Why is Jordan Brand in such a hurry to get retros out?

I wish Jordan Brand sold shoes like they used to. One pair of retro every 2 months or so. Im not understanding why they feel the need to drop a retro or two every month. 
What are your thoughts?

Because they know the Jordans will sell. What's better than selling Jordans back to back while a bunch of hipster children out here buying each pair that is released? I don't know why they're doing it like this, but I really don't like it. I checked the quality of some of the previous release retros and all I have to say is, I'll continue to buy my shoes from here and stay out of Footlocker, Champs, etc.

With all the heat that's dropping in the next 6-8 months, you gotta wonder what do they have left that's worth retro-ing?? I'm sure there a few other colorways they could release but I doubt they'd be able to keep pace from these past few years.

JB is up 89% so far this year

Nike is only up around 30 percent

Almost everything they release is selling out, even if it's not a OG colorway.
Remember how you could easily say, I'll wait until they hit outlets?

That tells you all you need to know

you guys are all right, but the main reason for jb to release so much in so little time is because of nike's goal to 25 billion in sales by 2015

I think they gonna run out of things to retro and maybe start to re-retro things or start retro-ing Jordan 15's and up with different colorways....

JB needs the retros to offset all the team Jordans and all the other stuff sitting at the outlets.

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

JB needs the retros to offset all the team Jordans and all the other stuff sitting at the outlets.

I hate how people think that Team Jordan stuff is a failure JUST BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SELL OUT. Do Nike Hyperdunks sell out? No. Team Jordan does great, walk through a city and see how many people are wearing Jordan stuff. Retros just seem to be all they have because they sell out fast.

Because they need to capitalize on the "sneakerhead" trend right now. They're taking advantage of the fad, and are pumping as much through the pipes as possible. They keep an eye on the trend, and when it dies down, and goes back to business as usual, they'll stop over saturating.

Nike are killer businessmen. They know exactly what they're doing.

It was a lot easier to cop jordans the old way. Less people were getting robbed and/or beat up for their shoes too. Just doesnt seem right for them to release retros this way.

More money = More problems.

No doubt it was way easier to cop back in the day. Hell even like 2-3 years ago I remember getting the cherry 12s (an og colorway!) on sale from eastbay. It seems like nowadays you gotta cop on RD or right when the kicks drop online, or pay reseller prices and the cw doesnt even matter. 
The hype around Js is at an all time high with the masses and JB realizes this. They're capitalizing on this and getting as much revenue as they can. As long as they don't completely over saturate the market, more shoes releasing = more $$$ 

Originally Posted by djaward

It was a lot easier to cop jordans the old way. Less people were getting robbed and/or beat up for their shoes too. Just doesnt seem right for them to release retros this way.
More money = More problems.
The market crashed on J's

Because all these new Hollister clad "sneakerheads" have a lot of money. I predict retro Jordan's being retroed a lot more often now

It wasn't not too long ago that NT'ers were complaining about the lack of retro's being released. I swear, nike is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Not sure if people realize this, but by starting at the beginning of 2011 and through the end of 2012, every shoe I-XIV will release except II and VIII.

It's crazy.

I thought it had something to do with 2012 and the world ending but with the 1's and the 5's in 2013 it looks like they might keep this up for another year.

It all comes to a new policy of demand and supply... This what everyone wanted.... The wanted to buy ones they missed out on, relive old memories, I blatantly remember people suggest that JB do this a long time ago... Just buy what you really want

Back
Top Bottom