Why Should I Remember to Put the Toilet Seat Down??? Males & Females chime in plz

Originally Posted by yarrh

whoever is sits down without looking is a filthy person anyway

u should always inspect the rim for cleanliness
You already know son:
clorox_wipes_04.jpg

Originally Posted by msDUNKtastic

Nawth.If you've left the seat down all your life.I all the sudden ask that you put it up after you finish.Don't give you a reason or anything like that.Just say your suppose to.Would you not at least wonder how that makes any sense?

Not really, I figure my habits (at least some of them) will change when I cohabitate with another person. And they did. People are weird
happy.gif
And in my experience most people give a reason for their preferences - evenif they're kind of lame reasons "well, I like it that way". You pick your battles and keep it moving, well thats how I do it anyways. Like Isaid, all jokes. But if it was worthy of an hour long argument it must be a big deal to her or something.

I have had this discussion before.....after my ex girl sat down without checking...she came at me with some crazy attitude and I came back at her with"who sits down on ANYTHING without looking at it first...thats the equivalent of me walking into the bathroom, seat and cover down, and I dont care tolook and I just start urinating....

I called her lazy and now the seat gets left up when she is at my house, every time she leaves it down she has to put a $5 bill into the vacation fund.....

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I pee in the sink anyways

Man I walked in on my roomie doing this and I about went off on him. Like come on man thats nasty, thats where I brush my teeth and %%@
sick.gif
. Dumb thing is thesink is just as far as the toilet in our bathroom. Lazy bastard.

Originally Posted by mrscampbellakasarahlee

Call me narotic, but i hate anything that is left "open" even the toilet seat (top) cover, i really don't care if its up, i do look before i sit---cause there was one time i fell in LMAO... I just don't want the dog going in and drinking the water and then comnig to me after (eeewwww!!) and I also hate cabinet doors being left open, closet doors open...it just bothers me, I have to close everything! ! !
I woulda made a "close your mouth" joke but I don't know you like that. So instead I made these three sentences alluding to saidjoke. See what I did there?

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by mrscampbellakasarahlee

Call me narotic, but i hate anything that is left "open" even the toilet seat (top) cover, i really don't care if its up, i do look before i sit---cause there was one time i fell in LMAO... I just don't want the dog going in and drinking the water and then comnig to me after (eeewwww!!) and I also hate cabinet doors being left open, closet doors open...it just bothers me, I have to close everything! ! !
I woulda made a "close your mouth" joke but I don't know you like that. So instead I made these three sentences alluding to said joke. See what I did there?

roll.gif
well put without being disrespectful. Too funny.

....and I see what you did there
wink.gif

When this argument arises I just ask them politely (using the same phrasing they used to ask me) to leave the seat up when they are finished. Any furtherarguments they present will be twisted and repeated back to them in a very pleasant tone. This continues until they get tired of arguing with a 6 yr old.

Keeping the lid completely down FTW. Can't have things falling in there.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Because it sucks stumbling into the bathroom at 3am and having your %@* fall in the toilet because the seat is up.

/thread
Basically.

Plus the size of your bathroom doesn't matter there will be toilet particles floating around your bathroom and if it's not landing on your toothbru****'s still landing on something (like your face as you lean over the toilet seat to press the flusher). Close the lid people.
I am not refusing to do this, but as stated initially I have never been taught that. Moms didnt trip. I guess I need more of a reason to do it besides "oh men have been doing for years, or thats how we did it in my home" to change a 27yr practice.

The difference here is obvious...Men dont understand why, and women expect us to do it. Lame.

I thought a reason was given. Falling in the toilet, and it's a pretty damn valid one if you ask me. Sometimes you are in a rush and you just sit w/olooking. When you live w/ someone you have to think about that other person. you face the toilet to use it so it makes sense that you would look every timeyou go. It's not that way for women.

Seems to me she did give you a reason, and that reason just "wasn't good enough" for you.

Back
Top Bottom