of that. Some people really may need to get their funds in order. Can take up to a week.
A week. What if someone wins a steal on eBay and gets a paycheck at the end of the week? So your gonna penalize them for winning a steal on an item and wanting to get their funds in order? Nah, I don't like the unpaid claim in 24 hours.

:smh: old 3 series buying dude :lol: smh

There is such a jackpot answer to this I just don't understand why it isn't done by Zuckerberg or someone like that

MAKE A BETTER EBAY WITH BETTER FEATURES AMD GREAT ADVERTISING /MARKETING

That's literally something that is needed/wanted that can succeed and flourish if done by the right person

Don't care about any of this stuff. You dont have the money, too bad. I'm not Walmart, I dont have layover.

And frankly im doing you a favor. Out here in pure struggle wasting more money on shoes. :smh:

I should re-phrase that : I file an unpaid item case after 2-3 days of messaging the low feedback buyer who refuses to respond/pay for the item. I have no problem waiting for people if they are decent. I recently sold a low value item (under $50) and the buyer messaged me right after the auction saying she wouldn't be able to pay for it until she got her check. I had no problem waiting for someone if they are a serious buyer and aren't just playing games

It's actually 48 hrs which is plenty of time. And why is it suddenly ok to @$! bet on eBay? Like dude said above, it's not layaway. It's a huge waste of time that I have to sit on sold goods for 2 days, and then another 4 days after filing an unpaid item reminder to be certain you're not getting paid. Just frustrating is all.

As sellers, I definitely hear where y'all coming from. Put yourself in the consumers shoes for a minute.

I.e. You come across an auction that has a steal price for a certain product. You bid and win the auction. You have 3/4's of the funds and ya buddy/girlfriend owes you a couple dollars that you would put towards the own auction. A week to gather the full amount of monies, would do wonders or a down payments for a lot of transactions. I'm just speaking from a consumers point of view.

As sellers, I definitely hear where y'all coming from. Put yourself in the consumers shoes for a minute.

I.e. You come across an auction that has a steal price for a certain product. You bid and win the auction. You have 3/4's of the funds and ya buddy/girlfriend owes you a couple dollars that you would put towards the own auction. A week to gather the full amount of monies, would do wonders or a down payments for a lot of transactions. I'm just speaking from a consumers point of view.

I am also an eBay consumer. If I don't have the funds, I'm not gonna torture myself looking on eBay for kicks. I'm DEFINITELY not gonna go bid on stuff just cause it's a steal and I almost have enough money. The world doesn't work that way. You're not entitled to make people wait to get paid when it suits you. That's what gets annoying is these younger dudes have this mentality that the seller owes you a favor just because. "Can I get deal on shipping?" "Can I pay you next week but can you ship them tomorrow?" "Oh my bad I didn't really mean to bid on those."

Bunch of panhandlers...

Last edited:
If you don't have the money, don't buy.

If you think you won't have the money, don't buy

If for any reason you don't have the money, don't buy

All that personal stuff I did care for. It's cold hearted but that's business.

Its some cheap Canadians from my dealings online over the years. Funny part is that most stuff costs more in Canada so they should be happy me or whoever is giving them the opportunity to purchase an item for less then what they would pay in Canada.

Regarding the paying right away stuff. Ideally as a seller id like to receive a payment right away but its no big deal to wait a few days for me as long as the buyer lets me know when their going to pay.

As a buyer I almost always pay right away, but if my funds are tight but I know ill have the extra $$ within 2-3 days and I see a steal listed, ill jump on it and have the courtesy to let the buyer know I have every intention of paying an will pay within 2-3 days and I'm not wasting his or time and usually their cool with that. Communication is key on either end.

Buyers here are pretty bad too. Inquire with no plans to purchase. LOWBALLER central.

Regarding the lowballers. Just don't even respond to them. Their not even worth the dialogue and time wasted typing replying to them but lowballers come with the territory for better or worse.

Regarding the paying right away stuff. Ideally as a seller id like to receive a payment right away but its no big deal to wait a few days for me as long as the buyer lets me know when their going to pay.

As a buyer I almost always pay right away, but if my funds are tight but I know ill have the extra $$ within 2-3 days and I see a steal listed, ill jump on it and have the courtesy to let the buyer know I have every intention of paying an will pay within 2-3 days and I'm not wasting his or time and usually their cool with that. Communication is key on either end.

I had to stop doing this. Years ago I'd tell people I'd give them a few days and that almost always resulted in them not buying the item. Now I just go with whoever pays first.

I had to stop doing this. Years ago I'd tell people I'd give them a few days and that almost always resulted in them not buying the item. Now I just go with whoever pays first.

Can't even blame you. 3 days is my max wait time. Most the time, I've had buyers who were considerate enough to ask if id be willing to wait a few days prior to bidding which I could respect. Its the ones who bid on an item, win, and don't respond to any type of messages or communication whatsoever that rustle my jimmies though.

Buyer or seller for sneakers...eBay sucks. Used(pre-owned) go for hundreds of dollars. This sneaker hype has to burst soon.

For the used stuff. I hate when sellers list stuff that's been beat to the ground as being "NDS" or in good condition. I've seen dudes do that on here as well.

For the used stuff. I hate when sellers list stuff that's been beat to the ground as being "NDS" or in good condition. I've seen dudes do that on here as well.

10 times worse now with this new found hype for kicks. Most these new people arent even into sneakers...just another hustle. Just seen a pair of Banned 1s going for 1K...like seriously...who's dropping rent money for 1 pair of kicks?

Had a guy agree to buy a sneaker from me on the other site and said he was going to pay the same night. It wasn't even anything crazy, the price was like $45 shipped or something. After going through the whole process he gives me his Paypal email address to send him an invoice. I send the invoice and tell him I would be shipping the shoes out in the next few days (usually I ship out next morning, but I started a new job that week and wasn't sure if I would be able to make it to the post office the next day). I ask him if that's cool and immediately he declines the invoice. Exactly a month later he sends me a PM like nothing happened lol.

"Okay sounds good.
Could you send me pics of the inside midsole and the bottoms before I pay the invoice please, I don't mean to be an inconvenience I just need to make sure before I purchase."

There was no communication between the PM of me telling him I sent the invoice and would ship out in a few days and the message he sends me a month later. It was like he was frozen Encino man style for a month and tried to pick up where he left off the day he was frozen.

Hate ebay because of there dam fees and buyers. No protection to the seller but they sure are quik to collect them fees. But scummy buyers are every where.

eBay- had a buyer message me multiple times saying he was so interested in my shoes begged me to do a buy it now listing and I was like okay screw it he's serious blah blah. I do the dam listing son never pays.

Facebook_had a guy offer me 150 for some supreme shirts i was selling say okay dude talks me up for a week asking questions blah blah. Then I send him my paypal addy to pay don't ever hear from him again lol

If you don't have the money, you shouldn't be buying..........PERIOD

When I sell on the bay, I don't care about your financial situations.  The store I bought the shoes from didn't care about my financial situation either.  I paid and walked out with my kicks.  Just that simple.  When I come across a steal or a good deal on some kicks, I pay immediately.

I experienced the same when I first started selling off my collection.  Setting it to Buy It Now and Immediate Payment required eliminated a lot of the flaking.  I never use auction format.  I don't care about paying the .30c listing fee.  I just set my price way above the price I have in mind.  Once I get the right offer, it usually sells via invoice price.

But every once in a while the sale goes through on ebay.  I just hate paying those fees.

Last edited:
eBay is different then an actual store though.

Technically you don't have to pay for a few days and that's ebays policy, not a policy that an individual seller makes up and tries to enforce.

We all want to get paid quick and that's normal but I can't stand overly pushy sellers either. I bid on an item before with about 3 days left on it, it ended in the middle of the night. I wake up with 2 messages the next day asking when I'm going to pay with a very pushy attitude to them and it wasnt even 12 hours after the auction had ended yet and it was a Sunday as well with the next day being presidents day and post offices are closed, so its not like he was going to be able to ship the stuff right away (doesn't really matter but he sent me 2 messages with a real rude demanding attitude within 12 hours of the auction ending) I paid that day which I intended on doing anyways but I left him a neutral feedback explaining the item was good but the sellers people skills were terrible.

Back
Top Bottom