Why isn't anyone talking about this?: NAACP Colorado office bombed

Meth is really bestowing knowledge in this thread

His analogies and how hes relating this to everyday life is amazing

The thing I find crazy is that like 3 of these dudes are minorities

Do you not realize the peoples talking points you are parroting don't like you at all?

When its not Blacks, its Latinos, Jews, Asians, Natives, Muslims etc etc

Basically if you aren't like them you'll never be fully accepted

And I'm not talking about White people....Im talking about people who think and spew this stuff

Last edited:
There's a reason why such arguments almost always seems to be formulated in subjective, anecdotal ways.  "I had two parents and...." "MY mother always...."  "But those OTHER kids mothers...."  That's not social science.  It's gossip.  

Methodman does not even like debating but when challenged, he comes up with a money quote like this. A ruthless, truthful and laugh-worthy right hook of rhetoric is landed.

I will try to redirect this discussion toward the opening of the thread, the bombing of the NAACP in Colorado. People like Rudi Giuliani have said that criticism of the police led directly to the killing of two NYPD officers and the shooting of two more NYPD officers. The later was pure coincidence but the former may well have been the result of an anti-police narrative in the media combined with a mentally unstable person. With the said, it is likely that a mentally unstable white guy in Colorado attacked the NAACP office because of the anti-black rhetoric amongst conservatives. Listen to conservative media, you would think that Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the NAACP are the country's biggest enemies. I am surprised that black civil rights advocates are not attacked more often when one considers the rhetoric from talk radio.

Listen, the bottom line here is that ALL children deserve the best quality of education that we as a society can afford.  I believe in that, and that's why, among other things, I've written such substantive checks over the years to build schools and libraries in Nepal, Sri Lanka, Kenya, and Bangladesh, support scholarships via the UNCF and American Indian College Fund, as well as Harlem Children's Zone and Maya Angelou Schools.  It's something I'm passionate about enough to work and sacrifice for. 
nthat.gif

It is offensive because this is a thread about the bombing of an NAACP office and you're clearly trying to get across this idea that the Mayor of New York has no business forcing Black students into great schools when they don't work as hard as Asian students.  It's offensive.  

Were this a different thread, I'd go into greater depth with you.  Were this a PRIVATE MESSAGE, I'd go into greater depth with you.  I'm not interested in diverting this thread further to indulge your hobby horse.  

The "culture" argument is an offensive argument, because it boils down to "Black people don't value education, that's why they don't ____________."  The opposite, "model minority values education, that's why they're so AWESOME" is in some ways equally offensive - and I've already talked quite a bit about why that is.  

It is offensive to suggest that a diverse population all shares the same cultural values, and then, to go even further, to suggest that these values - and nothing else - account for, say, better standardized test scores.  And again, you can't say "Asian students" and then "culture" without implying that there's a COMMON culture there - and that is offensive.  It's like treating Africa as a country with a singular culture.  

In truth, we're talking about DIFFERENT groups, different outcomes, and different cultures - so what are the actual commonalities there?  Again, the book gets into some of that in greater depth than I'd care to delve into in a topic about the NAACP bombing.  

Listen, the bottom line here is that ALL children deserve the best quality of education that we as a society can afford.  I believe in that, and that's why, among other things, I've written such substantive checks over the years to build schools and libraries in Nepal, Sri Lanka, Kenya, and Bangladesh, support scholarships via the UNCF and American Indian College Fund, as well as Harlem Children's Zone and Maya Angelou Schools.  It's something I'm passionate about enough to work and sacrifice for. 

I really dislike the very proposition that we have "good schools" that are like Noah's ark, designed to deliver selected "worthy" children from poverty, and that we must then bicker among each other about who's "worthy" of that.  All children are.  ALL. 

Cultural explanations of poverty begin with narcissism.  "I made it, I'm better.  You didn't, therefore you don't deserve it.... I did... because I'm better."  We don't apply that type of social Darwinism to the playground.  "You're bullied because you're weak.  If weren't weak, the other children wouldn't pick on you.  They're just better suited to survive in the world than you are, sweetheart.  Maybe you should think about working harder at being less terrible or something."  

There's a reason why such arguments almost always seems to be formulated in subjective, anecdotal ways.  "I had two parents and...." "MY mother always...."  "But those OTHER kids mothers...."  That's not social science.  It's gossip.  
For the sake of the topic of this thread, I'll digress from continuing our discussion about education here.  As for the topic on hand, despite the op's claim that this bombing had no media coverage, I had actually read about it from various sources before even coming into this thread.  Moreover, despite the suggestion by some posters that the bombing got no coverage because of some media bias towards black people and the NAACP is completely baseless.  It just happens that the terrorist attack in France occurred, which unlike the NAACP bombing, had multiple casualities.  So of course that story is going to make headlines.

laugh.gif
meth got them waving the white flag
Ironically, you're one of the people who always tries to change the topic of a thread into some discussion about blacks.  This thread was about the NAACP bombing and meth clearly stated he'd rather not sidetrack and go into the whole education discussion here, so I'm obliging.  Meanwhile you post the following in this very same thread:
but I'll assume you all choose to be ignorant. Waiting on yall to appear in the thread of the man who threw his child over the bridge but that doesn't fit the agenda but I digress. 
What is there to say about the guy who threw his own kid off a bridge?  He's a scumbag and deserves to die.  As a parent of two young children myself, I can't fathom how ANYONE could harm their own child.  What possible agenda could there be associated with that story?  Why don't you enlighten me? 

You do realize why he recommended the book right? The question that was asked has little to do with the topic at hand so instead of straying off topic he recommended the book and he even said he would take the discussion to pms.

Yea, I pretty much stopped addressing somebody who wishes to ignore 90% of my post, which went into depth about his distorted perception on why people lack any form of respect for criminals (and why somebody respects the accomplishments of someone who "raps about" committing crimes in his early, misguided life. Who also now mostly raps and brags about what he owns, who he is, what he's accomplished despite his early adversities). Who then chooses to continue putting words in my mouth and somehow figured out a way to read a person's thoughts.

Ninjahood discussion techniques on 100.
Difference is, ninjahood never initially recommends some book to try to deflect, and ignore a question.
Early, misguided life?  Jay Z stabbed Lance "Un" Rivera in '99, well after he'd become famous.  "Hard Knock Life" wasn't exactly an underground cult classic, and "The Life and Times of S. Carter" was finished and on the verge of release.  Or were you not a fan of his back then?  

Jay Z at TWENTY NINE years of age stabs a guy in a club over suspected bootlegging: "Nobody is perfect, he grew up in the projects."

Trayvon Martin at SEVENTEEN years of age allegedly gets into an altercation with an armed vigilante:  "he had it coming."

Mike Brown at EIGHTEEN allegedly steals a box of cigarillos.... "he had it coming."  

Ninjahood logic on 100. 

What if "Un" or one of his friends had been carrying a gun and decided to shoot Jay Z that night?  "He had it coming?"  Excuse yourself. 

My initial post absolutely had to do with the topic at hand, as it dealt with the public perception of the event in question.  You can let that one go.

Did anybody put words in your mouth when you literally MOCKED this attempted bombing?  http://niketalk.com/t/616324/why-is...naacp-colorado-office-bombed/90#post_22399477

Had the gasoline ignited, lives could have been lost - as was almost certainly the intent of the bomb.  

Let the hate out.  I forgive you.

Nobody's perfect.  You grew up in privilege. 

lol@these dudes getting ethered and not even realizing it

they need to take the topic to stormfront to get the response they are looking for

Had he stabbed a police officer, he would be dead by now.
Oh, so George Zimmerman was a police officer?  

And Eric Garner... who did he stab? 

From a "let the punishment fit the crime" standpoint, you're making absolutely no sense at all. 

And don't even try to pretend your sarcasm in the aforementioned response was not an attempt to mock the severity of this bombing attempt.  Don't spit on someone and tell them it's raining. 
From recommending a book to avoid a question,
I provided more substance in addressing that off topic question than you have in this entire thread - and that's in addition to the highly pertinent book recommendation.  

But keep thinking you're doing it.

1547587_o.gif

The copious amounts of ether being displayed.
MY GOD...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom