Wrestling Thread Aug 11-24 | 8/18 RAW - Brock DESTROYS Cena, New WWE Title Belt (Bye Big Gold)

IT'S BACK - NTWT WWE Summerslam PPV Prediction Contest
  • SPELL YOUR NT BOARD NAME CORRECTLY
  • 1500 total possible points (to make up for missing Battleground)
  • All entries are due by 7:30 PM ET
  • You may only enter once
  • Once you submit your entry, you cannot edit/update/change your entry
GOOD LUCK!!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZZQSHD7

20140809_LIGHT_RawPreview_HP.jpg

Tonight is the go home Raw for SummerSlam, and should be a really packed show.  Of course, if WWE decides to make our ears bleed once again with NINE-NINETY-NINE, I will be tuning out regardless of how good the other content of the show is.

Tonight is the first time that John Cena and Brock Lesnar have been on the same show for the build to their match at SummerSlam.  Originally, we had Paul Heyman announce that Plan C was Brock Lesnar.  Brock returned and made the deal with HHH.  The next week, John Cena cut a very spirited promo about why he had to win this match.  It was his best promo work in a long time.  Last week, neither was live on Raw, but there was a great UFC-style interview package of the two promoting the match.  We also have had the awesome commercial promoting their match as "The Biggest Fight of the Summer."  Tonight, they will both be in the same building.  I would hold off any physical confrontation.  The first time these two get their hands on each other should be at SummerSlam.  

20140808_HoganArticle.jpg

WWE is also promoting tonight as a special birthday celebration for Hulk Hogan who turns 61.  Among booked to be in attendance for the party in addition to Hogan are Ric Flair, Jimmy Hart, Paul Orndorff, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. I have no idea if an angle will come of this, or it's just a segment to try and draw ratings.

In what is arguably the semi-main event for SummerSlam, at least in the way it has been promoted, is Stephanie McMahon vs Brie Bella.  Last week, Stephanie laid out both Bella Twins with Pedigrees.  The build for the match has been very good despite Brie's atrocious mic skills.  There has been talk of adding HHH as the special guest ref for the match.  There has also been a lot of discussion of if Nikki will turn on Brie during the match.

Dean Ambrose announced on Smackdown that of all the possible matches he could choose to have against Seth Rollins at SummerSlam, he wants to have a LUMBERJACK MATCH.  Lumberjack Matches almost always suck.  This feud was red hot, but WWE has been killing it with stupid booking in my opinion.  The feud is still expected to run for at least another PPV, if not two.

We also have Randy Orton vs Roman "Matt Hardy Dressed Me" Reigns.  I don't want to be negative, but I am losing interest in Reigns with each passing week.  His mic work is uninspired, and I am growing quickly tired of Superman Punches and Spears.  Randy Orton lost to Dolph Ziggler at house shows over the weekend, but this was only because Roman Reigns was on another tour, so Ziggler was called to fill in, and WWE wants to send fans home with a face win in the main events of house shows.

Other matches for SummerSlam are:
  • Chris Jericho vs Bray Wyatt (Harper and Rowan are banned from ringside)
  • Jack Swagger vs Rusev in a Flag Match
  • AJ Lee (c) vs Paige for the Divas Title
  • miz (c) vs Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Title

Last edited:
you think bubba the love sponge will show up with his wife?

#9.99

I wish I could turn on my tv after a long day of work and see a championship match first. Any belt instead of 20 min of talking.

Toine you got them 4lokos?

We can play the "listen here, brother" drinking game. :lol:

Brock shoulda punted one of those empty wrapped gifts.

Just give me one more awesome Heyman promo to convince me to get home from work early enough next sunday for Summerslam

Paul heyman out here low key explaining how the whole how will "Brock as a champion" work.

Back
Top Bottom