Will the NBA ever have another Blue Collar Champion like DET?

^Aside from that, I always felt there was just a horrible chemistry between all the egos on that team. All bad, any way you carve it. I hated Shaq's conditioning something fierce that year. Dude just ain't give a fudge.
mad.gif

Blue collar just confuses what I think most of us are talking about here: teams that aren't a collection of stars. The Spurs were as close to that since old school Detroit (not Billups Detroit). OKC could be that. Portland could be that. The Bucks are getting closer to that.

Blue collar just confuses what I think most of us are talking about here: teams that aren't a collection of stars. The Spurs were as close to that since old school Detroit (not Billups Detroit). OKC could be that. Portland could be that. The Bucks are getting closer to that.

Ben Wallace was a top 5 center at the time. Billups though...was NOT a top-5 PG. He was an under-the-radar scoring guard at that point in his career, similar to Jason Terry's early days w/ the Mavs or Mo Williams w/ the Bucks. It wasn't until after the Finals that he became more of a passer and started becoming one of the best PGs in the league. Kidd, Nash, Marbury, Baron, and even Francis were considered ahead of him at the time. And I know Francis gets a lot of hate for being a ball-stopper but his scoring potential was legit

That was a fun team to watch though. They played a boring style but they made it look fun; plus the atmosphere in the Palace was always great.

Ben Wallace was a top 5 center at the time. Billups though...was NOT a top-5 PG. He was an under-the-radar scoring guard at that point in his career, similar to Jason Terry's early days w/ the Mavs or Mo Williams w/ the Bucks. It wasn't until after the Finals that he became more of a passer and started becoming one of the best PGs in the league. Kidd, Nash, Marbury, Baron, and even Francis were considered ahead of him at the time. And I know Francis gets a lot of hate for being a ball-stopper but his scoring potential was legit

That was a fun team to watch though. They played a boring style but they made it look fun; plus the atmosphere in the Palace was always great.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

This Bucks team will be considered a Blue Collar Champion when they win it this year or next.  Bogut, Jennings, Salmons, Illyasova Mbah a Moute, Delfino, Gooden, CDR, Sanders, Maggette... 

have fun with maggette

what does this mean?

This Bucks team will be considered a Blue Collar Champion when they win it this year or next.  Bogut, Jennings, Salmons, Illyasova Mbah a Moute, Delfino, Gooden, CDR, Sanders, Maggette... 

have fun with maggette

what does this mean?

I never thought those days would ever go away, but I miss em....it was just magical!

2004 was great!!! I was just happy we made it to the finals but never thought the Lakers were going down, especially that easily....

2005 raised my blood pressure, those finals had too much screaming....first time I really felt heartbreak

I never thought those days would ever go away, but I miss em....it was just magical!

2004 was great!!! I was just happy we made it to the finals but never thought the Lakers were going down, especially that easily....

2005 raised my blood pressure, those finals had too much screaming....first time I really felt heartbreak

Detroit was defitnely Blue Collar. But Ben Wallace was their biggest star. He was a rising star in the league at that time.

The closest thing now to Detroit back in 04' is.... Milwaukee maybe..

Detroit was defitnely Blue Collar. But Ben Wallace was their biggest star. He was a rising star in the league at that time.

The closest thing now to Detroit back in 04' is.... Milwaukee maybe..

Originally Posted by f3DJam

have fun with maggette

what does this mean?

Racking up points on his license. (I think
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by f3DJam

have fun with maggette

what does this mean?

Racking up points on his license. (I think
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's cool and all...but I still maintain that they won that series because of the turmoil within the Lakers.

You could just see that there were problems that went beyond basketball throughout that entire series.
indifferent.gif

*+%@# #$%@ you.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's cool and all...but I still maintain that they won that series because of the turmoil within the Lakers.

You could just see that there were problems that went beyond basketball throughout that entire series.
indifferent.gif

*+%@# #$%@ you.

Back
Top Bottom