Why the All-Ivy League Story Stirs Up Tensions b/w African Immigrants and Black Americans

:pimp: these even younger fellas need to use these two guys for motivation.

One even coming from the hood, the family structure is strong and it shows.

Yes. Saying he's not the typical African American kid is stereotypical and offensive.

I'm not mad though. Racists and bigots are all over helping run the world.

I get mad when an injustice occurs...but the actual situation at hand is a win for dude. So it's all good
good for him but cost the seat of some intelligent white kid or something. blacks can get into ivy league schools way easier than whites which isint right either.

good for him but cost the seat of some intelligent white kid or something. blacks can get into ivy league schools way easier than whites which isint right either.

How so? Were his merits sub par in any way? (Only skimmed the article)

Not true.
yes it is. they have to fill quotas when accepting applicants so after a certain threshold of one race gets in they wont accept anymore and instead accept others, even with lower grades.

How so? Were his merits sub par in any way? (Only skimmed the article)
not him in particular but in general. Some guy I know was telling me a black kid with a 90 or a 92 average got into brown. Nobody else would even be considered with those "low" grades.

You know nothing about the kid other than the fact that he was black tho.....

You know nothing about the kid other than the fact that he was black tho.....
that's just one example. what I said is true and does not pertain to only blacks. also white, Asian etc. If you're a native American you don't even gotta show up to school and youll still end up in a decent college/university :lol:

its called reverse discrimination (I think) , look it up.

*my following post isn't intended to rustle jimmies*
First off..shout out to the kid

It's a fact that African kids tend to go harder (as far as academics) than African Americans. It's about the parents. African parents don't take NO ****. You better be in your books, and you better be doing what you need to do. African parents will threaten to send your *** back home. A hugeeee percentage of the African kids i went to high school and college with were A students and graduated to making good money.

I can kind of say the same with Carribeans as well. if your parents came from a foreign country where they didn't have a lot of opportunity. Best believe that they will drill it into your head that you NEED to do good.

Africans take the cake though.

Black Americans. A lot of them are smart. But from what I experienced, they don't have that drive/determination that a lot of their African/1st generation american counterparts have.

I heard from some folks that maybe their parents being American may give them that Cosby kid mentality, where they don't want to work for ****. Who knows

And yea, some Africans don't even like black folk. They see em as lazy
mean.gif

Yeah, why make the assumption that since someone black got into an Ivy League school they must have accomplished less and stole (like its their birth right or something) a seat from a white person.

White privilege I tell ya :lol:

Last edited:
Ivy league schools accept the best of the best from every race and ethnic group. Across the board everyone who goes to these schools is qualified to be there.  Now if you wanna talk about unfair advantages we could discuss the 100s of white kids whose parents are legacies and/ wealthy and basically pay their ways into these schools.

Accepting black people with lower grades may be true for lesser tier schools desperate for black people, but the black people who go to ivy league schools have the grades to be there.
theres two sides to it, I agree. that legacy thing is a joke also imo. but to deny that they are a little more lenient when considering the application of a person that is not only white is not true. I agree that they deserve to be there, but for example the 92 average guy shouldn't be in brown (imo) when you got a bunch of applicants with 95+averages. He did have the nyc Brooklyn tech high school degree though and I think he might've been on the football team. I never met the kid and he might even not exist (some guy was telling him about him in passing conversation) but the point is still correct.

Don't disagree...but, classic argument still classic, a) having a diverse student body is better for society b) the only way a lot if these kids will get in is through these programs because their lives are generally ****** and a ****** life equals ****** test scores.

That being said...African =\= Negro.

Yeah, why make the assumption that since someone is black they must have accomplished less and stole (like its their birth right or something) a seat from a white person.

White privilege I tell ya :lol:
im not making that assumption, its the schools that do it. I personally would hold every single race and gender to the same standard and if 100% of the accepted students happened to be of one race so be it. They best fit the criteria for getting into my school.

Don't disagree...but, classic argument still classic, a) having a diverse student body is better for society b) the only way a lot if these kids will get in is through these programs because their lives are generally ****** and a ****** life equals ****** test scores.

That being said...African =\= Negro.
yeah definitely, those are both arguments which allow for the reverse discrimination to happen (don't know if that's the proper term but you get my point).

Last edited:
Someone I know also told me of a white kid with a 3.5 average that got into Cornell. There were several white kids at my undergrad who got less impressive SAT scores than some black people I know. Minorities at ivy league schools are all qualified to be there.
theres a bunch of freak occurrences that happen all the time. People sometimes even get accepted by mistake and then get a letter of rejection a month later :lol:. Also like you said some parents buy their childrens education at these ivy schools. That might have been the case with the white kid you are talking about or he could've gotten a perfect SAT score. Like other dude here was saying it looks good when schools have diverse student bodies and a lot of schools will look the other way and accept be it black, Mexican, or any other diverse race that they don't have. For all we know there could be a predominately black school that'll accept a white guy with lower grades just to help diversify the student population.

im not making that assumption, its the schools that do it. I personally would hold every single race and gender to the same standard and if 100% of the accepted students happened to be of one race so be it. They best fit the criteria for getting into my school.
This is nice in theory, but in actuality- not so much. There was legislation passed for a reason? No? I mean, it did have to pass through Congress, and I'm sure they felt it was necessary at some point. So the issue is whether or not it needs to be amended? Hogwash.  

The Law is in place because everyone knows that certain institutions will let certain financial and ethnic demographics in based on legacy, and lack of financial need. Also enrollment in college among black students- specifically black men, is at an all time low. Look at numbers in the 1970's and 80's. There were far more black students in college. So lets not go acting like the measure isn't needed still.

Last edited:
So because one black person had a 92 average, it means every black person has a less than stellar application?  You clearly just have preconceived assumptions about black people at ivy league schools, even going as far as assuming the kid was on the football team. You're doing a fantastic job of not sounding ignorant and racist.

Yea some guy told me a story of something I already believe it, I'll bring it up in a conversation of proof to support my already established beliefs.
the guy told me he was on the football team, I didn't assume that. Im not ignorant or racist, im just not going to avoid the truth which is a lot of universities, including league schools, prefer to accept black students over white and will even take a less impressive black student then white in certain cases.

This is nice in theory, but in actuality- not so much. There was legislation passed for a reason? No? I mean, it did have to pass through Congress, and I'm sure they felt it was necessary at some point. So the issue is whether or not it needs to be amended? Hogwash.  

The Law is in place because everyone knows that certain institutions will let certain financial and ethnic demographics in based on legacy, and lack of financial need. Also enrollment in college among black students- specifically black men, is at an all time low. Look at numbers in the 1970's and 80's. There were far more black students in college. So lets not go acting like the measure isn't needed still.
at the same time a lot of the black students are given the same opportunities that others have yet choose not to go to school. @LIONBLOOD stay denying it when it is clearly true. there are financial incentives and way more scholarship programs for students that aren't white males (so ya'll don't think im picking on blacks :lol:). I happened to notice this situation because I am a white male and had a lot less options when applying to college as a result. I mean yeah its good for those other people but im in a situation where im not rich (a lot of people would even consider me lower class) yet I get treated like I am when applying to college (or even a job if/when I choose to get a tax paying job). Its annoying :lol:

Yea some guy told me a story of something I already believe it, I'll bring it up in a conversation of proof to support my already established beliefs.
Exactly 

My thing is even if  dude is real and had a 92 average that says nothing about the difficulty of the courses he took, quality of his admssions essay, leadership, service, socioeconomic status, achievements, etc.

I'm sure all Affirmative Action haters know of "someone" like this tho 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom