Will Lebron's ever be as popular as jordans

Nope. Jordan's were actually nice. Majority of Lebron lovers are consumed by the hype. His shoes are fugly

Some of you Jordan fans sound straight brainwashed:smh:, Yeah mike is G.O.A.T, the question is about sneakers. I'm 29 and grew up watching MJ play and it wasnt his shoes that hooked me(other than the XI:smokin:smokin) it was watching him win and dominate in them. If we just talk the jordan signature line 1-10 and lebron 1-10 and ignore the hype and legendary moments, then we can have a serious discussion about shoe design, quality, and tech. In terms of will Lebron line being bigger than jordan........it all depends on Nike marketing and if they can brainwash a generation like Jordan did :nerd:

on another note if we just talk design and tech Huarache 2k4,2k5, Kobe 1-6 > than jordan&lebron 1>8. If kobe didnt get that rape charge and would have market the huarache 2k4 as the Kobe 1 like nike intended to do:x or if lebron would have stayed in cleveland and one the chip:x I honestly wish Kobe and Lebron would get the same kind marketing love MJ got, so somebody can take the torch and put his brand to rest

Nope. Jordan's were actually nice. Majority of Lebron lovers are consumed by the hype. His shoes are fugly
you could say the same thing about jordan.. a lot of the new stuff isnt hype?.. all jordans are nice?... hell i could name a lot of them that i think are ugly..
2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 22, 19, 17, 15, 9, 8, 2... and lets not get started on the fusions and spizikes...

Last edited:
jordans were on da brink of being washed up by da time homie retired in 1994...i remember coppin I,II,III's for 20 bucks each.

barkleys were da new kid in town.

i say if jordans dont start going up market by da next generation they gonna lose da youngins coming up now.

I don't think anything will top the Jordan Nike basketball line. There's an emotional attachment to them even today, and the marketing scheme behind the line was/is incredible. The signature line is more than just shoes, it's the epitome of greatness.

Thats because sneaker culture was as mainstream as it was today. Everybody is into sneakers nowadays.
Thank You.

Anyways, I copp what I like I dont care about popularity or ANYTHING else. point blank period.

Im Just saying I personally only liked the Lebron 9. They are the only 1's I own. I like 4's also but I dont have any.  7's cool too.

I bought them all for my son since he was born. He has almost every colorway of Lebrons since 09 when he was born. I rarely buy my son Jays, maybe only like 1 pair,lol idk I never even thought about popularity at the time.

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, Jordans have much more casual appeal. Lebrons look great to hoop or with shorts but with jeans look plain corny.

Jordan started with CLASSICS from the 1's on.. can you really say that about the Lebrons??
Im not really a fan of the lebrons but I do agree with OPs comment about Lebron being to their generation what Jordan was to ours
I say if Lebron continues to match the hype, he'll have a good chance.. only time will tell

What was classic about the Air Jordan II? Shoe was ugly then and ugly now. If that was lebron signature shoe, yall would have clowned him.
I'm not saying they're not ugly, but the original pairs were made in Italy. I'm quite sure they were the only pairs of Air Jordans made in Italy (Aside from PEs and Samples - I haven't read anything about these being made in Italy though). I had a pair of the White/Red color way; from what I remember, it had good quality for a pair of sneakers released in 1986. 

And to answer the question, no, not as of today. But if they can get Tinker to tinker up some great styles and color ways, who knows - LeBron's career isn't even over yet. Consequently, with the growing amount of people starting to become "Sneaker heads," it can probably happen - but I doubt it. Aside from the 4s, 8s, 9s and 10s - the LeBron signature line isn't aesthetically pleasing. 

Air Jordan Is > Lebron Is

Air Jordan IIs > Lebron IIs

Air Jordan IIIs > Lebron IIIs

Air Jordan IVs > Lebron IVs

Air Jordan Vs > Lebron Vs

Air Jordan VIs > Lebron VIs

Air Jordan VIIs > Lebron VIIs

Air Jordan VIIIs > Lebron VIIIs

Air Jordan IXs < Lebron IXs

Air Jordan Xs > Lebron Xs

Yeah, I said it.

lebron's potentially could be as popular...

my favorite Lebron is the VII. So much potential in colorways that Nike and Lebron didn't want to release smh. The heroe's pack, the HWC's, the black/pink breast cancer's, the hyperfuse versions, :smh::smh::smh::smh:

then the 8's, zoom gen 1's, 4's, 9's, Soldier 1,

Air Jordan IXs Lebron Xs

Yeah, I said it.

Wait a minute..........You would rather have a pair of Jordan II's than a pair of Lebron II's?

Yeah, I said it.
Wait a minute..........You would rather have a pair of Jordan II's than a pair of Lebron II's?
Who wouldnt?

Bron's II's are trash

im not saying the lebron 2 is the greatest shoe ever, but when you compare it to the jordan 2 its pretty interesting to me that some people would rather have the jordan 2.

I guess in 5 years........................... Jordan 15> Lebron 15. LMAO

Jordans were all over main stream television and hollywood movies.

From Family matter. 

To the Cosby show.

The parent hood.

Fresh Prince

The Jamie Fox Show.

Martin

My Wife And Kids

Moesha

Smart Guy

All these great shows had cast members wearing Jordans. Countless more.

Plenty of Movies, Do the right thing, He got game, White men can't Jump.  I wont even name all of them. Even John Goodman and Tim Allen were wearing Jays in Movies.

Who TF cares about Lebrons??? They are not and NEVERRRRR will be an iconic shoe. EVER. Neither will Lebron James himself.

Is this even a question?

Last edited:
Brons could be better if they would stick to one price point and not have 3 versions of a shoe come out.

Last edited:
The crazy thing about Jordans is that Jordan hasn't played in 10 years, yet his sneakers only seem to be becoming more popular.  People that don't even care about basketball go crazy over his shoes.  Not sure we will ever be able to say the same about LeBrons.  Jordans were pretty revolutionary.

Yeah, I said it.

The VII & VIIIs are the only Lebrons up there with any Jordan model

However, I am curious what they're gonna do with the Lebron XI cuz they say the Jordan XI is Lebron's favorite shoe, so they're gonna try to make it look like it.

Back
Top Bottom