would the true blue 3 from 2001 lose value now?

Originally Posted by raptors29

The value of all shoe that are re-released goes down. There are countless examples, but DS OGs tend to remain the same or increase in value as they age.

what he said

Yea as many others have stated, it might drop a little when they release because people get scared and flood the market with their pairs, but the value willhold on them because JB will never go back to a quality retro like that again.

They'll likely drop in value in the short term but will increase in value in the long term. Look at the Black/Red XIs from the 11/12 CDP. They're stilla tough find at a reasonable price, especially around the 11-13 size range, but people generally hate the quality. Most of the praise that you hear about thatpackage goes to the Taxis. When it comes to Jordans, the OGs and older retros had better workmanship. If I were you, I'd hold on to them, because the stockwill rise on those. All of the CDP's quality was/is heavily criticized, for the most part. People will want separate shoes instead of packs. That marketwill never go away. Gentry did say that retros will be harder to get for awhile, so I think packs will be the norm for the next couple of years or so.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

Originally Posted by 23edge

why would anyone want to pay more money for a retro that looks the same as the re-retro, that can be worn without cracking, and that is cheaper?

couldnt have said it better myself.

Oh, and one more thing. If you're collecting sneakers because you see them as "investments", or "future business opportunities", you need a new game plan. Sneakers aren't sources of income, they're sneakers. One day youre gonna wake up with 250 pairs of "investments", and you will say to yourself, "What the @*$# was I thinking?" If you can't appreciate shoes because you like them, and can't get past the fact that they're lesser quality, or not like the originals, or they degrade the value of your current collection...I think it's time to find a new hobby. I love shoes just like everyone else, but never in my years of collecting did I look at my shoes and think I was going to get rich or make loads of money off of them. I buy shoes because I like them, not because everyone else likes them, not because they're worth a bajillion dollars, and not because other shoe heads aka DUDES will envy what I'm wearing. MAYBE subconsciously I buy them because I'm trying to impress some ladies...but who doesn't do that? It annoys me so much when I'm wearing a pair of my favorite kicks, and a shoe head has some Jedi Dunk SB's on and he's staring at me waiting for me to look down at them. Then he gets all salty because I don't even acknowledge them at all. I wear shoes because they make me feel good. Just like how reefer made Bob Marley feel good. Just like how coke made Whitney Houston feel good. Just like how touchdowns made Jerry Rice feel good. If shoe collecting is making you feel BAD at any point in your career, you need to STOP.

P.S. True Blue III's 2009 copped. I don't care about quality, or value, or any of that crap. I care about True Blue III's.
Well said, the sneaker game sure has changed
frown.gif

well im not the one to sell my kicks i just don't find point on having the same shoe twice so i wouldn't mind selling one of them i would rather have anew pair than a og pair imo i like to wear things that are new but i would just keep both idk

YUP...Dang if only the 01 true blues had good ol NIKE AIR in the back then it wouldn't lose value... But who cares they are true blue III's!! Enjoy thelove of the shoe itself...can't wait!

It depends on the quality and quantity released. There are many recent examples, with the exception of the Air Jordan XI concord and DMP. Their values neverdipped.
wink.gif

sad to say but i think theyll lose some value. less demand would mean lesser value i think. i dont know but theres some recent new that this wont release inthe us, so that might help keep the value at where its at. and who cares if itll lose value, what happened to rockin kicks cuz of likin em, plus u can stillbrag about ur shoes bein og.

they will lose value, people will rather copp the upcoming one than shell out 300 plus for an old shoe that will definately crack.

i agree with GeRAWRd, i just collect because i like the shoes. i don't worry about what some shoe is worth. it's just about enjoyingthe shoes.

no they actually dont. but i feel sorry for all the people that put in their hard work
to get a piece of the true blue action, because now thats all going down the drain.

Originally Posted by 23edge

why would anyone want to pay more money for a retro that looks the same as the re-retro, that can be worn without cracking, and that is cheaper? I wouldn't be surprised if Jordan Brand is entering into the era of re-retros for 2009 and up

let's put it this way... every retro that has come out since the the jumpman on the heel tabs have been terrible productions. anything prior = real jordanbrand. so no they wont lose =value because the new release is just another reminder of what quality really is. plus, most of the time when another retro of aretro comes out, hypebeasts squabble for the older retro just for status- like, "oh the new retros are dope, but i have the older retros cuz i've beenin the sneaker game longer... even though i was 11 when the last retros came out..."

theres no difference i got the OG's and the retros...elephant skin is a lil more broken, thats about it...Xx...

in general its not that they will lose value but, will lose demand. the demand for them will not be as high as it once was because others would rather justspend money on the retros.

It wouldn't lose value because of the quality of the retros now. Just like OG's have gained valued from over the years..... it would be the same forthose the True Blues from some years back.

yo i thought these wernt even releaseing in the u.s. man someone please confirm this offically

i dont know....... maybe if the quality is better than the 11/12 packs.......... but prolly not

Back
Top Bottom