Why do us MEN get the short end of the stick?

What's the point of girls having a Sweet 16? Bottom line is, a wedding is just another day a girl can say is hers and that's the biggest gift you can get ever give them.
The greatest gift you can ever give your wife is yourself as a lifetime companion to grow with her, not a party.

It's your wife, and if you're both going to commit to each other for a liftime, why not both?

I truly understand guys saying "I'd rather spend the money on something else for the future, house, etc.." but honestly, in the grand scheme of things, the $50K~ you spend for a wedding isn't much when you look back on it in a few years, depending on where you are in life. You can't pay for the memories of that day.
Tell that to everyone who's amassed student loans debt. At least they spent $50K on 4+ years and not a single day.

Plenty of my friends and family have paid off their student debts, as well and my wife and I. I don't need to ask any strangers about their life journey. If you and you significant other decide to get married right after college, that's on you guys. Big mistake if you ask me and I don't know of anybody personally that foolish or impatient who wanted to splurge on a wedding still owing that much money.

Last edited:
It's your wife, and if you're both going to commit to each other for a liftime, why not both?
Then do both. You stated the BIGGEST gift you can give your wife is her wedding day, which I disagree with. Thats like saying the biggest gift to give your child isn't knowledge and love to be the best person, but to make sure they get the a PS4 for their birthday.

I truly understand guys saying "I'd rather spend the money on something else for the future, house, etc.." but honestly, in the grand scheme of things, the $50K~ you spend for a wedding isn't much when you look back on it in a few years, depending on where you are in life. You can't pay for the memories of that day.
Tell that to everyone who's amassed student loans debt. At least they spent $50K on 4+ years and not a single day.

Plenty of my friends and family have paid off their student debts, as well and my wife and I. I don't need to ask any strangers about their life journey. If you and you significant other decide to get married right after college, that's on you guys. Big mistake if you ask me and I don't know of anybody personally that foolish or impatient who wanted to splurge on a wedding still owing that much money.
Right, but that spending "the money on something else for the future, house, etc.." also includes paying off student debt. You imply they should spend $50K regardless of their other financial goals because in the grand scheme of things the memories of the wedding are priceless.

But now you go back on your statement and say that financials goals should be met first before the wedding?

Last edited:
Then do both. You stated the BIGGEST gift you can give your wife is her wedding day, which I disagree with. Thats like saying the biggest gift to give your child isn't knowledge and love to be the best person, but to make sure they get the a PS4 for their birthday.

I didn't say THE wedding day is the biggest thing you can get her, I said it was "days being all about her" that was. Let's be clear about that.

And as far as the second part, which I don't wanna clog up with quotes, my point was you should get yourself in a financial situation where you don't have much baggage financially before going half on a life with someone else. If you're in so much school debt, and can't wait to marry someone, there's no way you should be in any other venue other than a town hall. Why would you continue to dig yourself deeper in debt? Again, pretty simple, right?

Last edited:

I didn't say THE wedding day is the biggest thing you can get her, I said it was "days being all about her" that was. Let's be clear about that.

And as far as the second part, which I don't wanna clog up with quotes, my point was you should get yourself in a financial situation where you don't have much baggage financially before going half on a life with someone else. If you're in so much school debt, and can't wait to marry someone, there's no way you should be in any other venue other than a town hall. Why would you continue to dig yourself deeper in debt? Again, pretty simple, right?
Right, which you were against in your initial statement and are now aligning with my initial response. :rolleyes

Right, which you were against in your initial statement and are now aligning with my initial response. :rolleyes

Sure. You win.

IRL, have you guys ever heard of the bride's parents paying for the wedding or is that just some hollywood non-sense?

:lol: I'm just laughing at the mention of a dude getting fancy and going hard at his wedding like it's a fashion show. I hope to attend a super fabulous gay wedding just so I can see this one day. :lol:

OP got a point. Why don't women take the roles in approaching and courting us? This systematic way of engaging someone of the opposite species needs to be shared & equally mutual.

Grass is always greener aint it?

I'm sure on bizzaro NT there's females complaining about how men got it better. Bet it would hurt some of yall feelings too :lol:

This reminds me of the women depreciate thread a bit :lol:

Back
Top Bottom