Why do cats in the hood think COOGI is that !%@*?

Coogi actually relaunched its brand but I like the vintage Coogi , not the new relaunched Coogi or the fubu Coogi

Stumbled across this old thread and figured I'd post my vintage Coogi sweater collection.
I think they are legit works of art with a ton of time and work put into each one.
I only mess with the mercerized cotton Australian ones from the late '80s and '90s. I also have one that pre-dates 1987 when the company was "Cuggi".
Some of them I just loved the look of and others were just too good of a price to pass up.

A few quick facts:

----No two are exactly alike. They do follow a pattern and though the same pattern may be used more than once, even with the same colors, the placement will be different. For example, I've seen a pic of Drake wearing one that I have and ASAP Ferg in the "Work Remix" video too.
Biggie's were custom made by Coogi so I have not, and probably never will see one done in the same pattern as his.

----Cosby NEVER wore a Coogi. The costume designer didn't like them and he mostly wore Perry Ellis and a brand called "Koos" on the show.
Here is an excerpt...
Though today, any kooky sweater might be called a “Cosby sweater,” there was one brand whose garish style didn’t quite make the show’s cut—the Australian label Coogi. “My sweaters were busy to a certain point, but it wasn’t to that extreme,” says Lemire. “I still can’t stand those.”
...from this article...
https://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/the-truth-about-cosby-sweaters/

-----From what I know, almost all Coogi sweaters from this era don't have seams at the shoulders, the pattern continues to wrap around from front to back.

So, here are the ones I have right now. I included pics of the backs of some that are completely different than the front...
I also added pics of the sneakers I wear with them if I have a perfect match. (some colors match only in person)
Excuse some blurry pics. I took all these at once and got tired. lol

1st 4.jpg

2nd 4.jpg

Top Right: ASAP Ferge "Work Remix"
3rd 4.jpg

The top one (front/back) is a unique design I have only seen a couple of times. I like the back, with the castle looking shape and the griffin (a mythological creature with the body of a lion and head and wings of an eagle) in the green & yellow area.
4th 3.jpg

I didn't plan it this way, but these last 4 are some of my favorites. You may have seen the pic of Drake wearing one with the same pattern and colors as the safari themed one but placed differently on IG. ( I saw that after I bought mine btw. I don't want people to confuse me for a Drake stan. Same goes for the "Ferg/Work" one)
last 4.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot the one from before '87 when they were still going by "Cuggi"...
cuggi 1 small.jpg

Lastly, I know a lot of you will think these are wack and that's fine, of course. I also know that I am opening myself up to jokes, that's fine too, just please make them funny. lol

Thanks, fellas. I honestly expected a lot more "I don't get it", "Those are ugly af" comments than positive ones.

a blinkin a blinkin The info on them is limited and I don't claim to be an expert but I have learned how to spot some fakes. If you find one and want me to take a look at it, let me know, assuming you even care. I try to only buy authentic ones but, honestly, I feel like since the only branding is on the inside tag and no two are alike anyway a fake Coogi is still a dope sweater.

you go boy you go boy They aren't always expensive. The really bold ones people are usually asking a lot for but I have found them for as low as $60 on eBay.

Don't know how I forgot this one, another of my favorites...
coogi coll 5 small.jpg
coogi match 2.jpg

Not a fan of any of your sneaker matches except the Bordeauxes (I feel like sweaters that loud needs to be balanced out by the rest of the fit), but that's a dope collection.

All the ones I've come across were getting taxed on as well, but I see myself grabbing one or two eventually.

Coogi is always dope .. just not an everyday designer....

I have a couple sweaters... only wear them when I feel extra
I'd love to see them when you have a chance.
Yeah, I don't wear them too often. Weather permitting, I am sure to wear one of my favorites on March 9th and May 21st though.

my friend likes to BS a lot so i dont know when hes lying or not but he said coogi sweaters are made off 1 thread for the whole sweater... if thats true then damb the quality is on point

my friend likes to BS a lot so i dont know when hes lying or not but he said coogi sweaters are made off 1 thread for the whole sweater... if thats true then damb the quality is on point
The quality and how intricate they are is amazing but that seems highly unlikely, nearly impossible. lol

I can't mess with those new "Fubu" ones. They tried to reproduce the famous design from the Biggie pic but you can see that the detail just isn't there.
new coogi.jpeg
notorious-biggie-coogi.jpg

Coogi plane, Coogi frame when I lane swang
Coogi syyyrup spilled out my cup and left a Coogi stain
Coogi stupid flow, I bet you tired of these STUPID ****
Then send her to me so I can take her out her Coogi clothes.

Coogi trap house, I smell hate aroma.
Coogi V12? Nah, Coogi baking soda.
My screens hang like the teeth on a sabertooth
Coogi private plane jump out with Coogi parachute!

[Hook] Steppin in my Coogi, drank got me woozy
Steppin in my Coogi, drank got me woozy

you need to wear coogi with some jewelry or something not everybody can just throw a coogi sweather on and be fly :lol:

:emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::nthat:

Flawless. Where'd you find those Pumas? They were made for that sweater (even if they actually weren't).
Thanks. I ordered a pair on release in March (9th, the 20th ann. of BIG's death) but realized they were all different and didn't really care for the pattern I got so I picked a pair on eBay I liked more and sold the original ones.

you need to wear coogi with some jewelry or something not everybody can just throw a coogi sweather on and be fly :lol:
I used to have an icy cross and a >1/4 lb gold chain but I bartended at a bar I owned in the sh***y little town I grew up in and knew it was only a matter of time before some young cats that didn't know better tried me so I sold it and just wear one less flashy ring now.

Back
Top Bottom