Wrestling Thread April 18-26/ RIP Chyna passed away at 45

@22stylez @jcmojica24 how y'all feelin' today?..All the Mania week activities caught up with me and I can hardly move..

Went to the dr with my wife today and her broke finger is gonna need surgery next week..Doc said she's gotta get 3 screws put in..:smh:

Just woke up from a nap I was exhausted man. 22 still in Dallas he had a late flight out.

You know damn well he headed to houston to meet up with Peep and go to a Lil Flip concert.

Dean was lobbying to do more brutal spots but was told no.

Ricochet has been telling promotions he's not taking bookings this summer which has many speculating that he will take part in the GCS.

Dean was lobbying to do more brutal spots but was told no.

Ricochet has been telling promotions he's not taking bookings this summer which has many speculating that he will take part in the GCS.
He will also get killed off on Lucha Underground.

I texted him the other night. So he's my source.

Your guys' thoughts on American Alpha.

Which do you guys think will be thd bigger star?

I can see them going with Jason Jordan but i think overall Chad Gable is better.
They are great. Gable has way more charisma and in today's WWE you don't necessarily need to be Jordan's size to be successful. I'd say he has the most potential.

As a team, they could easily be the top face tag team.

in that case the heel eats the pin.Ko
No. What they did was perfect. People would've been crying had KO eaten a pin too. Nakamura needs a different debut where the focus is entirely on him. That spot was not it.

think about it
In a few short months we'll have a roster where
Nakamura
Zayn
KO
Cesaro
Aj styles
Seth Rollins
Are all underutilized in order to make a Samoan guy look better

10 minutes into takeover and this crowd already pissing me off.

How you guys don't get frustrated and turn it off is amazing to me.
We do man, I complain about it all the damn time. Dudes just can't SHUT UP and watch the got damn show. They always have to be chanting SOMETHING. It is annoying as hell
You know dam well who snitched. They out to get you cause everybody else goes off topic but you're the only one getting banned 
laugh.gif
Yea like you dudes in here discussing baseball for pages and nothing happens. Brenda, I run from police. You run with police

@22stylez @jcmojica24 how y'all feelin' today?..All the Mania week activities caught up with me and I can hardly move..

Went to the dr with my wife today and her broke finger is gonna need surgery next week..Doc said she's gotta get 3 screws put in..:smh:

Just woke up from a nap I was exhausted man. 22 still in Dallas he had a late flight out.

You know damn well he headed to houston to meet up with Peep and go to a Lil Flip concert.

Better than you passing out flyers at a Mims concert

We do man, I complain about it all the damn time. Dudes just can't SHUT UP and watch the got damn show. They always have to be chanting SOMETHING. It is annoying as hell

Its extremely annoying. The element of being at a performance and not being directly involved with it seems to escape the modern day wrestling smark. I nor anyone else tuned in for the crowd.

The podcast week in review, brought to you by Post Mates (or our Amazon  and WWEShopaffiliate links!).
[h2]THEY SAID IT…[/h2]
  • “I remember calling her, and her not answering the phone, and I would get very upset, you know, like she didn’t call me back and stuff. And here I am, assuming she’s seeing another wrestler, right? And I say, when I find out who this guy is, I’m going to beat the tar out of him, right? And when I find out it was Brock Lesnar, it gives forgiveness a whole new meaning, Jim.” – Marc Mero, on finding his ex-wife was back in the dating pool
  • “I’m still waiting for my CD to come out, you know? My song is…the title a lot of people don’t like it: “I Love You So Much I Can’t ****.” – Kevin Sullivan
  • “I still don’t think it’s wise to give a guy who’s legally blind a clothesline as a finisher.” – Mick Foley on Stan Hansen
[h2]THE USUAL SUSPECTS[/h2]
Eastern Lariat (3/26/16):  This episode, Str**** is joined by Michinoku Pro superfan@Ozzi_Michifan  to do a deep dive on the promotion. No talk of the glory days of the promotion, but rather their current day product and roster, their struggles in the modern wrestling world, Ozzi’s trips to Japan to see the group, hanging with the wrestlers, and a lot more. It’s a very interesting look at a very underreported (and underappreciated) fed. Str**** also has some thoughts on recent big outings from DDT and New Japan to close out the show. THUMBS UP

VIP Lounge (3/27/16):  Something different this week, as MVP tapes a series of short interviews while working for Lucha Underground. He talks to Matt Stryker, Jeff Cobb (who portrays Matanza, although that’s not really discussed), Rey Mysterio, and Ivelisse. The interviews are all short, but no one wore out their welcome. I found Cobb easily the best of the bunch, as he has an interesting story of falling into wrestling and ending up in LU. But feel free to skip Alex’s nonsensical noir style opening. THUMBS UP

Steve Austin Show #309 (3/29/16):  Sean Waltman is on to discuss WrestleMania. Well, kind of, as they briefly touch on the big matches but mostly talk about a variety of subjects, like Waltman’s backyarder days, working Shane McMahon in the ring, and the lean years in the WWF during the mid-90’s. But Steve has to talk about how wrestlers today are taking too many bumps, roughly the millionth time he’s brought up the subject, and he’s getting close to turning into Jim Ross. THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

Bauer & Pollock (3/29/16):  An early episode this week, with Court having to get ready for WaleMania 2. They talk about Fenix being off WaleMania with an injury (seriously), the final Raw before WrestleMania, the future of Shane McMahon, non-Mania cards during the weekend, the list of potential returns this year, what’s up with Daniel Bryan, the writing team’s schedule, a potential TNA sale, Jon Jones’ legal woes, and a funny story about giving Dave Meltzer a stopwatch. A good show to prep for the big weekend. THUMBS UP

MLW Radio #219 (3/29/16):  Court and Konnan run through a quick mailbag. Topics include: Superman v. Batman, Ric Flair dissing K-Dawg, factions in TNA, steroids, a breakdown of the WrestleMania card, a potential TNA sale, and a lot more. They cover a lot of topics, but the show is short and feels rushed, plus Konnan comes across extremely disinterested at points. THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

The Sharpshooter Show #5 (3/29/16):  No NFL interview this week. Instead, Bret, Nick, Blade, and Dallas run down the entire WrestleMania card and make predictions for every match. The discussion is OK if you’re not burned out on Mania talk by this point. Once again, the retro discussion is the best part of the show, as Bret talks about his match with Bob Backlund at Survivor Series 1994, the genesis of their feud, and his evolving attitude to working with Backlund. Good stuff. THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

The Ross Report #111 (3/29/16):  Marc Mero makes a rare podcast appearance to talk about his career with Jim Ross. They discuss his public speaking career, how he got hired by WCW (a great story), the Johnny B. Badd character, moving to the WWF and why the Wildman character failed, his relationship with his ex-wife, boxing, MMA, and a lot more. Really a superlative interview; Mero is open and honest about his wrestling career and home life. I didn’t quite know what to expect but it’s really great. <Mero’s interview starts at 18:23>  THUMBS UP & BEST OF THE WEEK

Talk is Jericho #234 (3/30/16):  Jericho interviews Ben Bruce and Denis Stoff from Asking Alexandria, who I guess is a band. They talk about their new album, their new lead singer (and why former singer Danny Worsnop left), dropping everything to open for Guns n’ Roses, festivals, and more. I knew nothing about this band and this interview didn’t do anything to make me want to find out more. THUMBS DOWN

Art of Wrestling #295 (3/31/16):  Virgil is on as the show reaches, because we all knew this day would come. The show itself isn’t too bad, as they talk about everything you could want: Virgil’s time as Soultrain Jones in Memphis, getting the call to be Ted Dibiase’s bodyguard, his sweet stint in the New World Order, being known as the guy at conventions, and of course, Olive Garden. The show isn’t bad, but Colt has a hard time getting Virgil to go deeper, which he admits at the top of the show. THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

Steve Austin – Unleashed #312 (3/31/16):  Steve is struggling for a show topic, so he gets the Big Show back on for a chat. They have a breezy conversation about politics, WrestleMania, the endless injuries to the roster, 3 hour Raws, tour busses, psychology, the NXT movement, being a heel, and guns. Not as much fun as their last conversation about Show’s career and the discussion just gets to rah-rah WWE at times. THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

The Jim Cornette Experience #122 (3/31/16):  No guest this week, and since the Drive-Thru is going on a hiatus, Jim and Brian haul out the mailbag to answer some listener questions. They talk about the Dixie Dynomite vs. Stormtrooper match from SMW, taping TV way ahead of schedule, WWF guys who could have fit in Crockett, calculating payoffs, Vince Russo’s good ideas, the lack of managers, and making wrestling great again. Pretty much all wrestling and no outside topics, which makes for an easy recommendation. THUMBS UP

Talk is Jericho #235 (4/1/16):  Charlotte stops by for a pre-WrestleMania chat. She talks about being the daughter of Ric Flair, traveling with her dad on the road, her relationship with Dusty Rhodes in developmental, the match with Natalya that put her on the map, her upcoming WrestleMania match and prior experiences at the big show, her late brother, the Divas branding, and a lot more. I liked this one a lot more than her appearance on her dad’s podcast, since Ric is probably a bit biased in regards to his daughter. <Charlotte’s interview starts at 5:08>THUMBS UP

MSL & Sullivan Show (4/1/16):  Another bit of a format change, as this time the Nitro review kicks off the show. They cover the second half of the September 16th Nitro, with interesting digressions on Randy Savage as a top guy and Sean Waltman’s mastery of the sidekick role. We get a mailbag to close things out, including topics like current boxing, ethnic stars, Dan Severn almost going to WCW, and Bret Hart’s legacy. Things will be back to normal next week, but the format break the last two weeks nicely freshened things up. THUMBS UP

Stone Cold on the WWE Network (3/31/16):  Mick Foley joins Steve in front of a live crowd at Axxess. Not a lot new is discussed (outside of Foley’s recent weight loss), so you hear about the first time Foley saw Austin, the King of the Death Matches, Hell in a Cell, his character development, and more. Still, Foley reading the phone book would be interesting to me. Foley also brings his daughter Noelle onto the stage to discuss their upcoming reality show on the Network in a total nothing segment. THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

Wooooo![emoji]8482[/emoji] Nation #46 (4/1/16):  Ric and Conrad are down in Dallas for WrestleMania, and they’re joined by former guests David Manning and Gene Okerlund. I’m sure it seems like an odd pairing, since the two never works together, but everyone meshes great and tell lots of stories about World Class, WrestleMania I, the Freebirds, drinking, parties, this year’s card, JJ Dillon on a nude beach and more. Just a fun BS session with a lot of great stories, probably similar to a lot of fans’ experiences this weekend. THUMBS UP

Reactions: fx2
 [h2]THEY SAID IT…[/h2]
  • “I remember calling her, and her not answering the phone, and I would get very upset, you know, like she didn’t call me back and stuff. And here I am, assuming she’s seeing another wrestler, right? And I say, when I find out who this guy is, I’m going to beat the tar out of him, right? And when I find out it was Brock Lesnar, it gives forgiveness a whole new meaning, Jim.” – Marc Mero, on finding his ex-wife was back in the dating pool
So basically Mero was scared of Bork?

Ditto to the mark crowd thing, specifically NXT. They are annoying as hell and can immediately kill off a match. i don't care about the crowd getting themselves over, I'm trying to watch and react to the match, not the crowd.

Haven't seen TNA in maybe a month, but I see The Pope is #Byke....got washed by Bobby Lashley (who needs to not where a damn headband) in a street fight. Madison Rayne's theme :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom