Why don't young "shoe-heads" live in the "now" rather than chasing retroes??

I DONT GET U OTHER 18 YEAR OLD *@+**+ IM 18 AND WHEN I WAS GROWIN UP I SAW ALL JORDANS GAMES FROM 1995 AND ON. i MEAN REGGIE MILLER WAS MY FAVORITE PLAYER ANDTHE HAWKS WAS MY FAVORITE TEAM BUT U WATCH JORDAN TO GET SOMEBODY ON THE PLAYGROUND OR AT THE GYM. MAYBE ITS BECAUSE IVE BEEN PLAYIN BALL SINCE I WAS FIVE BUTI MEAN FROM 95 TO NOW IVE BEEN WEARING JORDAN AND I KNEW EXACTLY WHO HE WAS. I EVEN WROTE HIM A LETTER AND HE SENT ME BACK AN AUTOGRAPHED CHAMPIONSHIP SERIESBASKETBALL CARD FROM 97 OR 98 I THINK. BUT I MEAN IM YOUNG BUT IF YOU JUST LOVE BBALL LIKE I DO YOU WOULD KNO WHO JORDAN IS WHEN U TURNED 4 OR 5 I MEAN HE WASTHE GREATEST PLAYER EVER SO I MEAN HIS GAMES WERE ALWAYS ON TV. AND PLUS IM TIRED OF YOU OLD HEADS TRYNA ACT LIKE YALL THE ONLY ONES TO KNO JORDAN. YALL WASJUS THERE AT THE BEGINNING. MAN 1990 TO 1993 NEED TO STAND UP AND LET THESE *@+**+ KNO WE SEEN JORDAN AT HIS BEST YEARS AND SOME OF HIS BEST SHOES LIKE THEXIs.

it is amazing how many people do not understand my original post in this thread
frown.gif

^^^^^I'm a older cat...and I don't understand the point in it...it really is point less...what is a shoe head?....and who cares who or what age justbuys them...I buy what ever I like and because I like not any other reason...retros,spizikes,dub-zero,whatever I like...

Personally, I think if you like the shoes and you're still one of the young buls on here that appreciate the beauty of the shoes...buy em' and wearthem with pride...

But as mentioned the OP wasn't attacking any of you young dudes on here. I think ya'll read the man's statement and don't look at the ? markafter it...

I just turned 28 years old, so I'm one of the "old heads" I guess you could say since I grew up watching Jordan play this game. Back then,everyone wanted to be like Mike if you liked basketball....well at least a high majority did...We wore the kicks to stay in style, but we also wore thembecause Jordan wore them. It was iconic stuff that was brilliantly fresh and new....but still...most of us were fully aware of the greatness of Michael Jordanand all of his accomplishments that really set the stage in the first place to marquee the shoes...

But regardless, I think if I was still 16 again and into basketball like I am, I'd still be rocking Jordans....although I do think it's important torespect the man's on court accomplishments and educate yourselves. But this is a free country..and as long as I have my Jordans I couldn't care lesswhat any of ya'll do.
grin.gif

I was born in 94 i remember i had the cherry, bred, and obsidian 12s playoff 13s white and red 14s and carolin and white 14s grey 15s navy blue and white 16swhite and blue 18s you can remember if you actually cared about ur shoes

They just wear what's the "standard" for freshness, just like many of us did growing up. You can't really fault them for it.

The point of this thread is that 18 year old kids are trying to prove that they r legit Jordan fans because they saw him on you tube.

^^^ No... the point is, the majority of kids on NT (not all kids) are angry know-it-alls, who are either too lazy or not bright enough to read past the titleof a thread or to read a post that is more than one sentence and does not include pictures.

I'm done trying to explain this thread to all the dim-witted tweens on here who insist this thread is about bashing young people, when it is simply aboutfinding out why younger collectors buy Jordans.

I hope you all enjoy your first trip back to school on the short bus.

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

^^^ No... the point is, the majority of kids on NT (not all kids) are angry know-it-alls, who are either too lazy or not bright enough to read past the title of a thread or to read a post that is more than one sentence and does not include pictures.

I'm done trying to explain this thread to all the dim-witted tweens on here who insist this thread is about bashing young people, when it is simply about finding out why younger collectors buy Jordans.

I hope you all enjoy your first trip back to school on the short bus.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Im 17 and been in love with sneakers my whole life i understand where ur coming from but its not our fault we were not alive to see and experiance thegreatness that the jordan brand created trust me if i had a choice id live then

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

OP wasn't hoping for true insight. His smug and condescending attitude prove that.
Wrong.
roll.gif
Did you not read the first post?

Yes... many times. You are wrong, no matter how many rolling, lauging icons you put in your post. You are wrong.

Is it so impossible to even imagine that you might be wrong? That you might have misinterpreted the tone of the original post? Of course you are going toargue that it is impossible, because people on NT hate to admit when they are wrong.

I'm done being a nice guy in this thread. Read through the rest of the thread to see my numerous polite attempts to enlighten bobos like you. Theignorance, arrogance and stubbornness on this forum is stunning to me at times. You, along with half the people who posted in this thread misunderstood theOP. Period.

Back
Top Bottom