Wrestling Thread Aug 5-11 | 8/7 Sheamus Out 4-6 Months with Shoulder Surgery

I was reading the comments on the Literally/ Figuratively Grammar Slam video.

"Is literally on fire, still kicks out at 2"

:rofl:

CM Punk figuratively turned into Scott Steiner in those videos man. Entertaining to say the least.

Smackdown Results

WWE taped this week’s WWE SmackDown episode from the BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford, Illinois. Here are full WWE SmackDown spoilers and results.

Dark Match

* Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro defeated Brodus Clay and Sweet T.

WWE SmackDown

* Randy Orton defeated Rob Van Dam. Both guys seemed to be equally over as babyfaces with the crowd. In the end, the finish came when Orton hit RVD with the RKO for the pin. Orton was in control of the offense for the majority of the match. RVD missed a Five Star Frogsplash attempt and Orton came right back with a RKO. Was said to be a pretty good match, and went just under 13 minutes.

* MizTV with Big E. Langston and AJ Lee was up next. As the two were being interviewed, Dolph Ziggler came out to interrupt them. After that, Kaitlyn came out to interrupt as well. Due to the fact that he is the host of SummerSlam this year, The Miz decided to book a match. Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn in a mixed-tag match against Big E. Langston and AJ Lee is announced for SummerSlam. This led to Langston and Lee attacking Ziggler and Kaitlyn. In the end, Ziggler and Kaitlyn made a comeback and hit their respective finishers on the heels to leave them laying. That wrapped up the MizTV segment for this week.

* Fandango defeated Kofi Kingston. Kingston received a pretty impressive pop from the fans in Rockford. In the end, the finish came when Fandango hit his sweet-looking leg-drop off the top rope for the clean pinfall victory in under 5 minutes.

* Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett. Following Monday’s RAW, Barrett is now clean shaven. Decent match, but it was kept relatively short. Maybe five minutes. In the end, the finish came when Bryan forced Barrett to tap out with the “No! Lock” for the victory.

* Kane defeated 3MB (Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal) in a 3-On-1 Handicap Match. Crowd was all over 3MB, boo’ing the hell out of them from the get-go. Kane defeated all three members of 3MB in a 3-on-1 handicap match in just over one minute. The finish came when Kane chokeslammed Mahal for the clean pinfall victory. After the match, The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper) appeared on the titantron. Bray Wyatt cut a promo about their Ring of Fire match at SummerSlam.

* Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio in a Non-Title match. This was the longest match of the night thus far, just under 20 minutes. In the end, the finish came when Christian rolled Del Rio up for the pin. Was said to be a really excellent match. After the match, Christian left Del Rio in the ring and walked to the back.

Damien Sandow hit the ring with his briefcase in hand. Before the bell could ring to make the match official, Cody Rhodes charged the ring and attacked Sandow. Rhodes leaping off the top rope and hit him with a flying body press. No briefcase cash-in, just the first of what will probably be several teases.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/spoilers-wwe-smackdown-taping-results-august-9-2013#ixzz2bFlh1KNC

tumblr_mr3rl91eWM1qb6h6io2_250.gif

[emoji]9654[/emoji] Tomohiro Ishii vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW - 02/08/2013) - YouTube (audio is a little out in the beginning. Don't let that stop you)

If you are interested in other matches you could always listen to John Pollack's reviews of each show.

But here is one man's opinion from the Death Valley Boards: http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34-njpw-g1-climax-23/page-5
So far Ishii and Shibata are my MVP's for this year's G1. Worst performer is Tenzan, he really is past his prime and I wouldn't be sad if this was his last G1.

My Top 5 matches so far (I've only watched up until Day 4):

1. Tanahashi vs Ishii - Day 2
2. Shibata vs Ishii - Day 4
3. Nakamura vs Ibushi - Day 4
4. Tanahashi vs DBS Jr. - Day 3
5. Shibata vs DBS Jr. - Day 1

Honourable mentions: Tanahashi vs Kojima - Day 1, Naito v Ibushi - Day 2, Nakamura vs Suzuki - Day 2, Okada vs Makabe - Day 4.

Breaking: WWE Announce Sheamus Is Injured: Will Miss 4-6 MONTHS Of Action - "Sheamus has suffered a torn labrum in his left shoulder and will require surgery, scheduled for next week. As a result, The Celtic Warrior is expected to be sidelined for four to six months, WWE.com has learned."

Breaking: WWE Announce Sheamus Is Injured: Will Miss 4-6 MONTHS Of Action - "Sheamus has suffered a torn labrum in his left shoulder and will require surgery, scheduled for next week. As a result, The Celtic Warrior is expected to be sidelined for four to six months, WWE.com has learned."

And I was just wondering where the Celtic Bully disappeared to. Wouldn't wish an injury on anyone but this will probably work out well in his favor. He'll have time to heal and rest. Not to mention his face run was getting stale and boring.

Best news ever

Sheamus' character is as bland as can be. But dude can go in the ring, no doubt. Hope he can go back to being a no-nonsense monster of a heel when he gets back.

And this just crossed my mind but I think Sheamus can be a player in Japan if he wishes to wrestle there. I think "strong style" kind of fits his work perfectly. Yo DC, you think the dude can hang with the guys in Japan?

Same sentiments echoed about Sheamus. Dude is more that solid in the ring his face bully character has been stale for so long. Also agree donmega about Sheamus being able to fit in Japan. Him, Tomko, Tensai, and Umaga are all cut from the same cloth as far as that style.

Also, since Kofi just returned, I just noticed along with him having mutiple transitional IC/US title runs, he also always gets a title run when his partners/affiliates get suspended :lol:

Back
Top Bottom