Working a 9-5 sucks hOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS

I laugh at the idea of "I'd rather be homeless." Dudes really have no concept of what homelessness actually entails :rofl:

My job is boring as **** though :smh:

WhActs funny is, if he were broke and homeless, he'd still be doing the same thing everyday.

And not getting paid for it.

Everything is all peaches and cream until you HAVE TO WORK. Responsibility is one hell of a thing children,mortgage,electricity, car payments etc. No work=no money=no home, how in the hell can people not want to work and support themselves/habits is beyond me. Nobody truly wants to work 40 hours a week for the next 30 years of their life but those are the sacrifices you must make to become a man, set a foundation for your children to live a better life then you did. Hell I work road construction for my local county, my job truly sucks. But I'm not planing to work the rest of my life in this Texas heat, I took the job because it was a guaranteed 40 hours, full health insurance, and a 2 to 1 retirement plan. The thing wrong with my generation is nobody wants to work hard are hustle to get ahead, most want that fast gratification given to them. Rather than starting from the ground up and taking what they want. Well I'll tell you this sometimes you gotta take that **** job to get ahead in life,don't expect anything in life to be given to you go out and earn it.
Was with you till I read this nonsense.

Last edited:
Everything is all peaches and cream until you HAVE TO WORK. Responsibility is one hell of a thing children,mortgage,electricity, car payments etc. No work=no money=no home, how in the hell can people not want to work and support themselves/habits is beyond me. Nobody truly wants to work 40 hours a week for the next 30 years of their life but those are the sacrifices you must make to become a man, set a foundation for your children to live a better life then you did. Hell I work road construction for my local county, my job truly sucks. But I'm not planing to work the rest of my life in this Texas heat, I took the job because it was a guaranteed 40 hours, full health insurance, and a 2 to 1 retirement plan. The thing wrong with my generation is nobody wants to work hard are hustle to get ahead, most want that fast gratification given to them. Rather than starting from the ground up and taking what they want. Well I'll tell you this sometimes you gotta take that **** job to get ahead in life,don't expect anything in life to be given to you go out and earn it.

What's wrong with what he said?

There are tons of people who are like that

there were tons of people like that in every generation.

Difference is they were able to find a well paying career in the back of a newspaper in the wanted ads.

If you're an average millineal that secured a job, you've worked 3 times harder than the average person from previous generations in the job hunt process

#comeatme

Last edited:

Difference is they were able to find a well paying career in the back of a newspaper in the wanted ads.

If you're an average millineal that secured a job, you've worked 3 times harder than the average person from previous generations in the job hunt process

#comeatme

Naw, you right. It was definitely easier to find and land good work back in the day.

You could land a great job without a college degree, and with one, even better.

My parents moved up to DC after college in the 80's and came into the federal government easy. Damn near impossible right now.

No denying your point, but where in the original quote was he comparing this generation to any other? That is a problem out generation has. Especially in these times when finding a good job is this hard in many places. You'd think with that, it would push more young people to try to find something and work hard for it.

#comebackatmedoe

Last edited:

#comeatme
So it really is true that. Way back when all you needed was a hs diploma and you were "set"?

Pretty much the way I've been looking at it. I've considered changing my major so many times me and my academic adviser thought it would just be better to go undecided and wait until im forced to declare.. (2 weeks
mean.gif
)

I've worked long hours at all types of jobs and I know for a fact doing the 9-5 jig Mon-Fri for years on end is just not something im cut out to do, regardless of field.

I'd rather be confined to my house for an entire year with no social interaction coming up with a bomb product that would set me up for life than let the years go by slowly watching my soul drain away.

Sailing out not selling out word to Jhene Aiko.
Such a dumb post
roll.gif

Working 9-5 now and it's not bad at all. Got a job within my major, so im never really bored at any point.

Throw in the paychecks and that job security + benefits...
nthat.gif

Last edited:
switched to four ten hour days...thought it would make it easier, but starting to feel the same...my work is finished relatively quickly, but i can't do anything else besides just sit here...ughhhhh

"Keep grinding boy your life can change in 1 year" probably the realest line J Cole ever wrote.
I could attest to that.

Last year I graduated from college, BA in Psychology, with an acceptance letter to pursue an MA in School Psych at my Alma Mater, with a Graduate Assistance job lined up at the start of the semester. Everyone around me told me how proud they were of me, but something inside felt off. I took a job offer working at this group home for intellectually disabled senior citizens (in retrospect, mainly to keep my girlfriend' quiet about not having money). I ended up quitting that job after a month (it just wasn't my thing), then I got caught up working at lab that my friend's girlfriend's mom supervised, another situation that wasn't aligned with where I was at the time. I quit that job after a month. 

I was going crazy throughout the summer, I caught heat from everyone around me, family calling me a quitter, my girlfriend thinking I'm lazy, every day felt like a new fight. Long story short, I finished up my first year of with a 3.8, and making arrangements to pursue PhD in the near future. It's kind of crazy how many things happened in just the span of a year, sometimes I feel like I have every right to look at my love ones funny for doubting, but I'll be damned if anyone is going to stop me from doing what I want and what's best.

i'm not writing this to tell you to drop what your doing immediately and go to school, that isn't an option for any and everyone in this stage in life. School Psych is what I believe in, and i'm willing to take the challenge to become it. I'm writing this to let you know this is going to be the time of your life with the most uncertainty, and if you don't channel your soul and do what you want to do, the world will swallow you and make you as insecure as those around you. Keep your mind on your goals. I believe in you. 
pimp.gif

P.S. Quite frankly, anybody who's kicking that "youngsters have no work ethic" nonsense needs to  recognize what is going on in society. Never in history has the youth of America have to concern themselves with the big wigs exploiting them. 15,000$ could have gotten you a car, pay off your house, and still put food on the table in the same month.  

Last edited:

It's true to an extent.

there's a group of young cats that are really grinding for theirs..and the others are lazy and more concerned with what's poppin' in social media.

I'm working that 9-5 life now, it's cool.

My job isn't too strict though. I can surf whatever I want as long as it's SFW and I work pretty close to home. Only about a 15 minute drive now compared to my last job that was close to an hour away.

I have weekends off, and I can get back to my side hobby/gig web development.

I don't feel stressed at work, and I don't feel like every off day is a day full of laziness and sleep. When you stress at work your off days seem so quick because you pretty much waste them.

At some point I would like to still take over full time as a developer, but I'm cool for now.

No 9 to 5, got a nice job thats 8 to 4, it pays dumb good, and I am in a environment where I can't complain, I love this **** bro

switched to four ten hour days...thought it would make it easier, but starting to feel the same...my work is finished relatively quickly, but i can't do anything else besides just sit here...ughhhhh

I did that for a while and couldnt take it.

In past generations a college degree used to mean you were set

Now that's just the beginning. I don't think our generation is necessarily lazier but many just don't realize/accept that it's different now

I don't feel stressed at work, and I don't feel like every off day is a day full of laziness and sleep. When you stress at work your off days seem so quick because you pretty much waste them.
I'm stressed because with my current project, I don't have enough to do and my office's structure siloed so I'm not allowed to hop on other projects... 

lots of people think my job is great but it sucks for me...i enjoy a fast-paced, high energy environments that make work fly by instead of this paint drying on the wall type of atmosphere I'm in now

Last edited:

I'm stressed because with my current project, I don't have enough to do and my office's structure siloed so I'm not allowed to hop on other projects... 

lots of people think my job is great but it sucks for me...i enjoy a fast-paced, high energy environments that make work fly by instead of this paint drying on the wall type of atmosphere I'm in now

That's that double edged sword that comes with that work life.

I like for the day to move by fast too, so lots of activity helps. Especially when NT is dry :lol:

What do you do? If you don't mind me asking.

Naw, you right. It was definitely easier to find and land good work back in the day.

You could land a great job without a college degree, and with one, even better.

My parents moved up to DC after college in the 80's and came into the federal government easy. Damn near impossible right now.

No denying your point, but where in the original quote was he comparing this generation to any other? That is a problem out generation has. Especially in these times when finding a good job is this hard in many places. You'd think with that, it would push more young people to try to find something and work hard for it.

#comebackatmedoe

#atyouIwillnotcome

I brought up other generations because I don't think they'd flourish if they were set in today's workspace...

So it really is true that. Way back when all you needed was a hs diploma and you were "set"?

of course you weren't set. You still had to show up everyday and do your job...

My girl's grandpop... Famb worked as a janitor at an eye glass factory, and eventually moved into running the machine's that make the glasses...

Dropped out of high school... He was able to cop a home that they live in today. It's very nice too.

You think a lot of high school dropouts can go get a job as a janitor and afford to buy a home? much less somebody give them the loan to do so...

When you graduating with a degree back in the 60s to 80s, and even to the mid 90s.. you were normally placed in managment roles, or on a fast track. My old coworker graduated from UT Tyler in 98... Had 3 offers, included one from HP and one from a regional bank here in da souf...

He also worked over the summer at a grocery store to pay for his tuition for the entire year.. :lol:

Who the **** can work a summer and knock out tuition?

It's true to an extent.

there's a group of young cats that are really grinding for theirs..and the others are lazy and more concerned with what's poppin' in social media.

Just like in every part of the world all throughout time.

now they just have an outlet for their laziness that can be broadcasted for others to see.

I like for the day to move by fast too, so lots of activity helps. Especially when NT is dry
laugh.gif

I create content and do quality control and data management for databases...lots of universities and government agencies use them...but like i mentioned, this project is struggling to move along and shows no signs of picking up...

ive worked for this company for a while and never liked or really cared for it, but the convenience kept me in (i know, i know 
mean.gif
)...i can work from home or anywhere that has a wifi connection, really...its just NOT stimulating enough

Last edited:
I create content and do quality control and data management for databases...lots of universities and government agencies use them...but like i mentioned, this project is struggling to move along and shows no signs of picking up...

ive worked for this company for a while and never liked or really cared for it, but the convenience kept me in (i know, i know :smh: )...i can work from home or anywhere that has a wifi connection, really...its just stimulating enough

Interesting I thought about getting into QC and/or data management stuff. But right now, just like you, my job is bone dry and as slow as molasses.

I like for the day to move by fast too, so lots of activity helps. Especially when NT is dry :lol:

ive worked for this company for a while and never liked or really cared for it, but the convenience kept me in (i know, i know :smh: )...i can work from home or anywhere that has a wifi connection, really...its just NOT stimulating enough

Damn. So even if you're home, you have to be accessible and near the computer.

But they don't have anything for you to do right now :smh: :lol:

That's the one thing in afraid of if I get a chance to work from home, or have a gig like yours.

Find a hobby or something fam :lol:
Burn those hours by doing something that interests you. In my situation, if I had a job like yours, I'd work on some websites or something. But since I'm here being monitored at my job, I'm pretty much stuck.

Find a hobby or something fam
laugh.gif

Burn those hours by doing something that interests you. In my situation, if I had a job like yours, I'd work on some websites or something. But since I'm here being monitored at my job, I'm pretty much stuck.
unfortunately for me, if I'm trying to learn something, its easier if I have somewhere to go and have someone to teach to me, self learning just doesn't stick...in college, i was the person that showed up to class and office hours, instead of only doing the readings 
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

The anxiety sucks.  But what are you gonna do?  Ask mom and dad?  Generation soft now, generation hiding behind excuses.  Of course it sucks, but you have to make a living some how.

The anxiety sucks.  But what are you gonna do?  Ask mom and dad?  Generation soft now, generation hiding behind excuses.  Of course it sucks, but you have to make a living some how.

No disrespect,

But that might be the dumbest thing I've read on NT in days.

Back
Top Bottom