World Cup Group "C" and "D" Discussion Thread. Serbia vs Ghana. Australia vs Germany

[h4]Group C
[/h4][table][tr][td][table][tr][th=""]
Team

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:2010_FIFA_World_Cup_Group_C&action=edit
[/th][th=""]Pld[/th][th=""]W[/th][th=""]T
[/th][th=""]L[/th][th=""]GF[/th][th=""]GA[/th][th=""]GD[/th][th=""]Pts[/th][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
 England[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
 United States[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png
 Algeria[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png
 Slovenia[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][h4]Group D[/h4][table][tr][td][table][tr][th=""]
Team
[/th][th=""]Pld[/th][th=""]W[/th][th=""]T
[/th][th=""]L[/th][th=""]GF[/th][th=""]GA[/th][th=""]GD[/th][th=""]Pts[/th][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
 Germany[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
 Australia[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png
 Serbia[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png
 Ghana[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Group C Schedule

[table]Group C[tr][td]Match[/td][td]Date Time(ET)
[/td][td]Venue[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Results[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]12/06 14:30[/td][td]Rustenburg [/td][td] [/td][td]England[/td][td]Background[/td][td]USA[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]13/06 07:30[/td][td]Polokwane [/td][td] [/td][td]Algeria[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Slovenia[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]18/06 10:00[/td][td]Johannesburg - JEP[/td][td] [/td][td]Slovenia[/td][td]Background[/td][td]USA[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]18/06 14:30[/td][td]Cape Town [/td][td] [/td][td]England[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Algeria[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]37[/td][td]23/06 10:00[/td][td]Nelson Mandela Bay/Port Elizabeth [/td][td] [/td][td]Slovenia[/td][td]Background[/td][td]England[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]38[/td][td]23/06 10:00[/td][td]Tshwane/Pretoria [/td][td] [/td][td]USA[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Algeria[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Group D Schedule

[table]Group D[tr][td]Match[/td][td]Date Time(ET)
[/td][td]Venue[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Results[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]13/06 14:30[/td][td]Durban [/td][td] [/td][td]Germany[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Australia[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]13/06 10:00[/td][td]Tshwane/Pretoria [/td][td] [/td][td]Serbia[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Ghana[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]18/06 07:30[/td][td]Nelson Mandela Bay/Port Elizabeth [/td][td] [/td][td]Germany[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Serbia[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]19/06 10:00[/td][td]Rustenburg [/td][td] [/td][td]Ghana[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Australia[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]39[/td][td]23/06 14:30[/td][td]Johannesburg - JSC[/td][td] [/td][td]Ghana[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Germany[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]40[/td][td]23/06 14:30[/td][td]Nelspruit [/td][td] [/td][td]Australia[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Serbia[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by needsomejays

i just got a job and now i cant watch the us v england game
mad.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif
what if you got a nose bleed on saturday that wouldn't stop bleeding for a couple hours
laugh.gif

that excuse works, try it

Going to root for US in this tournament as if it were ES out there
pimp.gif

Germany-Serbia to get out of the other group.

The USA’s World Cup squad will share a bonus pot of more than $20m (£13.8m) if they defy the odds to win the tournament in South Africa this summer. The potential payout is the most lucrative confirmed bonus scheme in the history of the tournament and could net the 23 players involved $895,000 (£617,332) each should they triumph. [...]

The USA’s massive bonus deal has been agreed in secret as part of the most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The CBA dictates pay levels and working conditions applicable in Major League Soccer and for the USA international team.[...]

If the USA win the World Cup, then US Soccer is committed to putting as much as 66.4 per cent of the prize earnings ($20.6m of $31m) straight into the players’ pockets.

If the players flop, they will get just 20 per cent of US Soccer’s earnings, or $1.8m from $9m. (In addition to the $8m minimum for being in the group phase, each nation gets $1m “preparation

I have to work until 5:30 that day.  I just heard about Sprint letting people watch the game on their phone.  Kinda tempted to go out and get a Sprint phone for a month lol.

I have to work until 5:30 that day.  I just heard about Sprint letting people watch the game on their phone.  Kinda tempted to go out and get a Sprint phone for a month lol.

ESPN just reported that Rio Ferdinand is out of the world cup after hurting his knee in training.

Can't lie, don't watch much soccer at all, and don't really understand some of it.....but I try to watch every time the US team plays. Really enjoy it for some reason.

LET'S GO!!!!

usa.gif

Can't lie, don't watch much soccer at all, and don't really understand some of it.....but I try to watch every time the US team plays. Really enjoy it for some reason.

LET'S GO!!!!

usa.gif

USA vs Australia coming up in about an hour...with the Drogba/Ferdinand injuries wonder if either teams are gonna hold players out

anyway two of my fav players Cahill and Dempsey
pimp.gif

Serbia is my dark horse for this tournament..if they can find goals, they could be a really tough out in the knockout stages...i guess you could say that about alot of teams, but their defense is just so solid i dont see them conceding much..watch out for Krasic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Looking forward to watching this tight knit Slovenia side... they shouldn't concede many goals in this group.

Don't think the Rio loss hurts them... at all? He's only there on his name, he hasn't really shown good judgement in big matches in recent years, plus he's never fit. Even Terry's form faltered late in the season, he may be dealing with his own injuries. Someone like King or Dawson would be a boost.

Despite losing Rio Ferdinand to a tournament-ending injury in training, England coach Fabio Capello has no plans to rest key players for the team’s final World Cup training match.
England takes on South African Premier League club Platinum Stars, who are based near the Englishmen’s Rustenburg training camp, on Monday, with Capello keen to observe his planned starters for Saturday’s World Cup opener against the United States.

“I have to play all the players that will play against the USA for 45 minutes or 60 minutes,

Yeah Serbia is a strong darkhorse for the tourny. I see them breaking into the knockout round and doing some damage.

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

welp have fun with that, i think i got myself out of work for saturday, im watchin that game damn it
laugh.gif

Thats so disrespectful...

Luckily for me I know they don't represent the entire country of England

Back
Top Bottom