Why do people still use the N word?? vol. Mature discussion

Looks at title.

Looks at subject matter.

Knows this will not end well...

HOWEVER, the word is common by all races these days, and is accepted far too easy. It'll never change.

This sums it up. Thadocta, why man? You been around long enough to know better that you are lighting a powder keg with this one :smh: . To keep it a hunnid, EVERY culture and ethnicity group has a derogatory term to describe their own people that THEY accept use towards their OWN people. Yet this gets singled out? While there are many derogatory terms, this one seems to hold the most power, why is that? Hispanics, Jews, Irish etc. all have their terms, no one gets up in arms about it when they refer to themselves about it amongst themselves.

Last edited:
All goes back to how ppl were raised really. You were raised in a household where the N word is used often, its no big deal.

I still say the n word at least 3-5 times a day, just because my mom, grandmother, grandfather, cousins, uncles, etc all say it all the time around me. Does that make it right to say? No.

But is it a big deal like people seem to make it out to be? Hell no imo.

And I call all my friends (black, white, mixed, Arabic, etc) ***** too. They all say it... theres no problem. They know their role when saying though. They're smart enough to not say it around new ******. Simple yet effective. We all ****** man. NT yall my ******
This

This sums it up. Thadocta, why man? You been around long enough to know better that you are lighting a powder keg with this one :smh: . To keep it a hunnid, EVERY culture and ethnicity group has a derogatory term to describe their own people that THEY accept use towards their OWN people. Yet this gets singled out? While there are many derogatory terms, this one seems to hold the most power, why is that? Hispanics, Jews, Irish etc. all have their terms, no one gets up in arms about it when they refer to themselves about it amongst themselves.
Really? I doubt it..... Name the terms?
Or is this an attempt at sweeping ops concern as a black man under the rug as illegitimate?

Last edited:
when will people stop using this word whether it be in rap music or in their everyday vocabulary

When people shut up about it..

you are doing the total opposite of what a person who dislikes the word would do.

african americans shouldn't even be saying that word to begin with, nothing empowering about it at all.

you would never hear some other groups calling themselves these awful names..

Last edited:
Really? I doubt it..... Name the terms?

You mean to tell me you aren't aware of other derogatory ethnic names? I ain't getting banned for listing them for you. Go google them, it's really not that hard man.

I use it because people around me have been using it in place of "bro"  so I use it without thinking sometimes although I'm trying to stop. I don't like when others use it however because quite frankly they're not ****** so they shouldn't say the word. Especially suburban kids ugh. (Basically if you're a ***** you can say it. Example V nasty. But if you're not then don't say it point blank.)

when will people stop using this word whether it be in rap music or in their everyday vocabulary

When people shut up about it..

you are doing the total opposite of what a person who dislikes the word would do.

african americans shouldn't even be saying that word to begin with, nothing empowering about it at all.

you would never hear some other groups calling themselves these awful names..

Everyone does it to some degree. They might not be around you or the names might not sound as powerfully offensive but it happens.

Serious question's... Why do people who aren't black want to use that word so badly? Also, why does it bother other races when black people use it amongst themselves?

Serious question's... Why do people who aren't black want to use that word so badly? Also, why does it bother other races when black people use it amongst themselves?

This question is the crux of the argument and any attempt to answer it is like a dog chasing it's tail.

I still say the n word at least 3-5 times a day, just because my mom, grandmother, grandfather, cousins, uncles, etc all say it all the time around me. Does that make it right to say?
Your mother and grandmother tho
sick.gif
they don't OD on saying it obviously. Just saying I've heard them say it plenty of times. Guess that makes that makes them terrible people huh?

I think its hilarious when someone uses a word as a part of their everyday vocabulary yet gets up in arms when someone of another race uses that very same word.

Its like when females refer to eachother as bad b words yet act like Susan b Anthony reincarnated when a male uses the same word they were happily calling themselves earlier.

I don't care the word or the race, or the gender, its ignorant to use a word then get mad when someone else uses it because their different then you.

one second its a term of endearment, the next second people get their panties in a bunch over it.

Im gonna call people pirates from now on.

Sup mah pirate?

Always lose a bit of respect for black dudes who brag about letting their white friends say it yea that's something to be proud of B smh

Reactions: wr
wow rappers the scapegoats/stimulus? Go home dawg
I am home. Where are you?

I'm sorry, I should of been more specific.

*Compton Rappers
wow rappers the scapegoats/stimulus? Go home dawg
So who's promoting it nowadays if it isn't rap artists?
You guys need to get out more. So rappers are the only ppl promoting the N word? Movies dont exist? Olympic basketball player didn't just say in a post-game interview? 

You Bill O'Reilly ****** disgust me. Don't blame rappers for "promoting" it. 

I think its hilarious when someone uses a word as a part of their everyday vocabulary yet gets up in arms when someone of another race uses that very same word.

Its like when females refer to eachother as bad b words yet act like Susan b Anthony reincarnated when a male uses the same word they were happily calling themselves earlier.

I don't care the word or the race, or the gender, its ignorant to use a word then get mad when someone else uses it because their different then you.

Good, bad, or indifferent, it's one of many double standards that we live with in our society.

I use it as a term of endearment or when I want to put something for emphasis

"My *****" "I love y'all *****"
"Damnnnnn! *****!"

Only use it with my close black friends who also use it. Respect my friends who don't use it and don't use it around them. Never use it in mixed company or older black folks.

I've been called a ****** once in a racist way and that was before I knew what it meant. Obviously the word has a loaded history but personally it doesn't for me

I love the word ****a, as a non-black person I'd rather call someone close to me my ****a than a friend. To me since I grew up in nyc and in the 80's-90's that word was widespread due to hip-hop primarily. People only like to attach the negative stigma that *er has to it and apply it to *a. I will always counter that with *a isn't even the same thing.

I don't say *a around black folks idk, thats just disrespectful and it doesn't figure how they may view that word. But my cousins, brother, homeboys are my *a's.

To tell someone they can't use a word that bears no ill intention is useless and and dumb. Matter of fact the more you tell a person not to use a word, I bet you behind the scenes they will use it more rampantly and with more ill intention.

I think the use of *a has decreased a lot since the 90's. *a to me is like the middle ground between a friend and a brother.

If I use that word with a positive meaning behind it and watch who I say it around for fear of hurting them and doing wrong by them, then I really don't understand how you can listen to rap music and give them the pass just because they're black yet using it to offend is commonplace.

Back
Top Bottom