Women's sized Jordans? UPDATE 12/2/2014 - JB Extends Womens Sizes to a SZ 11 WMNS

Should bigger sizes in Women's Jordans be released again?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
7y would be a kids size. I doubt they would designate any of the womens sizes with 7y. Good question though

I think they would. You have to realize that some of the kids today have bigger feet that go beyond a 7Y. They should have known that a long time ago and kept the womens sizes, so far they have been designating the bigger sizes with GS. You also have to look at the fact that they are only going up to a size 11 in womens. Previous Jordans I think went up to a size 13. I will be doing a lot of copping next year, I look forward to it. :D

Yeah, but they arent going after kids for this line. I wouldnt expect to see GS or youth in the labeling. Its a "womens" line. So most likey be designated by womens sizes. Of course women or big kids can wear them, but GS (BG) or Y wasnt a womens shoe label.

At least I dobt remember it being called GS back then. I dont have any old womens pairs to lookup how they sized them back then. If they did, with GS sizes already exisitng, I cant see them using it again for womens lines

Yeah, but they arent going after kids for this line. I wouldnt expect to see GS or youth in the labeling. Its a "womens" line. So most likey be designated by womens sizes. Of course women or big kids can wear them, but GS (BG) or Y wasnt a womens shoe label.

At least I dobt remember it being called GS back then. I dont have any old womens pairs to lookup how they sized them back then. If they did, with GS sizes already exisitng, I cant see them using it again for womens lines

when Nike made the announcement, they talked about kids when their feet outgrow the GS size range. They said it's an expansion, and they have it labeled as a 9.5GS, so I'm assuming JB is making this move to cater to those kids, but women as well. They have kids modeling in the pictures so I'm assuming it was to target kids initially, but he targets some women as well who wear beyond a GS sized shoe.

Ah. Got cha.

Not sure i like that as much, I was hoping for a TRUE womens line. This "big kids" thing makes me think they are intended to make kids shoes to fit both big kids and women and not a womens shoe that has the same quality as a mens shoe.

They already have some GS (kids) only models CW. I guess there are a few GG CWs too. But give me models targeted at WOMEN JB! No performance shortcuts, no cheap materials, no fake carbon fiber on my 11s!! Women & girls ball too JB![emoji]128548[/emoji]
Ok, im done with my mini rant :lol:

Also Ive been waiting to see a Maya Moore sig shoe hit the market! :\

Last edited:
Ah. Got cha.

Not sure i like that as much, I was hoping for a TRUE womens line. This "big kids" thing makes me think they are intended to make kids shoes to fit both big kids and women and not a womens shoe that has the same quality as a mens shoe.

They already have some GS (kids) only models CW. I guess there are a few GG CWs too. But give me models targeted at WOMEN JB! No performance shortcuts, no cheap materials, no fake carbon fiber on my 11s!! Women & girls ball too JB![emoji]128548[/emoji]
Ok, im done with my mini rant :lol:

Also Ive been waiting to see a Maya Moore sig shoe hit the market! :\

I've been saying that for the longest about Maya Moore. Those girls in the pics were also modeling JB apparel, he did have an apparel line for women but got rid of that too. Maybe he will bring that back.

I've been saying that for the longest about Maya Moore. Those girls in the pics were also modeling JB apparel, he did have an apparel line for women but got rid of that too. Maybe he will bring that back.

JB has been ignoring a whole demographic --sigh-- did they not research the numbers when they did Lisa Leslie and Cynthia Cooper signature shoes? I swear in 1999 every team we played, including our own team, wore a women's Sig. Also, the women's apparel could be endorsed by someone like Allyson Felix.

I don´t think anything will change with the releases in a full size range. It just means the GS only kicks will be expanded to a 9.5 (which is nice because I could fit these..). But don´t expect "normal" releases to consider 9.5 a GS size and drop in price.

I don´t think anything will change with the releases in a full size range. It just means the GS only kicks will be expanded to a 9.5 (which is nice because I could fit these..). But don´t expect "normal" releases to consider 9.5 a GS size and drop in price.

they are obviously considering the GS sizes, even with the expansion as a GS sized price. When Nike released the info, the main thing they were talking about was girls outgrowing a 7Y and not being able to buy the shoes anymore, which is the reason for the expansion. I thought they would come out with the women's line instead of just releasing an expansion, but I'm cool with them expanding the sizes at least up to an women's 11.

So THIS is where all the ladies are? NICE. Can we change the title of the thread to Official Jordan GS Updated Sizing or something? Personally I'm VERY excited about this and the colors look a lot nicer than they did in 06-08. I sent quite a few complaints to Nike about abandoning these.  

Anyway, let's get right into it. I've observed a few things...

1. There will be GS exclusive J's than shown in the original press release (We already know the MTM 7's will get new GS sizing as well as the BHM Jordan 1 GS).

2. They aren't labeled as women's sizes. They're basically mens sizes with a Y next to the size on the box so you'll still have to know your men's size.

So what's everyone copping first? I want the Mint X's and the Jordan 1's with the rainbow soles.
No release date but I really want these!
Exactly.

All of these are just ok to me. I'll be skipping all 3 releases.
Are you also a female? If so, I'm glad to see so many here. If not, I can understand why you don't like these.

My GS wants for right now are the Jordan X Mint with the 23 on the side

the fruity pebble 1's

citrus 11

and these 4's.

January 17th Release

February 7th Release

No release date but I really want these!

Are you also a female? If so, I'm glad to see so many here. If not, I can understand why you don't like these.

My GS wants for right now are the Jordan X Mint with the 23 on the side

the fruity pebble 1's

citrus 11

and these 4's.
I am female. The Jordan X Mints are nice. I would put those on the list to get with these reflective 4s.

I am female. The Jordan X Mints are nice. I would put those on the list to get with these reflective 4s.
Makes sense. Yeah, I love loud colors so the ones that are the brightest and the boldest will probably be the ones I want the most.

Back
Top Bottom