Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

image.jpg

SmartSelect_20220723-225708_Chrome.jpg

Case Case Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee B Sox B Sox

Sure, "It's just wrestling."

Stuff like this should be kept in the archives like they do those promo classes @ NXT
ANd if you knew they were going to do this, why would yall send OC, Jade, and Darby? (People that aren't great promos)

I just think they are clueless when it comes to doing things to build a larger audience that would pull in casuals.

If the fat white man from Alabama sitting on his couch saw this he would be like, "WTF is this?"

Last edited:
Case Case Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee B Sox B Sox

Sure, "It's just wrestling."

Stuff like this should be kept in the archives like they do those promo classes @ NXT
ANd if you knew they were going to do this, why would yall send OC, Jade, and Darby? (People that aren't great promos)

I just think they are clueless when it comes to doing things to build a larger audience that would pull in casuals.

If the fat white man from Alabama sitting on his couch saw this he would be like, "WTF is this?"

BUT say what you want about ratings but they are pulling in casuals. How many hipsters and chicks with blue hair aren't watching wrestling now and showing up to live shows. Crossover nerds from Comic Con, etc. too.
The "Fat white guy from Alabama" has been phased out because of how different wrestling is now from his era.
No one is trying to reel "that guy" back in

BUT say what you want about ratings but they are pulling in casuals. How many hipsters and chicks with blue hair aren't watching wrestling now and showing up to live shows. Crossover nerds from Comic Con, etc. too.
The "Fat white guy from Alabama" has been phased out because of how different wrestling is now from his era.

Chicks with blue hairs and hipsters showing up to (half-empty) live shows means what?

How do we know those are casuals and not just wrestling fans that decided to dye their hair and/or were already hipsters?

Chicks with blue hairs and hipsters showing up to (half-empty) live shows means what?

How do we know those are casuals and not just wrestling fans that decided to dye their hair and/or were already hipsters?
Which AEW shows were half empty?
Why do you insist on pushing the narrative that wrestling isn't popular at the moment?
You make it sound like every promotion has a 55 year old male demographic like WWE has

The only narrative I am pushing is the people that like wrestling are the only people watching wrestling in 2022.

Casual fans aren't tuning in.

Sure, there are pop culture REFERENCES to wrestling from outsiders, but currently wrestling is as niche as it's ever been.

Which AEW shows were half empty?
Why do you insist on pushing the narrative that wrestling isn't popular at the moment?
You make it sound like every promotion has a 55 year old male demographic like WWE has
These pics from Dynamite didn’t look great. WWE has their issues too.

I mean, YOU threw that in there. Those words never came out of my fingertips.

CM Punk and Daniel Bryanson were supposed to take AEW to new heights from a TV Ratings standpoint. That hasn't happened.

They (only) cater to their fanbase and that's FINE if that's all they (claim) they want but I'm sure Tony would want more at some point.

That's a lie. The point of being on TV is to draw as many eyes to your product as possible.

The only narrative I am pushing is the people that like wrestling are the only people watching wrestling in 2022.

Casual fans aren't tuning in.

Sure, there are pop culture REFERENCES to wrestling from outsiders, but currently wrestling is as niche as it's ever been.
TV ratings are an outdated metric. Just because fans aren't tuning in LIVE doesn't mean they aren't watching and keeping up with the product. There are too many ways to "watch" wrestling nowadays. I'm merely making an observation that wrestling is more "mainstream" than what I've remembered in the past with all the twitter world nonsense, pop culture references, Guest appearances and by observing marks who are fairly new to this. The grannies and old fat white guys are being replaced by hipsters, nerds and the blue hair chicks.
WHY do you insist on living in a "secret boys club" that is just for the "niche"

Back
Top Bottom