Wrestling Thread July 13-26: 7/24 Hulk Hogan FIRED from WWE for Reported Racist Tirade

Are you excited for Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker at SummerSlam?

• Yes

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 59.3%

• Total voters
Balor is standing way to close to KO huh DC?

Thinking back to that TNA/Hernandez news....how stupid can this company be
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
? Read they were basically gonna write off Beat Down Clan because of that, but I would have loved to see them attempt to do some Chris Benoit-like editing to remove Hernandez, or do what they did to the WWF scratch logo
laugh.gif

@DCAllAmerican
Fond memories of this game.

These dudes have personalities. WWE just needs to let them showcase it.

Anyone going to the NXT Barclays show wanna grab drinks/Henny beforehand?

My first WWE show, so looking forward to it.

YOU'RE OUT OF YA DAMN MIND IF YOU THINK PUNKS PROMO WAS SCRIPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long have you been a wrestling fan, 3 years.?

Me, 14 years.

That promo was no way in hell a script.

They allowed Punk the mic for 10 min, how in the hell would they know he'll drop a pipe bomb on the company? He said it himself in I believe his first Colt interview that he had full control of what he'll say in that promo. I'll bust your balls but I ain't gon embarrass you like that, b.

After Punk's 1st or 2nd UFC fight he'll be back, quote dat. And I'm rooting for Punk.
Part scripted, part legit. Thoughts were legit but I am sure it was mapped out in terms of delivery.

Last edited:

Anyone going to the NXT Barclays show wanna grab drinks/Henny beforehand?

My first WWE show, so looking forward to it.
I think as the day gets closer we can all figure out something to do beforehand.

I know theres a BWW around the corner from the arena

Self promotion here, I made a stream of consciousness podcast to talk about Battleground leading into Summerslam and beyond. It's 15 minutes, you're not doing anything important; listen HERE!

Last edited:
Comparing Nitro being 3 hours to RAW being 3 hours now. So much more wrestling on Nitro. Look at the number of matches

WCW Monday NITRO #99 « Events Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4144

Results

Dark Match

Prince Iaukea  defeats Brad Armstrong

Singles Match

Curt Hennig  defeats Mortis  (w/James Vandenberg) (3:47)

Tag Team Match

Dean Malenko  & Jeff Jarrett  (w/Debra McMichael) defeat Chavo Guerrero Jr.  & Hector Guerrero  (4:52)

Three On One Handicap Match

The Giant  defeats Joey MaggsLenny Lane  & Scott D'Amore  (1:35)

Tag Team Match

The Public Enemy  (Johnny Grunge  & Rocco Rock) defeat High Voltage  (Kenny Kaos  & Robbie Rage) (5:13)

WCW World Cruiserweight Title  Match

Alex Wright  (c) defeats Scotty Riggs  (3:45)

Singles Match

Chris Benoit  defeats Syxx  by DQ (4:01)

Singles Match

Booker T  (w/Stevie Ray) defeats Vincent  (0:49)

Singles Match

Wrath  (w/James Vandenberg) defeats The Barbarian  (2:58)

Singles Match

Konnan  defeats Psychosis  (w/Sonny Onoo)

Tag Team Match

Ernest Miller  & Glacier  defeat Damien  & Silver King  (3:26)

Singles Match

Diamond Dallas Page  defeats Ric Flair  by DQ (10:00)

Tag Team Match

Los Villanos  (Villano IV  & Villano V) defeat Hector Garza  & Lizmark Jr.  (6:43)

WCW World Heavyweight Title  Match

Lex Luger  defeats Hollywood Hogan  (c) (11:00) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

Notes

YOU'RE OUT OF YA DAMN MIND IF YOU THINK PUNKS PROMO WAS SCRIPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me, 14 years.

They allowed Punk the mic for 10 min, how in the hell would they know he'll drop a pipe bomb on the company? He said it himself in I believe his first Colt interview that he had full control of what he'll say in that promo. I'll bust your balls but I ain't gon embarrass you like that, b.

After Punk's 1st or 2nd UFC fight he'll be back, quote dat. And I'm rooting for Punk.
Part scripted, part legit. Thoughts were legit but I am sure it was mapped out in terms of delivery.
that pipe bomb was scripted. I'm sure not word for word. but he had bullet points how it was attitude era. no one can tell me different.
but I also think punk will come back. he left to build his cred so when he comes back he's in higher demand how Brock is.

Me, 14 years.

that pipe bomb was scripted. I'm sure not word for word. but he had bullet points how it was attitude era. no one can tell me different.
but I also think punk will come back. he left to build his cred so when he comes back he's in higher demand how Brock is.

The promo was scripted but not word for word, that's true. Also a few days afterwards, news came out that said Vince told Punk to say what he wanted but if things started to get too hot, he would cut off the mic, which indeed happened.

Me, 14 years.

The promo was scripted but not word for word, that's true. Also a few days afterwards, news came out that said Vince told Punk to say what he wanted but if things started to get too hot, he would cut off the mic, which indeed happened.
yea Vince had a clue what was going on. he didn't just get a mic and say "Vince watch what I say." it was a work shoot.

Back
Top Bottom