Wrestling Thread April 14-May 4 | 5/3 WWE Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Now Open!

Exactly! It will never happen esp, since he is big in the eyes of kids and The Make-A-Wish for example.

I also feel that Vince and trips or whoever it is feel like they have got something special with the "let's go cena", " cena sucks" chants. I seriously have no problem with cena he's not going to get a lengthy world title run. I think we are pass that point in his career. and his matches are always predictable, but so are a lot of matches. I predict almost every shield move 3 moves beforehand.

you are so right with there being too much to watch. but in my head I keep telling myself I am going to watch every single ppv and program the network has to offer. now whether I accomplish that or not is another story
Man, I personally want to go back and watch all of the WWE produced FCW shows: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnn8JDzCkzMDDcb5JZRq7tA/videos

Ad I want to go back and watch NXT from the last 3 years, once they moved to Tampa. So yea man, there is a lot to watch already man.

I've been watching all of raw in 93 leading into the ppv than watching said ppv. some matches blow. but hey nostalgia.

Your father ever have anything to say about 2 Cold Scorpio?

nothing that I could remember. I'll see him tonight and ask him. and post it tonight. I always remember him being a "superstar" in the back. but then again I was young and really didn't understand anything that was goin on.

And another thing, yall HYPED the hell out of the Shield/Wyatt match from Main Event 2 weeks ago. That match was nowhere near the PPV or the rematch. Crowd was barely into the match man.

I was more so a fan of the after-match promo.

One thing I've noticed about Main Event (from the two shows I've seen) is that everyone's personalities are showcased a bit. The other show I saw was when Los Matadores called King horny :lol:

Underrated

Lance storm
Justin credible
Jerry Lynn
Jerry lawler
Steve corino
Matt hardy

Overrated

Randy Orton

Agreed about Mike Awesome being underrated too. I never heard him speak much, but he could be considered one of the best high flying big men, though a lot of potential was left on the table. WCW mostly made an embarrassment out of him, and outside of being the first spark of Invasion, he never got a fair shake in the WWE. He was losing to Bull Buchanan on Velocity at one point. He wasn't in the best of shape at his One Night Stand return, but if I remember correctly, him and Masako Tanaka still had the best match on the card. Even got Joey Styles and the crowd back on his side towards the end of the match.

As far as Eddie, I was always a fan of his, but towards the end of his career, I hated his booking when they wanted him to be heel (around 05). That feud with Rey over Dominic was awful, even with the good matches they had. I think Eddie also did want to be heel, but that was another case of the fans just loving you too much for that, like Austin. The fans didn't even want to boo him when he slammed Tajiri on top of his low rider. They spent some much time on a slow burn, only for them to be in their natural face/heel alignments not too long after that. Eddue's best characters were probably his LWO stuff and Latino Heat stuff, but he was probably the complete package around his Lesnar feud.

nothing that I could remember. I'll see him tonight and ask him. and post it tonight. I always remember him being a "superstar" in the back. but then again I was young and really didn't understand anything that was goin on.

Did your dad know that ECW was going to get as big as it did? Was he there for the conversion from Eastern Chamionship Wrestling to Extreme?

Any way of having AJ Stylez vs. Kaz Okada when ROH is in NYC? Did they announce the card yet?
I want to get a CTFU shirt and rock it that day.

Caught about a half hr of the Austin podcast with Heyman. Good podcast so far with Heyman imitating Austin's voice at times.

Who is the NT guy that does a wrestling podcast?

Did your dad know that ECW was going to get as big as it did? Was he there for the conversion from Eastern Chamionship Wrestling to Extreme?

Any way of having AJ Stylez vs. Kaz Okada when ROH is in NYC? Did they announce the card yet?
I want to get a CTFU shirt and rock it that day.

he was tri state into ecw basically the guys who started it and got it rolling. they had a small but rapid fan base even before they blew up. he was already phasing out by that point, but even from day 1 guys knew ecw was going to be special. I doubt anyone early on thought it was going to blow up like it did. but like I've stated in the network post, my dad and tony Stetson were doing hardcore before anyone in the tri state area. having multiple gory barbed wire matches and matches where they beat each other senseless through the crowd. I am away on business until later but I have some old magazines that I'll post pics of.

Last edited:
BRB, going to research who John's dad is

Was just about to ask that question. :lol:

Am I the only person who was a Luger fan when I was younger? I used to like the Total Package...lol

Btw, the Steiner Bros should be in the HoF too as a tag team. Used to love that Guns and Roses intro and the Frankensteiner made me :wow: every time when I was a kid!

Was just about to ask that question.
laugh.gif

Am I the only person who was a Luger fan when I was younger? I used to like the Total Package...lol

Btw, the Steiner Bros should be in the HoF too as a tag team. Used to love that Guns and Roses intro and the Frankensteiner made me
eek.gif
every time when I was a kid!
steiner bros were always dope to me.

i wish cenas movie career panned out so he could be gone by now

ravens flock was awesome-had some good wrestlers on there

i wish shelton benjamin had mic skills.lol random

^Before he mentioned who his dad was a couple threads back, I was gonna assume Jack Victory or Jason til further notice :lol:

^^^His dad and Tony "Hit Man" Stetson were the main local wrestlers when Joel Goodhart, who had a wrestling radio show in Philly from the late 80s to like 91 or 92, would promote cards under the TWA or Tri State Wrestling Association. He would bring in names like Jerry Lawler, Eddie Gilbert...guys that you heard about or read in the Apter mags. Cant remember the other matches but I think prob one of his downfalls was trying to get the big name talent but couldnt afford them. Maybe what haunted him was that he had booked a battle of the Nature Boys, Buddy Rogers vs Buddy Landell but Rogers suffered a heart attack.

The Steiner Brothers definitely belong in the HOF. Would've liked to have seen more matches of them in ECW vs Malenko/Benoit. Scott Steiner also used to do a move where he would do a backflip while holding him up like he was about to give him a body slam.

Back
Top Bottom