Wrestling Thread Jul 14 - Aug 3 | 7/31 WWE Announces Network Subscriptions, Predict The #!

How many subscribers will WWE announce for the WWE Network?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1,000,000+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@John2st hope your pops pulls thru ok and best wishes to you and your fam. As for DCs question on fam members health and how they coulda prevented it, I've seen my dads body basically break down due to the kinda work he does and his partying lifestyle when he was younger. He cant even drink now cause it hits him wrong but I dont get mad at him for it. He knows he messed up by overdoing it and always tells me that. Hes one of the main reasons I barely ever drink and dont smoke at all

As for the poll, I'm going with 850k
Wouldnt be surprised if its lower in the 700k region tho since PayPal has made it easy to cancel a subscription

I'm going 850,000 on the prediction
nerd.gif

For those unaware, WWE announced 667,000 as their initial Network subscription number during last quarter's earnings call.  WWE has promised investors 1,000,000 subscribers by the end of 2014.  Judging by the free previews, free merchandise, and unapologetic begging for signups during Raw, I would say WWE is far from 1,000,000 subscribers.  Maybe I'll be wrong, and for the sake of the industry, I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see that many additional people signing up after WM.  If you didn't sign up for WM, what reason would you have to sign up afterwards?  A few old episodes of Saturday Night's Main Event?  I'm not buying it.

My official prediction for tomorrow is 714,000 subscribers.

(900,000+ would be excellent, 850,000 would be good/fine, and under 800,000 would be bad.  My prediction would be a disaster.)

Damn :smh:

4wrestling 4wrestling what happens if the subscribers is too low and the Network is considered a failure? Does the WWE just do away with it or could it be even more catastrophic than that?

I want it to succeed but with the product WWE has been giving ppl lately I also dont see how it can or will :smh:

Damn
mean.gif

@4wrestling what happens if the subscribers is too low and the Network is considered a failure? Does the WWE just do away with it or could it be even more catastrophic than that?

I want it to succeed but with the product WWE has been giving ppl lately I also dont see how it can or will
mean.gif
WWE has invested WAY too much money in the Network to just give up on it.  It will be up to them to figure out ways to get people to subscribe (HOW ABOUT WITH BETTER CONTENT).  If they just give up, not only would they have flushed over $200,000,000 down the drain, but they've also burned the bridge with many PPV providers.  And even if they were able to get the PPV providers back, how many people would be willing to go back to paying $55-65/month for PPVs?

Just make it a non-contract thing. People don't wanna commit for 6 months, make it a prepaid service, pay at the beginning of the month, get content for a month...would have a lot of one-offs, with people picking and choosing which months they want...but it won't give people that feeling that they HAVE to pay for 6 months...hell..cell phone companies are doing it now and they charge an arm and a leg for monthly service, with the option of cancelling anytime, no questions asked.

WWE should have waited until they were able to give us Nitro, Raw and Smackdown. Its cool at first but right now its not exactly must have. I mean $10 PPV is great, but if they invested $200M then they have a LONG way to go to break even.

@John2st all the best, stay up.

On the WWE network....for their sake, I hope its over 800k but I just don't see it right now. Its probably gonna be somewhere in the 700ks. That mean's they added less than 100k in the these pasts three months, hard to believe but I think most people that would have bought it would get it in time for WM XXX.

WWE should have waited until they were able to give us Nitro, Raw and Smackdown. Its cool at first but right now its not exactly must have. I mean $10 PPV is great, but if they invested $200M then they have a LONG way to go to break even.
with 1 million committed subscribers, they'd break even in 20 months...longgg way to go 
laugh.gif
, a lot of people may be done after the 6-months UNLESS they can get Raw/Smackdown Live on the Network

I have no idea what happens behind the scenes but they NEED better content Mondays and Fridays. I used to not go ANYWHERE if Raw or Smackdown was coming on. Now with DVR its whatever and they're times I don't even watch.

with 1 million committed subscribers, they'd break even in 20 months...longgg way to go :lol: , a lot of people may be done after the 6-months UNLESS they can get Raw/Smackdown Live on the Network

Well Live Raw and Smackdown would be good but how would that make the Cable companies feel? Don't want to screw them over and this not work.

with 1 million committed subscribers, they'd break even in 20 months...longgg way to go 
laugh.gif
, a lot of people may be done after the 6-months UNLESS they can get Raw/Smackdown Live on the Network
Well Live Raw and Smackdown would be good but how would that make the Cable companies feel? Don't want to screw them over and this not work.
It's a fine line. I mean what can WWE REALLY do differently to give customers incentive to join the network?, the content it has now is cool but your average consumer probably doesn't care for it, or even has time to watch the content.

I might be buggin. But im pretty sure Kurt Angle was just in Sharknado 2 :lol:

You're not buggin, that was him :lol:

And just like with story-lines and stuff, seems like the WWE did not at all think or know what they were getting themselves into, even with all that fanfare and buildup

WWE needs to at least be able to show IMMEDIATE replays of Raw & Smackdown tho. Idk how they cant do that now :smh:
Also they have to add ALL of the stuff into the library. Theres so much stuff that isnt on there right now, its ridiculous

One more thing, I HATE how they edit the footage for other companies like the crowds and entrance music :smh: Its so annoying not seeing stuff the way it originally was. I want to see Sandman coming out to Metallica not some random generic ****

They'll run into trouble with the networks if they do immediate replays of Raw/Smackdown.

Put them on after Saturday then since Universals channel runs replays of Raw & Smackdown on Saturday nights anyways. Its annoying that they dont put up every Raw at least a week after it came out. The last Raw they had on the Network was the Raw where Seth Rollins explained why he left the Shield....cmon now lol

They'll run into trouble with the networks if they do immediate replays of Raw/Smackdown.
Put them on after Saturday then since Universals channel runs replays of Raw & Smackdown on Saturday nights anyways. Its annoying that they dont put up every Raw at least a week after it came out. The last Raw they had on the Network was the Raw where Seth Rollins explained why he left the Shield....cmon now lol
Raw comes on the Wednesdays after on the MUN2 channel

Back
Top Bottom