Worst boss you ever had?

Let's vent.

Worked for this terrible human from August 2013 to December 2013.

- Rich jersey chaser from the suburbs, married a former NHL player. Daddy was an investment banker. Has at least 25 mil in the bank, left her bank statements laying around the office so we knew it.
- Took lunch breaks to go get Botox treatments
- Drank a bottle of red wine every Friday, drove home tanked in her Escalade
- Had me spend three days preparing a powerpoint/speech, finally when I gave it to her she texted through the whole thing. Then when I finished, she looked up and said "that's a no for me." I made the whole script bold and gave it back to her with no more edits, she said "that's more of what I'm looking for" :smh:
- She laid me off for the whole month of October, then right when I almost crumbled financially she had someone call and bring me back, I had to.
- Walked around spraying Windex in the snack jars so she wouldn't be tempted to eat out of them, never told us she sprayed them.
- Took more than two weeks sometimes to get me my paychecks, responded to my complaints with "why do you need it right now? You can't wait?"
- Made employees do personal things that normal parents would do like drive her son to his drivers test or buy Xmas presents

I am getting mad just typing this, tell me your frustrations, NT.

Just resigned on Friday, worked in a Hotel.

- I was hired to be the accountant assistan and had a 9 to 5. In the span of 2 weeks, asked me if 'as a favor' could work the recepcionist shifts. 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm. The 'favor' had me working as a full time recepcionist AND doing the accountant's work.
- The recepcionist in charge had a problem with me doing both jobs, the manager stud on her side and told me I had to do both with the same salary.
- As recepcionist you had 1 month as 'recepcionist in charge', alternating 1 month each and you had a 9 to 7 shift and didn't have to do the normal work. 1 day before my turn as being the boss, she told me I wasn't doing it and I had to work the night shift.

:smh:

Glad I'm free now :smokin

First of all OP, I read that and got mad for you. People like that are terrible. This thread has potential tho...

I worked for a lady in '07 to early '08 in a small office. She wasn't a bad person but she didn't know boundaries. Calling my cell phone about work related things 2 hours after I leave the office. She called me on weekends to talk about job issues. She didn't properly train me on a certain process with a client and when things went wrong she got upset and blamed me. Whenever I didn't answer my phone in the evenings or weekends, she'd ask why the next day or Monday morning. She worked from her house on Fridays but always called at 10am on the dot to make sure I was at my desk. I picked up the phone at 10:01 am one morning and she was asking me where I was...
mean.gif

Crazy this thread was made today because I left my old company last June because they brought in a moron as their regional Supervisor and I just saw him for the first time today, since walking out, coming out of a buffet :lol: I had to laugh because I can't believe he used to get me so heated at how stupid someone can be :smh:

Crazy this thread was made today because I left my old company last June because they brought in a moron as their regional Supervisor and I just saw him for the first time today, since walking out, coming out of a buffet
laugh.gif
I had to laugh because I can't believe he used to get me so heated at how stupid someone can be
mean.gif
Michael Scott? 
nerd.gif

i guess my current one just out of the ones I've had so far...

pros: she stays off my ***, doesn't micromanage, and is relaxed about a lot of things

cons: if one actually needed something from her, she can be clueless and does things on her own time

...but since i haven't needed anything from her yet and have other info sources, it could be worse

Last edited:
Crazy this thread was made today because I left my old company last June because they brought in a moron as their regional Supervisor and I just saw him for the first time today, since walking out, coming out of a buffet :lol: I had to laugh because I can't believe he used to get me so heated at how stupid someone can be :smh:
Michael Scott? :nerd:

I wish, He was more like Dwight mixed in with Kevin's cluelessness :lol:

Crazy this thread was made today because I left my old company last June because they brought in a moron as their regional Supervisor and I just saw him for the first time today, since walking out, coming out of a buffet
laugh.gif
I had to laugh because I can't believe he used to get me so heated at how stupid someone can be
mean.gif
Michael Scott? 
nerd.gif
I wish, He was more like Dwight mixed in with Kevin's cluelessness
laugh.gif
mean.gif
laugh.gif

made a thread about him before

-favored people. including his sister (she does SEVERAL no call no shows. she still works there. someone else did it 1 time and they were fired. some woman called out 3 times in a row. and he didnt care. anyone else calls out he gets mad)
-didnt give the night crew breaks
-told us to punch out at 8 when our shift ends AND KEEP WORKING (my boy said that isnt right and he was sent home)
-if you ask for a day off weeks/months in advance he will say ok. when the time comes he will put you on the schedule and get pissed when you bring up the fact you asked for the day off
-if you dont work a day and you get a text from him asking of you can work, better say yes. if you say no then he takes you off the schedule
-got my friend fired. someone hit the fire alarm by mistake. dude wasnt even there but he came in and lied to the big boss saying it was my friend that did it
-you call out? he wouldnt answer his phone at all. then expect you to come in at your shift
-had us short 8 people and did not hire more workers. 5 quit. 2 on vacation. 1 fired. had me work mad hours.
-in 2 weeks i worked about 11 days. only made 350 and it was 8.50 an hour. my boy worked less hours than me and less days yet his check was 400 easy
-missed a meeting because of school. taken off the schedule
-if you went and compained to the big boss and he found out the identity of the person, they were taken off the schedule

**** that son of a *****. when i found a new job i was gonna do a no call no show but moms was like nahh call out. all i did was text the fool saying i cant come in today then blocked his number. son was such a female with his emotions man. thats why his middle name is monique. very srs

Last edited:
My current boss is a jerk. Dude got mad at me during orientation cause I didn't wanna put my lips on a dummy doll to practice CPR on.

My current boss is a jerk. Dude got mad at me during orientation cause I didn't wanna put my lips on a dummy doll to practice CPR on.
Whoa, they are supposed to give you a face shield for that 

My worst boss is this butch lesbian chick from Home Depot. I rounded up carts from outside..She told me that I go inside the store too much like I'm an outside slave and also she told me I can't leave the store for lunch..I worked there for only a week before I quit 

Let's vent.

Worked for this terrible human from August 2013 to December 2013.

- Rich jersey chaser from the suburbs, married a former NHL player. Daddy was an investment banker. Has at least 25 mil in the bank, left her bank statements laying around the office so we knew it.
- Took lunch breaks to go get Botox treatments
- Drank a bottle of red wine every Friday, drove home tanked in her Escalade
- Had me spend three days preparing a powerpoint/speech, finally when I gave it to her she texted through the whole thing. Then when I finished, she looked up and said "that's a no for me." I made the whole script bold and gave it back to her with no more edits, she said "that's more of what I'm looking for" :smh:
- She laid me off for the whole month of October, then right when I almost crumbled financially she had someone call and bring me back, I had to.
- Walked around spraying Windex in the snack jars so she wouldn't be tempted to eat out of them, never told us she sprayed them.
- Took more than two weeks sometimes to get me my paychecks, responded to my complaints with "why do you need it right now? You can't wait?"
- Made employees do personal things that normal parents would do like drive her son to his drivers test or buy Xmas presents

I am getting mad just typing this, tell me your frustrations, NT.

What job was this?

Went into work at 6:30am today and got sent home 8:30 because I failed to use a portable menu while making a sale.. Smh

That ain't nothing.

Wanna meet my supervisor?
I don't think so.
This guy will make your life a living hell and try to make you feel like he is only doing it for your own good. Going to work every morning and not know if you are gonna get fired Is not a good feeling.

What job was this?

A tech startup. I've probably already said too much... she would love to sue me on something like this.

And no pics. That would encourage her materialistic mindset after you all beast over her. I can't support that.

That ain't nothing.

Wanna meet my supervisor?
I don't think so.
This guy will make your life a living hell and try to make you feel like he is only doing it for your own good. Going to work every morning and not know if you are gonna get fired Is not a good feeling.

I'll meet him. After this last job, I can deal with anybody. I heard it all... "I don't know why I hired you" "I don't know if you can do this job" then lied and laid me off the day after saying my job was safe. I got a call on a Saturday that basically said don't come in on Monday. That was after several months of working scared, the worst feeling ever. Then, a month later, she hires me back and asks why I don't buy into the company spirit. LOOOOL

Last edited:
had a female boss that basically suffered a nervous breakdown (went bat ish crazy)

i know she banged a few dudes in the company - possibly/probably even the wealthy owner of the company that stayed on his yacht...

so she was let to stay at her position (as my boss among other responsibilities)
she basically stopped coming to work for weeks at time - while the upper management demanded everything in her department get done as usual, also refusing to let her go or give a leave of absence

there were times things could not be completed because for example she was the only one in the dept. with a company card that could expense $10,000+ at any given moment...to pay for services that were essential in completing a task

she then started turning on her employees, including me but to a lesser extent

she showed up one day randomly & i confronted her & asked "what are we gonna do about this?" she told me "you need to find another job"

she also banged a least one other co-worker (from a separate office office) at a trade show after all this had been going on
so she was actually banging dudes in the company when necessary to stay collecting a pay check & did so w/o working - i mean, it was essentially like a spin-off of being a gold digger imo

yes she was young, tall, blonde & attractive - but da rumor was it was like a dead fish down there

A tech startup. I've probably already said too much... she would love to sue me on something like this.

And no pics. That would encourage her materialistic mindset after you all beast over her. I can't support that.
I'll meet him. After this last job, I can deal with anybody. I heard it all... "I don't know why I hired you" "I don't know if you can do this job" then lied and laid me off the day after saying my job was safe. I got a call on a Saturday that basically said don't come in on Monday. That was after several months of working scared, the worst feeling ever. Then, a month later, she hires me back and asks why I don't buy into the company spirit. LOOOOL

Trust me there's more. I might even get in trouble for sending this text. Dude is probably reading my post right now.

Chemistry lab at my school (2012)

-divorced, bitter old feminist of a Professor that ruled that lab with an iron fist. All she cared about was results, didn't care how she got them. Her PH.D students and lab techs were essentially her indentured servants. They were repeatedly asked to work more hours than they were paid for, and specifically asked not to report the full amount of their hours on their time sheets so she doesn't get in trouble. She didn't give a damm if you were sick, pregnant, death in the family, or injured. The results had to be there or you were terminated. And if the results didn't match her expectations you doctored them to match them.

At first I thought she was a sexist, until I realized she just hates everyone. I was a student worker, so I didn't interact much with her until I finished a project with one of her students. She then proceeded to hire her daughter as a lab tech (with a ******* GED) and tells me to kick rocks for the following project. For the next couple weeks I'm pretty much the labs janitor until I quit. When I went to quit, she told me she was gonna fire me and the other couple student workers anyway. Lady drove me ******* crazy with her micromanagement and condescending attitude.

Not a job per se but an externship opportunity to complete my graduate degree.

I needed a total of 100 hours for this 8 week externship. Always critiqued every little thing I did with client's and gave no positive feedback to let me know what I was doing right. Always butting her head in when I was doing my evaluations and treatment when she said she wants me to run the show. Had me organize meaningless **** that I didn't get hours for. Always bragged about living on Riverside Drive and being the new president of her co-op board. told me that if her cat died (because it was old) that I better quit.

She was a rich 50 y.o. lady whose father was a doctor so she came from money, never married but she wears a ring on every other finger than her weddign finger and she made some really disgusting comments to people in her office (she told this nice dominican girl who was her secretary that she should close her legs and stop getting pregnant if she wants to make it in this world). I felt that because she had some sort of disgust of men who mistreated her in her life, she took that **** out on me.

She basically got her job because of her father. I left the externship after 3 weeks only gaining 5 clock ours out of my 100 while I was with her for about 90 hours doing work for her. On top of that I had to research and write 50 pages a week for her on top of my hours there.

Coming home miserable as **** 5 days a week and stressed for the weekend to do the work.

But the universe gives us experience with these people so we know what not to become.

Had to delay my graduation because of her. I'm off to my next externship in Chicago in a couple days which I feel is going to be better. Pray for your boy brah's

Back
Top Bottom