Worst Coaching Decision in History?

worst call I've ever seen in my life, idc about what the matchups looked like. Audible to a better formation and run a bootleg then. Shotgun formations from the 1 yard line infuriate me and I'm an Eagles fan, I know that pain more than most :x :x :x :x
We Eagles fans went through these types of play calling problems couple of times this season. Probably why we didn't make the playoffs. :x

We Eagles fans went through these types of play calling problems couple of times this season. Probably why we didn't make the playoffs.
sick.gif
majority of our Oline was out beginning of the season.. and McCoy was running east and west instead of north and south

plus we didn't have Russell at QB

Throwing was the right call. With 1 timeout you want 3 plays where the defense doesn't know what you're going to do. Throwing a slant over the middle was terrible though not sure if that's on Pete or not.

If you run it on 2nd and 3rd and get stopped everyone would coming at pete for not throwing and getting 3 downs. Why run on 2nd and throw on 3rd when that's exactly what the D is expecting. Pete played it right

majority of our Oline was out beginning of the season.. and McCoy was running east and west instead of north and south

plus we didn't have Russell at QB
I remember man. :lol: And we also had Foles and Sanchez overthrowing open receivers all day. :x and we had Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher starting at CB :frown:

If you run it on 2nd and 3rd and get stopped everyone would coming at pete for not throwing and getting 3 downs. Why run on 2nd and throw on 3rd when that's exactly what the D is expecting. Pete played it right
Except the Pats were probably going to let them score to have a chance to get the ball back. You take the points and let the best defense in the league stop them from getting the field goal attempt. He over thought it and it cost them dearly. Such a high risk, low reward play. If the Pats did a goal line stand on 2nd and 3rd then more power to them, they tried to make Russ the hero and it backfired. 

Bill B would have taken timeouts if he was gonna let them score. It was the first INT from the 1 all season, so don't see how it is so risky.

Everyone gets caught up in the result and not the actual play. Good play call doesn't always = good result just as bad play call doesn't always = bad result.

I do hate the decision to go shotgun and throw it over the middle though.. run PA and throw something to the sidelines.

Except the Pats were probably going to let them score to have a chance to get the ball back. You take the points and let the best defense in the league stop them from getting the field goal attempt. He over thought it and it cost them dearly. Such a high risk, low reward play. If the Pats did a goal line stand on 2nd and 3rd then more power to them, they tried to make Russ the hero and it backfired. 

If the Pats wer gonna let them score then BB sure didn't act like it. Looked like they were content with letting time run off the clock. It didn't get talked about because the Pats won but I thought it was a über coaching mistake but jt worked out for em.

Just don't see how increasing your % of winning is the worst call of all time. That 538 article broke it down nicely.

Play call was designed to throw it immediately post-snap. Obviously, Wilson tried forcing it in quick on the goal line.

With that said, I would have ran the next three downs. Lynch was going to score no doubt. Hell, even let Wilson QB sneak.

The polarizing thing is the answer to the question in the title. It might be yes. How many times is it a prisoner of the moment thing and not actually true? A lot. This? Stakes and all that was on the line, it's extremely curious that they chose to pass on the 1 YL after Lynch nearly scored the play before.

'Alright, quick slant to Ricardo because lol we have three downs to get a TD let's just do it the way we can make Russ the image everybody sees over and over again when they show NFL Network/ESPN ads going into to NFL Insiders or NFL Gameday of Russell throwing a TD pass to win the SB. I swear Carroll-Bevell underrated Belichick, underrated the preparation level the players were at. He said he got that pick just studying film. Just something he noticed while doing his job.

But Carroll and Bevell are across the field on the other sideline feelin' themselves too much.

Bevell was the OC when the Vikings lost in the 2010 NFC Championship, called a pass play in long-FG territory to take a 31-28 lead. Favre shouldn't have thrown that across the middle where Roman Harper could make a play on the ball. Russ shouldn't have thrown the pick to Butler. But the common denominator, Darrell Bevell, called the play -- the initiating step to botching the Vikings a Super Bowl berth against Peyton instead of Brees, and the Super Bowl win five days ago.

Last edited:
(posted in the NFL thread did not see this thread)
I havent been following this thread at all, but just wanted to chime in and say, Russell Wilson wanted that pass play at the end of the game to play hero.. been telling people there is something about that kid i don't like, son is nice dont get me wrong but I sincerely believe he thinks he is bigger than the team and is salty about his salary. I don't think anybody on the team or coaching sataff wants to say anything about it, but I think that one is on him. yeah we remember Pete's bad play call on 4th down in the BCS title game, but IMO this is on Wilson.

Well this is certainly one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.

I don't understand how you run that option read to death all ******* year then u decide to pass. I said this at the beggining of last year Wilson is overrated. Terrible read and a terrible throw. Once this defense gets picked apart and separated he's going to be exposed more then he was these last 2games. Overpaying Russell is going to set Seattle back big time when it comes. This dude better hope the lob comes back full force if he wants a chance for another ring

Back
Top Bottom