Wrestling Thread Jul 14 - Aug 3 | 7/31 WWE Announces Network Subscriptions, Predict The #!

How many subscribers will WWE announce for the WWE Network?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1,000,000+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WWE Superstar Dean Ambrose recently spoke with Brett Buchanan for rock news site AlternativeNation.net. Below are some highlights:

Sting Coming to WWE: “I mean everybody has always wanted to see Sting come to WWE. It’s just been ‘Sting’s coming to WWE! Sting’s coming to WWE!’ for so long, at this point everybody is just like, ‘Just come in, just have a match, just do it, it’s time.’ We all obviously [want] Sting at WrestleMania. Do whatever, if he’s in fighting shape, then great, I think anybody would want to be there and see that, [even if] it’s a one off. I mean he’s Sting. If you’re a fan of the business from any historical perspective, or if you were even just a fan as a kid, he’s a very important figure in history. I think he deserves to have that one night where he’s celebrated on a bigger stage, whether that be a Hall of Fame thing or a one off at WrestleMania. I think Sting as a character, and Sting as a person, for what he’s been I think he deserves that one big night on the biggest stage.”

Working with Triple H: “[We ended up being able to] work with Triple H, and [I would] go up to him with what [I thought] was a brilliant idea, because I tend to think I’m pretty smart. I’ll go up and say I have a brilliant idea, and he’ll shoot 10,000 logic holes in it, and I’ll go, ‘Oh yeah I am stupid, that’s way smarter the way he put it.’ Seeing how Triple H thinks is very educational. Kind of the same thing with Piper, seeing those guys go through their process and think about things, and bring logic to what is often an illogical form of entertainment, is pretty cool.”

KENTA signing with WWE: “When it comes to KENTA, I saw him in Japan and talked to him a little bit. Him coming in just shows you the difference in the Performance Center. When I came in it was a totally different story than what it is today. I slipped in the back door of developmental, the only guy I was even vaguely familiar with was Seth [Rollins], and I never wrestled him before. I may have crossed paths and maybe said hello to him once or twice over the years, but we were in different circles. We were always kind of on parallel paths on the indies, so I never really crossed paths with him much. But he was the only guy I had even remotely heard of, it was just a bunch of other guys.”

Where is DC?

I'm pretty shocked WWE didn't bite on Styles. Doesn't make sense really. He not great on the mic but pick a WWE guy who is truly legit with the mic.
Right here man. I don't see AJ being on their radar. I don't see WWE being on his radar. He is doing his thing in New Japan and American Indy's. Life is good for dude right now and he doesn't have to answer to 1 person.

Yes. If Hardy is clean and can pass the physical (both big ifs), Vince would definitely take him back. They desperately need top babyfaces.
Would love to see my dude back in the mix. Make it happen Vince.

Where will Mike Tenay go?
Hopefully New Japan can start giving us English commentary and he can be the lead on this.

WWE 2k14 on sale for $30 at best buy?

Worth a pick up? i went to a bbq and some kids were playing 2k11 and it looks pretty neat lol

Also am I able to update the rosters in 2k14?
It is worth picking up for 30. I just started playing it again this morning. Good game. I have edited rosters and ratings though to make the game more realistic.

Thats a lot of people with no jobs man. Thats sad
Yea all jokes aside that is the first thing that came to mind. Sad day forreal.

Aside from the fact that WWE isn't going to bring these guys in to begin with, WWE is also in MAJOR cost cutting mode.  They already have too many guys in NXT.  You can have all these fantasy scenarios of WWE bringing in a bunch of TNA talent, but it's not going to happen.
See, I believe these cost cuts should have taken place a long time ago. All of the pyros are not needed. Yes, it makes the shows seem big but when you do it on RAW, how can you make a "PPV" seem special? Especially now that PPVs aren't even PPVS here in the US, they need to dumb down RAW's presentation a tad bit to give the big shows a BIg Show feel.

But I am naturally a penny pincher so my opinion isn't really valid.

:lol: damn I kinda feel bad.
Same here man.

Preparing to see Mutahh for the last time on national tv over these next couple weeks.
:rolleyes

WWE Superstar Dean Ambrose recently spoke with Brett Buchanan for rock news site AlternativeNation.net. Below are some highlights:

Sting Coming to WWE: “I mean everybody has always wanted to see Sting come to WWE. It’s just been ‘Sting’s coming to WWE! Sting’s coming to WWE!’ for so long, at this point everybody is just like, ‘Just come in, just have a match, just do it, it’s time.’ We all obviously [want] Sting at WrestleMania. Do whatever, if he’s in fighting shape, then great, I think anybody would want to be there and see that, [even if] it’s a one off. I mean he’s Sting. If you’re a fan of the business from any historical perspective, or if you were even just a fan as a kid, he’s a very important figure in history. I think he deserves to have that one night where he’s celebrated on a bigger stage, whether that be a Hall of Fame thing or a one off at WrestleMania. I think Sting as a character, and Sting as a person, for what he’s been I think he deserves that one big night on the biggest stage.”

But but but no one would know who Sting is they said. He's a second class worker they said.

Triple H is Shovel because he loves to bury people
Cena is not worldstar. Ambrose is Worldstar because he punches like a WSHH video
Orton is Migos because he took a pic with them and is the only wrestler to get away with it and look cool
Steph is Ratchet because she raps her own theme song, she's got some moves that would make DC sweat, and it was most likely her idea to bring in flo rida
:lol: Steph is an imposter. Yall stop talking about that rich brat as if she is hood forreal

Triple H is Shovel because he loves to bury people
Cena is not worldstar. Ambrose is Worldstar because he punches like a WSHH video
Orton is Migos because he took a pic with them and is the only wrestler to get away with it and look cool
Steph is Ratchet because she raps her own theme song, she's got some moves that would make DC sweat, and it was most likely her idea to bring in flo rida

Son what [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I just looked up that pic with RKO/Migos, what thee **** [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I love me some ratchet Steph :smokin someone posted a comment here that said something like "Ratchet Steph getting arrested at a Flo Rida concert" :lol: :lol: :lol:

WWE 2k14 on sale for $30 at best buy?

Worth a pick up? i went to a bbq and some kids were playing 2k11 and it looks pretty neat lol

Also am I able to update the rosters in 2k14?
It is worth picking up for 30. I just started playing it again this morning. Good game. I have edited rosters and ratings though to make the game more realistic.
Cool Ill grab it sometime this week. You on ps3?

Wore the GOAT PG era tshirt yesterday
glasses.gif

In all reality, IF TNA is done and it is still an IF (Most likely outcome is they find a deal a little lower to stay afloat and then die off a few months later then they should have), the only ones in a Wrestling aspect that would be considered are Bubba, Jeff, and possibly Ken Anderson who many did like in the locker room, he has maintained a level of health in TNA and that was an issue in the WWE (and dropping Orton horribly a few times in a match)

Bubba and Jeff already have a place in WWE history and the Devon's school does work with the WWE even though it is not regularly reported.........a 3D appearance once and a while would be welcomed by the WWE fans here and there and I think as a single's competitor, Bubba can help BUILD younger talent like Jericho does on occasion.......

As everyone mentioned with Hardy, if clean and willing to work, he can be right back to where he was with his feud with Punk and be a player every time for main programs. But he is a HUGE RISK. (And we would probably have to see Matt too......)

Kurt Angle would be for an appearance role, Trainer/TV Role at NXT, and possibly ONE LAST MATCH. Just like WWE offered him and then passed when they had the opportunity to sign him when his recent contract was up with TNA.

All those other wrestlers.............Why would WWE take fliers on them????? EXAMPLE: Unless they think Punk would come back somehow, how would you think the WWE would book Samoa Joe?????? It would be Christian levels just to bury him to prove he is not WWE material...............

Last edited:
I hope they don't change Prince Devitt's name to something stupid ike, "Dave Ferrett" and pair him with Sheamus because they are both Irish.

^
Would suck for them to go from being given enough time to have good matches to having 4 minute matches with eva marie.

True. Coming from someone who would auto fast forward diva matches as soon as a year ago, the division seems to be on a steady incline. Would rather watch a divas match than a Sheamus or usos match

Jim Johnston the gawwddd turned a basic wcw theme into something epic. Sounds like a song you would hear in a jrpg right before you face the final boss

That's not an official theme haha. It's a mashup of his WCW theme, his theme from Ready To Rumble, and his theme from the 2k14 commercial.

Back
Top Bottom