Wrestling Thread August 15th-20th/ Tonight NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II At 8PM Eastern/ SummerSlam This

Forgot BG was tomorrow too

Guess I got another reason to grill these porkchops tomorrow

i'd still like to hear it from an official source
the booing & kinda sorta talking about it just adds the Gains awkwardness

he should own it and be specific yall

Last edited:
what kind of sauce &/or seasoning for the chops? :nerd:

late nite ntwt

BG on deck!

Teriyaki marinade from the store then I doctor it up with a couple seasonings..sometimes a small amount of lime juice. Then I just let em marinate 24 hours and put em on the grill.

For now on, POST PICTURES OF FOOD.

You dudes say what you are eating but never post.

I might make some Curry Chicken tomorrow

I have bacon i want to fry tomorrow.

I'll make some cheeseburgers, add bacon, make ice t via GHIMS a la mode and enjoy BG.

[h2]OUTLIER:[/h2]
Tuesday Night Jaw (7/19/16):  About a dozen people or so told me about this one – it’s a podcast from comedian and Progress Wrestling co-owner Jim Smallman, and this episode is a lengthy sit down episode with William Regal. For over two hours Regal regales us with stories from his days wrestling in England, getting the hell beat out of him, various influences he has drawn from, wrestling around the world, and a lot more. Some will be disappointed there’s nothing much on WCW or WWE, but the stories and Regal’s philosophies on wrestling are must hear.
[h2]THE USUAL SUSPECTS[/h2]
The Tiki Bar #5 (7/16/16): For the fifth show in a row, Tama talks to a family member, this time stablemate Bad Luck Fale. Tama talks about finally being in the G1, Fale’s rugby days, how he got to Japan, the brutal dojo, finding out they were related, and a lot more. Fale hasn’t done a lot of interviews so it’s nice to hear from him, but the highlight is Tama talking about being in the dojo as a foreigner.  THUMBS UP

Eastern Lariat (7/16/16): Str**** and Dylan break a bit off of format and review the 1994 Super J Cup in lieu of the tournament’s return this week, turning a critical eye to a beloved event for a fun segment. There’s also news on the Fire Festival, the NOAH Junior tag league, and some Big Japan. I really liked the classic show review; I hope the feature gets brought back. THUMBS UP

VIP Lounge (7/17/16): Freddie Prinze Jr joins MVP and Alex for a lengthy (90+ minutes) show. The three discuss Prinze’s time in the WWE as a promo coach, tales about his famous father’s escapades, leaving Hollywood behind for fatherhood, and a lot on Star Wars. If you want to listen to a Prinze interview, check him out on Talk is Jericho #212 – a lot of information is repeated and the episode is a lot smoother. But stick with this if you want a lengthy discussion on the deeper meaning of Jar Jar Binks.   THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

The Card is Going To Change #7 (7/18/16): Road trips are the theme for this episode, which means plenty of crazy stories, involving rats, crack, pimps, gangs, guns, puke, fights, Necro Butcher getting pulled over by the cops, Teddy Hart gigging himself at dinner, and Rick Bassman trying to save Tila Tequila at the Gathering of the Juggalos. My jaw was on the floor multiple times throughout the show, and I can’t imagine anyone not being entertained by this one. THUMBS UP & BEST OF THE WEEK

Steve Austin Show #343 (7/19/16): Oh hey Ted Fowler, super. They talk about broken refrigerators and Ted going to an urgent care center and who really cares? The usual nonsense without the benefit of swearing.   THUMBS DOWN

The Ross Report #127 (7/19/16): Terri Runnells is JR’s guest this week. They talk about her time working for Larry King, transitioning into wrestling, creating characters like Alexandra York and Marlena, dating Brian Pillman, working with Chyna, and her phone chat hotline. It’s an OK interview with a few interesting nuggets, but Ross is in full Creep Mode asking about her relationships with wrestlers and breast implants. [Runnells’ interview starts at 16:33]  THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

MLW Radio #236 (7/20/16): Court and MSL break down the WWE Draft, talking about who got picked when, possibilities for future booking, the big Toyota sponsorship, and the lack of any real surprises. They also touch on the Cena/WWE relationship and Roman Reigns’ return. They also discuss La Sombra’s status in NXT, Ryback’s future, Cody Rhodes in ROH, the WWE title situation, the big lawsuit against the WWE, the G1 & Super J Cup, and the recent lucha libre documentary. I appreciate them recording right after the draft for some timely audio. THUMBS UP

Talk is Jericho #266 (7/20/16): Jericho talks to adult film star and cosplayer Tanya Tate. They talk about the adult film industry in England, how she got into cosplay and what goes into it, characters she’s dressed as, and the Lady Titan character she created. I don’t really get cosplay but I think there’s a possibility for an interesting show about it, but this isn’t it. You never get a feel for why Tate started this or what the appeal really is. But credit for Jericho for recording an intro addressing his Smackdown match with Cesaro just hours after it occurred. [Tate’s interview starts at 5:03]  THUMBS DOWN

Ric Flair Show #3 (7/20/16): Shawn Michaels joins Ric and Conrad to talk about the first time he met Ric, the first time they worked together, Ric as an influence, the best match they ever had, the Flair retirement angle, and more. I liked how everything revolved around Michaels and Flair’s relationship, although the interview is short at about 37 minutes. But the non-interview segments, like the review of Flair vs. Hogan at Bash at the Beach, make for a solid outing. Weirdly, Flair seems to have some beef with Karl Anderson (but not AJ or Gallows) after the Club imitated Flair on Talk is Jericho.  THUMBS UP

Art of Wrestling #310 (7/21/16): Irish wrestler Luther Ward talks to Colt, making him the second guest (after RJ City) I had minimal knowledge of going in. They talk about the UK scene, promoting shows at age 18, his time in NXT and the relief he felt when he was let go, and how YouTube affects today’s modern wrestling. As I said, I didn’t know anything about Ward, but his story is interesting, especially the less than rosy picture he paints of the Performance Center.THUMBS UP

The Steve Austin Show – Unleashed! #344 (7/21/16): Comedian Bill Burr joins Steve for part 1 of a two-parter. They talk about the cars, trying wrestling moves as a kid, the art of comedy and the similarities between comedy and pro wrestling, bombing both on the stage and in the ring, opening for bands, rising up the comedy ranks and a lot more. Burr is a funny guy (duh) and I always appreciate someone looking back at their early days paying their dues.  THUMBS UP

Jim Cornette Experience #138 (7/21/16): Jim and Brian are back from their respective vacations, so no guest as they catch up on the news. Topics include Brock Lesnar’s drug test failures, The Republican National Convention (of course), guns, the OklaMania show, the Final Deletion and why Jim won’t be watching it (boo!), and another mega-rant on Vince Russo to close out the show. It’s 90 minutes of the best and worst of Jim. THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

Keepin’ it 100 #3 (7/21/16): Konnan and Disco run down a variety of topics, including the five boys at the back of the bus, the stock music they can use on the show, boxing, All Star games, and more. Teddy Hart then shows up for a brief interview to talk wrestling in Mexico, his legal troubles, and selling cats. The show closes with a recap of Vampiro’s tall tales and Disco singing a song. I appreciate the quick segments; they keep the show moving at a fast pace. THUMBS UP

Marty & Sarah Love Wrestling #6 (7/21/16): Sarah and Marty talk the draft, play F/M/K, and do the usual improv comedy (the Tiny Enzo stuff is especially excruciating). This also was apparently a huge iTunes hit and got a rave review on the AV Club’s Podmass. Am I the one who’s out of touch? No, it is the children who are wrong. THUMBS DOWN

Talk is Jericho #269 (7/22/16): It’s Bayley! [cue wacky waving inflatable tube men] NXT’s Bayley talks to Jericho about her start in California, developing her character in NXT, her feud and friendship with Sasha Banks, connecting with kids, Izzy, waiting to be called up to the main roster, and more. Bayley comes across as nice and friendly in audio form as she does in NXT. [Bailey’s interview starts at 7:08]  THUMBS UP

MSL & Sullivan Show (7/22/16): MSL and Kevin are back to talk about Kevin’s recent War Games match, working Dory Funk Jr. at the Orange Bowl, blading, WWE still putting over the Attitude Era, and biblical booking. Then we get questions about Paul Roma, working Hawaii, Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton in ECW, and more. We close out the show with a review of the 11/4/96 Nitro and the nascent woman’s division and Eric Bischoff’s growing television time. Good stuff. [The Nitro review starts at 50:19]  THUMBS UP

Get that lipton

2 tablespoons of sugar
Squeeze 1 lemon and 1 lime
3 drops of vanilla extract
Half tablespoon of nutmeg
noted-ryan-the-office.gif

Back
Top Bottom