Women and Men can't be friends? vol. why not NT?

Yea I get that but I just feel rules/guidelines need to be set when the relationship starts. I am not cool with my woman hanging out 1-on-1 with a dude. You can call it insecure if you chose to but that doesn't sit well with me. I won't sit back and act like everything is cool. I will simply let her know that I am not cool with that foolishness.

There's nothing wrong with setting rules. The most successful relationships have rules. I have rules in mine.

however, let me get this straight your girl that you love and trust dearly is "prohibited" from going out to lunch, conventions, and events with any other guy that's not you or family related?

Last edited:
Some of yall dudes need to step up the pipe game. If you hitting that right, it don't matter who else she kicking it with (unless she a floozy).

j/k, but not really.

There's nothing wrong with setting rules. The most successful relationships have rules. I have rules in mine.

however, let me get this straight your girl that you love and trust dearly is "prohibited" from going out to lunch, conventions, and events with any other guy that's not you or family related?
Define conventions and events.....

"you have to combine this with that but "this" cannot be disturbed.

/thread.

Last edited:
Define conventions and events.....

Conventions and events, a gathering of individuals who meet at an arranged place and time in order to discuss or engage in some common interest (according to wikipedia).

My girl goes to many medical conventions as she's a nurse, and unfortunately i have no interest in that. However, one of her best friends who is also a nurse likes to attend the same convention.

If i went i'de be a bore, i'de probably rush her, and would ultimately ruin her experience. Chances are she'd probably have a better time at the convention with her friend as they both share this particular interest.

You wouldn't allow that?

Last edited:
I slept with this one girl only to get over that "feelings" part.  

I'm now best friends with her and nothing more.  She trusts me with everrryything which I find really strange for some reason because I'm not at that point yet.

Sometimes I just want to make move on her just to see what would happen but I know thats just the dog in me.  I use that energy on other chicks now.

Point is, if you lose that "feelings" part for a girl you CAN be friends with her, why not? 

to me, the ultimate relationship would be where there is no jealousy on either side

there is much more to being a partner than *****ing about your insecurities
but we are all human........

Last edited:
they can be friends... only if youre beta and dont mind getting friendzoned :rofl:

if the chick got a lot of "guy friends" best believe they smashing while you tryna be a nice guy getting no yambs :lol:

Last edited:
Pick a girl you like and try being a friend to her.

Tell us how it goes.

I would NEVER try to be friends with a chick I was attracted to, or had feelings for. But I got a couple girls I know that are just good conversation.

I've only read the first page so far, but I'll offer my opinion. Not every girl who has mostly male friends is bad news. But when that red flag starts to align with other red flags like a communist parade, then you've got a girl that's bad news. Here's an example of the last girl I dated:

Has mostly male friends (Ok, nothing I haven't dealt with before)
Doesn't get along with girls/only has a few female friends (hmmm)
Says she used to be a big flirt and girls in HS didn't like her (suspect)
Admitted to cheating with a "friend" in last relationship (BAD)
Is always texting people, probably guys, on her phone (BAD)

Run away fast if you see this pattern.

From my experiences, women who don't have alot of other women friends is for the simple fact that they cannot be trusted around their bf/husband. JOs will always try to reach for a compliment or a flirt to make them feel secure.

They have guy friends because they enjoy the attention of being wanted by at least one of the guys in the group, if not ALL.

Basically , if they don't have any girlfriends but alot of guy friends, it's for a reason.

STAY AWAY

This man knows. In all honesty, I have female friends. Every single one of them is either wifed up with a friend of mine or just not attractive to me. If I meet an attractive single female I am going to try and smidash. Whether she if wife'ums material or not will be revealed over due time. But best believe all my female friends are not attractive to me. If I have a woman in my bedroom, 90% chance I'm going to make a move.

I've only read the first page so far, but I'll offer my opinion. Not every girl who has mostly male friends is bad news. But when that red flag starts to align with other red flags like a communist parade, then you've got a girl that's bad news. Here's an example of the last girl I dated:

Has mostly male friends (Ok, nothing I haven't dealt with before)
Doesn't get along with girls/only has a few female friends (hmmm)
Says she used to be a big flirt and girls in HS didn't like her (suspect)
Admitted to cheating with a "friend" in last relationship (BAD)
Is always texting people, probably guys, on her phone (BAD)

Run away fast if you see this pattern.

This makes sense. A lot of the people in here are buggin.

I would NEVER try to be friends with a chick I was attracted to, or had feelings for. But I got a couple girls I know that are just good conversation.

I suppose this is how I differ from most guys. Though I've only done it once, I've stopped flirting with a girl partly so that I could be friends with her and pick up pointers and tips mostly because she had a bf and was in a serious relationship. SMH cuz she broke up with him not too long after I left the country. In truth the most attractive female friend I have is a 7 (an 8-9 on her best days). So yes at times I think about those things but I respect my friendships so I keep "this", "this" word to seinfeld.

Last edited:
:lol: @ giving another person "rules" on how to live.

If people want to cheat they will, you trying to restrict their life won't help them stay commuted if they don't want to be.

Guys and girls can be friends I guess but not "best friends" or something like that

damn, you guys some insecure dudes.
Nah man, guys are scumbags. 9 times out of 10 if you're talking to a girl outside of work/family/etc, you're trying to get inside the sugarwalls. You dudes can deny it all you want, but you know damn well if youre best female friend wanted to smash you wouldn't hesitate. Especially cause NT has the type of dudes that won't even look at an ugly chick, let alone be friends with one.

Back
Top Bottom